In Marketing term ‘Mystery Shopping’ is the exercise of collecting surveys through training field employees so as to calculate customer research and service, operations, merchandising and goods or services quality. After finding out the survey they give back the collected to commission organisation. So lets clear it out, what mystery shopping means. Basically, it is like secret shopping, mystery customers, spotters or virtual customers. Mystery shopping helps to find out that what the customer feels and think when the visit a company or call on a company.
Ethnographic research can be easily termed as taking a deeper look at what makes our customers thinking. Basically, their behaviors, and decisions. Ethnographic mystery shopping can involve living in the shoes of a customer. Taking help from an online journal, diary helps the consumers in sharing their emotions, thinking, and decision factors because they visit your place of business more often. Searching on web, making phone calls, or trying products.
Strengths of Using Mystery Shopping
- Can easily keep a check on the performance of how service is being provided;
- Keep the customers in hand;
- Educate customers about customer service;
- Provides plenty of feedback;
- Helps to demonstrate to the employees of the importance of the relationship with the customers: every consumer counts, likewise, every employee is important.
Pitfalls Of Using The Mystery Shopping
- Not ideal for many companies.The company needs to be the one that not only can take advantage from mystery shopping but on the other hand, they can also practice the mystery shopper to help him understand what they should be looking for. If I want to be a mystery shopper, I need to go through the sales at our B2B enterprise, I want myself to fully understand how to talk about the products or service.
- Further research needed. Like always, basing a company-wide effects on an individual customer experience is a bad idea, and so while doing the mystery shopping we can stimulate further, it should not be anticipated to support any changes to your company on its own.
Ethical Issues Related to Company Hiring Mystery Shopper
Mystery shoppers are certainly an unseen and kind of unheard issue, but with the modern industry and with vulnerable workers continuing to understand ‘side-hustles’ that provide supplemental earning, but the basic problem is that they face mistreatment from the well established companies such as low wage rate, uncompensated travel charges, wage-theft, less benefits.
In todays world there is a great shift towards the urban industry, which has brought out great fleets of mystery shoppers who are waiting to get to infiltrate and report at a moment’s notice. This can include applications like Gig walk and Spot-check, along with many other applications and opportunities. It is with the improvement of employees fulfilling the mystery shopper role, , that assisted to make a practice of non-existent enforcement of ethical behaviors along with accurate or fair reporting from those who work as a mystery shopper.