In-time submission and academic quality guaranteed.
17 samples in this category
Speaking of the world’s literature, it’s hard to find a satiric essay that would be so frightening and even savage as the “A Modest Proposal” by Jonathan Swift. Even though the narration is presented as an economic treatise, the purpose is to highlight England’s exploitation of Ireland. It is considered a masterpiece of satire, yet some students will find it overly difficult to read and process. As you will see from A Modest Proposal examples, what we have here is an essay. It has been published in a pamphlet due to the content and the length. It caused a shocking response in 1729 since the subjects have been presented with dark satire and allegories. The proposal is offered as an outrageous solution in relation to the children of the poor. The narration is filled with symbolism as the children are presented as the most vulnerable, as the proverbial “food” for the English landlords since the young ones are those who suffer the most.
The main idea is addressing rich British people, which is why a good A Most Proposal ideas should focus on the socio-economical processes and the people affected. The main idea and the message of this satirical essay is the ignorance of poverty and hunger. It is essential to bring the element of shocking truth, in the author’s opinion, to help people act before the situation gets out of control.
Therefore, when you are starting with your “A Modest Proposal” essay, you should ask yourself what the narrator seems to value the most. You shall see the symbolism and the parenthood, butchering, and the food that is made possible by the poor people who work hard. These are the main ideas worth considering as you reflect, review, and use various modern examples to contrast and compare.
Starting with your A Modest Proposal essay, consider exploring the topics that have been offered by Swift. It can involve various satire ideas that are related to hunger and the solutions that are being offered by the politics that meet at the luxury hotels or address an issue of poverty. Here are five ideas to consider:
1. The attitude to the poor by the English landlords in classic literature.
2. Rhetorical analysis of argumentation by Jonathan Swift.
3. A Modest Proposal essay through the lens of sarcasm and hyperbole.
4. The symbolism of children and the parents as central ideas in A Modest Proposal.
5.An outline and summary of ignorance of the basic needs as portrayed by Swift’s narrative.
– Always check your grading rubric as it may already have a prompt with a subject that must be explored. For example, if the talk goes about the social problems in the local area, you can use the satirical tone as an outline for your narration. Focus on your topic choice first.
– Continue with the tone and the irony found in the verbal constructions. It will help you to determine the words between the lines and see the real meaning behind allegories and comparisons.
– Exploring A Modest Proposal ideas, implement quotes from the essay to keep the message clear. Cite according to the style specified to avoid plagiarism.
– Explore your delivery and read the final result aloud to see if you could explain and suggest an important moral lesson.
It’s always good to learn by example, especially when you are dealing with satirical writing or analysis of complex subjects. We have provided you with a great selection of complete assignments that will help you learn. Our A Modest Proposal essay examples contain relevant quotes that will show you how to implement citations correctly and keep things unique. The same relates to a wide range of topics that explore the economical situation between England and Ireland and the perception of poverty by the rich. Since it’s not an easy essay to read, turning to examples will save you a great deal of time and will help to deliver your assignment on time!
When you are told to compose a review or a summary of “A Modest Proposal”, do not just write about the main topics or provide a list of quotes that helps to explain the problem of poverty and hunger of the poor. Provide examples from the present times and see how things can be compared, what solutions can be found, or what challenges are always encountered. As you learn how to write A Modest Proposal essay, brainstorm more than one topic, keep every argument accessible, as you speak of the causes and the effect, and you will always remain unique!
Fair Use Policy
EduBirdie considers academic integrity to be the essential part of the learning process and does not support any violation of the academic standards. Should you have any questions regarding our Fair Use Policy or become aware of any violations, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.