Holidays can be a stressful time for all – family get-togethers, shopping, bad weather. The list can go on and on. But what about students? What could stress them out during their prime?
EduBirdie was curious and surveyed students around the United States to determine what stresses them out the most over school breaks.
Some key findings include:
- More than 85% of those surveyed said that holiday break homework has caused them anxiety.
- 84% of students surveyed have waited until the due date of an assignment before starting.
- 54% of students said they are having trouble sleeping at night thinking about the work that they would need to complete after a holiday break.
- Only 35% of students would stay in and choose straight A’s over seeing their friends on Thanksgiving break.
- More than 25% of those surveyed said they would pay anywhere from $99-200 for someone else to do their homework for them.
- 10% of students said they would rather hand in an assignment late than complete it over a holiday break.
- Only 6% of students said they would get an assignment done the day it was given to avoid having to do it at a later date.