Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8
1. Company description:
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota), incorporated on August 27, 1937, conducts business in the automotive industry. The company also conducts business in finance and other industries. The company segment includes Automotive, Financial Services, and all others. Toyota Motor Corp. engages in the manufacture and sale of motor vehicles and parts. The Automotive Operations segments designs manufacture assembles and sells passenger cars, minivans, trucks, and related vehicle parts and accessories. It is also involved in the development of intelligent transport systems. The Financial Service segments offer to purchase or lease finance to Toyota vehicle dealers and customers. It also provides retail leasing through lease contracts purchased by dealers. The all other segment deals with the design and manufacture and sale of housing, telecommunications, and other businesses. Toyota Motor Company’s headquarter is in Toyota, Japan.
2. Product Description:
A product description is a structured format of presenting information about a product which includes its benefits, form, presentation, price, purpose, etc. . A good product description should include a detailed description of the product, its special features which differentiate it from other products unique selling points and utility of the product.
3. Marketing management orientation:
- Production concept: Toyota Corolla has become the most economical and affordable car for different customers. Pricing is also based on segmentation. Toyota Corolla uses both penetration pricing and economy pricing strategies to reach the demands of its customer. For instance, during the introduction of the Toyota Corolla in the US, they used the penetration strategy. This pricing strategy is based on low prices and high quality of the vehicles. The objective of this pricing strategy was to reach the middle class and working customers. Whereas, Toyota Corolla cars are distributed through a wide range of networks that reach the targeted population in the required time frame.
- Product concept: Corolla Altis 1.8 is economical in price but the product is amazing. Toyota Corolla is the most successful product of all the Toyota group’s products. This is because of its adaptability, reliability, and dependability. If we talk about interior then there is comfortable leather foamed seat corners, Rear reclining seats with split-folding, Bucket type front seat, Toyota connects app, Rear seat USB charger and for exterior, there is a front parking camera view, wide-angle reverse parking camera view, Speed auto door lock, Smart trunk opener, Side skirt and colored mud flaps, Headlamps and Rearlamps, front fog lamps and many other amazing qualities.
- Selling concept: Toyota Corolla is promoted and advertised using different methods. Some of the commonly used aspects of the promotion of Toyota Corolla include advertising, sales, promotions, personal selling, and public relations. For example, the Toyota Corolla 2011 was promoted through television where a Japanese renowned artiste was featured. The adverts are also featured on the Toyota website where the prices and features are also available. A company should focus on their selling concept to sell their product, and to gain the attention of the customer’s company always highlight the specifications of the product.
- Marketing concept: On this version, the front-end presentation varies by model grade, with the sportiest faces incorporating a body-colored chin. Front headlights are of the bi-beam LED variety, and LED rear lamps are standard across the model grade. The interior design, meanwhile, showcases elements drawn from a “sensuous minimalism” concept, offering a clean, sleek, and refined look.
- Societal marketing concept: Toyota Corolla hasn’t done any societal marketing till now. But maybe in the future, they do something in which customer gets satisfaction, the company gets profit and society gets benefits.
Macro environment analysis!
Toyota Motor Corporation’s macro-level analysis is a strategic tool to analyze the target market and potential consumer market. Demographical, Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal factors that impact the macro environment of Toyota Motor are explained below;
Changes in the macro-environment factors can have a direct impact on not only the Toyota Motor Corporation but also can impact other players in the Automobiles & Parts industry. They can impact an individual firm’s competitive advantage or overall profitability levels of the Consumer Goods industry.
Demographics play a vital role in defining the target market and target consumers, it defines the strategies to market the products. Demographics include age, gender, social class, income, marital status, family size, etc. Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 demographics are considered a significant variant.
According to the survey and reviews of Pakistani consumers following our the demographic factors
Social class; upper-middle-class
Income; 80k-120k per month
Family size; 4-8 children
Political factors play a significant role in determining the factors that can impact Toyota Motor Corporation’s long-term profitability in a certain country or market. Toyota Motor Corporation is operating in the Automobiles & Parts industry in Pakistan since last two decades and expose itself to different types of political environments and political risks.
Following are some key political factors influencing the macro environment of the corolla.
- Political stability and importance of Automobiles & Parts sector in the country’s economy.
- Level of corruption – especially levels of regulation in the Consumer Goods sector.
