The immune system is our body defence system, they guard our body against infectious pathogenic viruses, bacteria and fungi as well as parasitic animals and protists. the immune system works to keep these harmful agents out of the body and attacks those that manage to enter. The immune system keeps a record of every microbe it has ever defeated, in types of white blood cells (B- and T-lymphocytes) known as memory cells The main part of the immune system are:
- White blood cells.
- Compliment system.
- lympathic system.
- Bone marrow.
Our immune system basically, protects us from fever. what if our immune system gets weak of sick you all start to thinking if this happens bacteria rapidly enters our body and we can’t live a healthy life, but if start eating healthy food and that food boost our immune system and tips and what to avoid.
Symptoms that your immune system is weak
Now the first thing, It’s not necessary that everyone has same symptoms and even its not necessary that if u have all symptoms that mean your immune system is weak, just no! if symptoms are frequent and continuously happening then you need to worry.
Symptoms may include,
- Youre getting cold and flu again, again like 2 times a week or 3 times in 2 weeks if this happen to change your diet and do some yoga if still happen then go and see a doctor immediately.
- Inflammation and infection this is the noticeable sign cause this is due to an autoimmune disorder, The type of symptoms depend on which organs are affected. For example, Inflammation of the heart (myocarditis) may cause shortness of breath or fluid retention. …Inflammation of the kidneys (nephritis) may cause high blood pressure or kidney failure.
- Digestive problems, such as cramping, loss of appetite, nausea and diarrhoea, this also happen due to many other reasons too but, if continuous you need to see a doctor.
- Delayed growth and development.
- Stress, normal stress is temporary this type of stress occur without any special reason.
- Slow healing your body takes to long to heal any wound.
- Constant fatigue, you ignore your daily schedule and feel lazy and tired always.
Here is the list of some food that you should start eating right away change your unhealthy schedule to healthy! and your immune system will not just recover, your immune system become stronger and powerful.
Try to consume green as much as you can such as kale, spinach, broccoli they are immune booster. It contains a high level of vitamin C and packed with numerous antioxidants and beta carotene which helps to increase the infection-fighting ability of our immune system, other antioxidants in the body, including vitamin E. They also contain folate, another immune booster, Try to consume lots of greens in salad means, uncooked cause if u cooked spinach or other green its many nutrients will be destroyed and if that not possible try to drink spinach juice this will also help a lot.
Citrus fruits such as orange, grapefruit and lime whether it’s about health or beauty they are always been on top of the list they almost work for everything, they are great natural immune system booster, especially vitamin C is great for our immune system because it helps to build up immunity and to produce more white blood cell which is our bodyguard that defends for our body, try to consume citrus fruits as much as you can especially, in winter our body needs extra care in winter.
If ginger is not is your diet add this right away cause ginger brings many health benefits with them especially when it comes about women health. this is even great for heart problems, digestive problems and menstrual problems, and if u want to boost your immune system then you should start consuming ginger tea right away, Ginger contains a very amazing compound known as gingerol and other great antioxidants and nutrients such as vitamin C and vitamin B6. which can promote overall health, ginger is even great to reduce inflammation throughout the entire body.
Almond is doing great for your brain and metabolism but guess what! they are also great for the development of our immune system too they even boost the main component of the immune system, This is because almonds are rich in vitamin E not only that but many great nutrients and antioxidants, vitamin, mineral and healthy fats. I, know after this you will carry a jar of almond with you no matter wherever you go.
Red bell pepper
I think I figure out why we love bell peppers in BAR B Q, salads and dinner, cause they do not just taste satisfactory but health satisfactory too whether you need to boost collagen or improve skin and now natural immune system booster, Bell pepper contain a high level of vitamin C double then grapefruit as well as other vitamins and minerals, They also contain beta carotene and potent antioxidants that inhibit the oxidation of the molecules while protecting body from other pathogens and illness. But try to consume red bell pepper raw like in salad that works even faster.
Yoghurt is always been a healthy food skin food, diet food, and yoghurt are just great, yoghurt contains probiotics, but it’s also high in protein. You’ll also get a bit of vitamin A and zinc, who didn’t eat yoghurt should start eating right away they can be your natural healthy breakfast and also consume yoghurt in the morning, Not in the afternoon not in even evening cause they will make just make you gain weight, and also try to eat plain yoghurt avoid sugary stuff, just a little drizzle of honey.
Wow! they are even on this list too, we all know how much this food is healthy, This food have been used from centuries. They are rich in B vitamins, riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid. The combination helps protect heart health. Riboflavin is good for red blood cells and helps your body to fight against infections. Niacin is good for the digestive system and for maintaining healthy skin. So what are you guys waiting for, eat them up!
Brussels sprouts had you ever eat them if don’t you should! Brussels sprouts help to nourish thymus glands, which control much of your immune system process, They are high in fibre, vitamins, minerals and even contain a high level of beta carotene. They also reduce the risk of cancer, reduce inflammation and even great for improving blood sugar control, Brussels sprouts are high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that’s important for immune health, iron absorption, collagen production and the growth and repair of tissues, again I will say consume them raw or steamed.
