Writing a dissertation discussion is a stronghold of your research work. This is the part of your study where you critically approach a completed work by giving it your personal opinion, evaluating the results you have got and explaining your results to the a reader. Dissertation discussion chapter will give you the maximum number of points and will prove how meticulously and passionately you worked on your task.
Size of the Dissertation Discussion
The length of Analysis and Discussion Dissertation part may vary depending on the requirements of your University but as a rule, Dissertation Discussion Chapter is the most capacious and voluminous part of your Dissertation. It is of great value and importance because you do not just state what you have done, you need to provide analysis and reasoning of your study.
Dissertation Discussion Structure
Dissertation Discussion is a separate chapter of your Dissertation paper. The way you arrange your points will be a decisive moment in the perception of the fulfilled job that is why the structure you use is of the primary importance.
Part 1. Outline essential findings of your survey. Mention the conclusions and results you have arrived at without any data information. This paragraph may start “Our results confirm…”, “Our findings suggest…” etc.
Part 2. Clarify the value of your research. You need to be precise and coherent to explain everything to the common person and to convince them in the significance of the Dissertation.
Part 3. Compare your study with the previous ones. This paragraph will enrich your findings and support them. Use the following phrases “Let us compare …”, “The juxtaposed approaches show …” etc.
Part 4. State the relevance of your discoveries for the correspondent branch of science. This will give your findings future perspective.
Part 5. Acknowledge the study’s limitations. Every undertaking has its limitations and you need to admit that.
Part 6. Suggest the vector of the future study based on your accomplishments. Each result brings up new questions and problems so manifest the reason for follow-up studies.
Useful pieces of advice for first-timers
- Fulfill preliminary works: re-read your Dissertation paying close attention to its tasks, methods of the survey, literature used, results of your job.
- Dissertation Discussion example will be a helpful thing to come up with the paper of your own (find Discussion on any dissertation e.g. Psychology Dissertation Discussion or some other).
- Do not just reiterate the content of the dissertation!!! You should interpret, analyze and evaluate the results. Discuss whether they back your hypothesis.
- Discuss all the novelties you have introduced in your paper and how they can be useful for future surveys and the development of the field of study your dissertation is related to.
- Visualization is the key to engage people in your work. Use graphs, tables to illustrate the outcomes of the Dissertation and their interpretation.
- Describe the process of your job by providing a concise review of your steps in the course of the work.
- Juxtapose your research with the adjacent ones to find any specific peculiarities about your methods and approach.
- Tell whether the findings of investigation satisfy your expectations or not.
- State what are the future perspectives and possible directions for your research.
- Do not forget to include all the obstacles and disadvantages of the research you were faced with.
- Put forward potential ways of enhancement and improvement of the Dissertation.
- Copying research summary
- Overestimating the scientific importance of the findings
- Lose conclusions (not based on the data and statistics)
- Giving new, not previously stated information
- Obscure statements
- Incoherent flow of information