- Legal framework for contract enforcement
- Favored trading partners Anti-trust laws related to Automobiles & Parts
- Pricing regulations – Are there any pricing regulatory mechanism for Consumer Goods
- Taxation – tax rates and incentives in automobile industry
Economic factors that Toyota Motor Corporation are considering in Pakistani market are –
- Government intervention in the free market and related Consumer Goods
- Exchange rates & stability of host country currency.
- Skill level of workforce in Automobiles & Parts industry.
- Labor costs and productivity in the economy
- Business cycle stage (e.g. prosperity, recession, recovery)
- Economic growth rate
- Unemployment rate
- Inflation rate
- Interest rates
Social factors plays a vital role in companies reputation also creates great organisational culture.
Social factors of Toyota Motor Corporation considered in Pakistani markets are as follow ;
- Education level and education standard in the Toyota Motor.
- Culture (gender roles, social norms etc.)
- Attitudes towards health, environmental consciousness, etc.
Technological advancement plays a vital helps not only company to strive in the market but also introduce a new field and sectors.
Technology analysis involves understanding the impacts in Pakistani market.
- Technology’s impact on product offering
- Impact on cost structure in Automobiles & Parts industry
- Rate of technological development
Before entering new markets the firm should carefully evaluate and observe the environmental standards that are required to operate in those markets.
Following are some environmental factors;
- Climate change
- Waste management in the Consumer Goods sector Attitudes toward “green” or ecological products
- Attitudes toward and support for renewable energy
Legal framework and institutions plays vital role in protecting the intellectual property rights of an organization, legal factors sometimes provide edge to the company and in some cases they create a great setback for the organisation.
The following factors should always be considered;
- Anti-trust law in Automobiles & Parts industry and overall in the country.
- Discrimination law
- Copyright, patents / Intellectual property law
- Health and safety law
- Data Protection
6. Market segmentation:
Corolla segment the Pakistan market demographically according to income & covers Toyota is mainly targeting:
- Upper Class
- Upper Middle Class
- Lower Middle Class
Whereas. Segmentation and targeting is necessary to position the brand in the minds of the customer, hence leading to brand loyalty. Single segment concentration: Through concentrated marketing firm gain deep knowledge about segment’s need. Making revenue through one segment.
Toyota corolla market segmentation Corolla targeted its segment by its models also which target different income group. Like,
- Corolla Xli (1300 cc)
- Corolla Gli (1800 cc)
- Corolla Altis
- Corolla Saloon
And these Models vary on different price points depending of their specificatios so that’s how Toyota Corrola Targets Different income groups.
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Abottabad, Bahawalpur, D.G.Khan, Dera ismail khan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Mardan, Mirpur A.K,
Multan, Quetta, Rahim Yar Khan, Sahiwal, Sargodha
Dry & Hot, Cold
Single, 2members, 2-4 members, 4+ members
Under 50Lakhs, 1crore or 1crore+
Businessman, Employer, farmers, Official, transporter
Third generation, Next Generation
Higher, Upper Middle, Middle,
Effective Segmentation of Toyota
Toyota chooses their segments on effective ways. These ways helps Toyota to have a clear overview of the segmentations done by them. The effective measurements that they choose for their segmentation are:
- Measurable: Segmentation done by Toyota is thoroughly researched and analyzed. As a result they have clear measurement about size, purchasing power and profiles of the targeted segments.
- Accessible: Toyota can easily reach into the core of their segments and have a profound access because of their vast knowledge and ability over these segments.
- Substantial: Toyota chooses segments in the market that are highly profitable for the company.
- Differentiable: Since Toyota has a clear knowledge over their segmented market, they know which consumer wants what product. So Toyota differentiates their consumer on their choices and creates effective segmentation for them.
- Actionable: Toyota does their segmentation on the basis of their resources and serves each and every one of them efficiently. They don’t choose segments which are out of their capability.
7. TOYOTA’s Market Targeting
Evaluating Toyota Market Segmentation:
- Segment size and growth
- Segment structural attractiveness
- Company objective and resources
Selecting Toyota’s Target Market Segmentation:
- Type of marketing
- Undifferentiated marketing(mass marketing)
- Ignore by Toyota
- The company basically does not follows the mass marketing strategy.
- Differentiated marketing
- Followed by Toyota
- Toyota offer different model of car for different segments like Corolla Xli, Gli, Altis or Grande.