Oats remind of one thing that, whose skip their breakfast or have them late also face many kinds of different health problems and one of them is right here weak immune system! And that why you have to had breakfast on time and its even great as gold if consume oats in breakfast, Oats are naturally rich in a fibre called beta-glucan, which boost your body ability to fight off infections oats also contain selenium and zinc which are great for your skin, beta-glucan improve heart health and reduce cholesterol level. That is why an oat is a great option for breakfast.
This one is fully packed with vitamin A and beta carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, Beat carotene helps protect your skin from sun damage and even protect the body from cracking skin and dry sinus, Preventing virus from entering the body. One serving of butternut squash is roughly 87% water, which can help keep you hydrated. It’s good for your immunity, try to have this veg as much as you can especially, in summer. Butternut squash juice works fast.
Yes! another one high in beta carotene pumpkin is amazingly high nutritious and rich in vitamin A and even high in antioxidants and full of another vitamin great for immunity, Pumpkin is also a good source of vitamin C which help to boost your skin health, consume pumpkin as much as you can especially in winter, they help you a lot.
Where turmeric is great for cooking purpose, here pumpkin is also great to boost immunity its anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants help to do internal healing, in the old time’s people who get sick or internally wounded drink, milk and turmeric for internal healing. It also has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-cancer properties, its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits like preventing many heart diseases, Alzheimer and even cancer, Consume turmeric and milk before bed make this a regular habit this will help you a lot to live up a healthy satisfying life without diseases and other health-related issues.
Garlic has been used from centuries as a natural medicine to treat many health issues and amazing when it comes to fighting germs and harmful pathogens thus great for improving the immune system and people with high blood sugar and heart diseases but, try to consume raw garlic instead of cooked or dry cause cooked garlic doesn’t work that efficient which raw garlic can do and guess what one piece of garlic contains only 4 calories.
Sunflower seeds are full of nutrients, including phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin B6. They’re also incredibly high in vitamin E, vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant. it’s important in regulating and maintaining the immune system functions. Sunflower seeds also contain selenium which helps your body fight against certain cancers, while also helping your immune system to control cell damage but, avoid this in summer cause this will give you mouth swelling, rashes and itching without any reasons. So consume this in winter. Winter is the cold season that’s why it won’t hurt you in winter.
Yes! green tea I know you might start wondering what does this tea can do everything well here’s the answer yes, green tea can is just perfect to live up a healthy life this great for weight loss, boost metabolism, skin problems, anti-ageing and now to boost immune system just what it cant do for us, green tea is high in antioxidants and nutrients that just perfect for our immune system if u drink green tea in the morning or before bed you will never have to face any kind of health problems.
Now we will tell you some tips to boost the immune system along with the food.
- Dont smoke, well smoking just doesn’t cause cancer, it destroys our immune system toxins and tar destroys antibodies which are the main component of our immune system and if your bodies contain fewer antibodies your body become weaker and left not be able to fight alone with infections and harmful pathogens, so if u do smoking please stop for the sake of your life. smoking is something like you’re drinking poison and aspired to have healthy life, well! that can’t be happening. u can still live if u quit smoking.
- Exercise regularly if u r facing fatigue while already having a weak immune system exercise help with that all you have to do is put some effort to get out from bed and start some exercise, I know! it’s hard to get out from your bed you have a weak immune system and you still get up that even a big thing in this situation but, not enough you should have to do at least 45 minutes exercise. Regular physical activity can strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off infections and viruses.
- Sleep I don’t know about you but, who doesn’t love to sleep its like heaven. sorry! now back to the topic yes sleep does boost your immune system, studies has shown people who don’t sleep waste their health, some of our hormones build while sleeping and our immune system also activate while sleeping even we know that our brain starts working during night but it’s not good to wake and most important thing good sleep, not that kind of sleep like you’re just completing a task. In a recent study, scientists say they discovered that quality sleep can sustain the T cells in your body that fight off infection, so are you yawning then go take a nap!
- Water, some of us always ignores our thirst, we even procrastinate to just grab our water bottle that not gonna work here, your immune system does get dehydrated like us, it’s like fueling up something, keep your immunity up by drinking plenty of water to burst off infection and bacteria Staying hydrated helps your body naturally eliminate toxins and other bacteria that may cause illness, try to drink16 glass a day.
- Wash hands, from childhood to adulthood we heard that a lot wash off your hand after you eat something, wash off your hands before you eat something and here’s the big reason why we heard that from our parents too much, bacteria need any place or any source just to enter our bodies and make you sick again I will say good hand washing 30 seconds with good antibacterial soap will even keep you safe from harmful pathogens, Wash your hands after being in public places, especially before eating or touching your face or after driving and after doing chores.