- Concentrated Marketing
- Followed by Toyota
- Toyota has offer some exotic cars like Grande series some specific groups
- Ignore by Toyota
- Not possible
Product. Company strategy starts the strong consumer relationship with an introduction to the newly reinvented Corolla with features that satisfy their needs in safety, reliability, and style at a cost that meets their approval. We bring these qualities to life in commercials, billboards, magazine articles, advertisements, and social network posts. Company non-interactive communications identify awards the Corolla has won for maintaining the highest rating in safety; the addition of voice-activated, navigation, and onstar devices that keep the driver in-the-know while keeping their hands on-the-wheel; and head restraints that limit the result of injury to the head during rear-end collisions. Additionally, we employ interactive product differentiators which accompany consumers down the marketing funnel with courteous services prior to service—such as child centers, hassle-free sales, and on-site educational and discount opportunities for parents and their new driver—and care after purchase—such as reminder maintenance emails and texts, birthday wishes and bonuses, and future loyalty discounts.
Channel. Because maintaining company relationship with the consumer is so integral to Corolla’s future audience, we also focus on the difference the Corolla offers in channels. Reflective of the ease of communication with Toyota we look beyond the traditional methods of telephone and emails—we embrace company modern market with text messages and notifications sent directly to the Corolla’s console. As the future consumes this new audience, the Corolla’s amenities will grow to adopt additional communication techniques that allow the consumer to directly connect to the nearest Toyota dealership simply by pushing a button on the steering wheel. By deploying a communication strategy that enables consumers to connect with Toyota as conveniently as possible and retains qualities of modern and traditional communication devices, we generate a service that all consumers within company market are able and happy to use.
As communication contributes immensely to perception and image, we seek to point out current communication channels and strategies that provide an easier means for company consumers to schedule repairs, communicate with company representatives, and file claims on warranty related issues. These strategies will be provided to company audience through traditional means as well as more up-to-date means that match company market, such as mobile applications, the Toyota website, the dealer website, and texting to a short code—or shortened phone numbers that are more easily read and remembered.
Image. These efforts attempt to position the Corolla by adjusting image—or the way company audience views and perceives the Corolla. Currently and according to company consumers, the brand is bland. The Corolla is not new. We make it new by giving it new technologies that relate to company audience such as GPS, onstar services, XM radio, and mobile device integration capabilities. While these partnerships and extras are easily and relatively inexpensive to add to the basic Corolla Model, the amount consumers are willing to pay for these features in a brand they can trust is surmounting.
To achieve further matching of company product to company audience, we focus not on amending the car, but working with what it already has available. For example, the colors available for the Corolla include:
- Barcelona Red
- Black sand pearl
- Magnetic Grey
- Classic Silver
- Super White
- Sandy Beach
- Nautical Blue
- Tropical Sea.
The colors listed in italics represent colors that reflect an older consumer. The simple solution is to use colors that inspire a hip and young feeling. Toyota may even consider adopting bright colors such as yellow to better target the younger audience. Modifications that are available and can be offered include round tail lights and side decals.
9. Promotion strategy (& positioning):
Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 is one of sublime products of Toyota Motors and has potential target market upto 35% out of all Toyota Motor products.
Toyota (TM) has become one of the top ten biggest advertising spenders over the time. The company spent 435 billion on advertising and sales promotions during fiscal 2015. 1.7 billion is been spent on Toyota Corolla Altis since its launch all around the globe. These advertising and sales promotion activities primarily focus on traditional advertising channels, including print and electronic media, as well as outdoor advertising.
Along with that Toyota Corolla have dealership contacts with showroom owners to display and sell their products also
Accessories like Traction Control is been introduced in the-car so as to improve its traction on rainy and snowy surfaces. It will also enhance high speed cornering stability. This new product feature will attract extra customers in Pakistani market
Toyota’s uses both differentiation and low cost as generic strategies to try and gain a competitive advantage, over their competitors in the automotive industry. The market scope that Toyota uses is a broad one that encompasses nearly every type of customer that is in the market to purchase an automobile. Toyota is able to target such a large market because they have something for everyone. Toyota has four wheel dn. trucks and SUVs for the outdoor types or those who live in areas that face severe weather conditions. hybrid models like the Prius for t. eco-friendly Customers that are interested using de environment along with the standard cars for general, everyday use. Additionally, Toyota provides vehicles for all price range. From the low price Toyota Corolla line of cars to the high priced luxury line of cars and SUVs with Lexus, Toyota has something for everyone.