Reasons to go to college vary, yet one thing that remains constant can be summed up as striving for better life. Some people believe that going to college is inevitable part of life because degree earned helps with better job opportunities, while others become involved in research work. According to statistics, American students name social interaction and scholarship opportunities as primary college benefits, which reveals important socio-cultural aspect of going to college.
No matter what future career is chosen, Masters or PhD degree means that student has completed certain research and learned how information is analyzed, collected, and processed. Moreover, major difference of college life from schools is independence, an opportunity to make solid personal decisions, seeking for information that voices an opinion.
15 Reasons Why Do People Go to College You Cannot Deny
Wait, why am I in college if not for partying and submitting papers hours left before deadlines? It does sound true for most students, yet there are several reasons that cannot be denied when students think about going to college.
- 1 Reason: Better career opportunities - most employers look for people with degrees first, as well as HR Managers check it when one should attend job interview.
- 2 Reason: Financial Support - there is undeniable financial support with sense of independence. Additionally, there is particular stability and ground for family’s income if naming one solid reason.
- 3 Reason: Research Work - an actual chance for researching something relevant in terms of chosen subject. There are chances of getting article published, receiving grants, even national support.
- 4 Reason: Scholarships - there are actually many scholarships available that are earned by participation in contests and applying for something specific. Study well and get paid - marvelous reason!
- 5 Reason: Social Responsibility - for some people going to college means being good, responsible citizen who stands for his or her country’s interests, future, safety, and positive changes.
- 6 Reason: Professional Growth - an undeniable benefit is professional growth with further career opportunities that are basically endless.
- 7 Reason: Personal Development - reasons going to college is unique way of personal development that individual receives by writing essays, looking through study materials, meeting urgent deadlines, learning to work in a team.
- 8 Reason: Internship Chances - it is no secret that internship opportunities always depend on school. For example, Harvard Business School already has quota allocated for students, so there are chances.
- 9 Reason: Living Away From Parents - Some may not readily admit it, but still students often name it as top reason.
- 10 Reason: Independence - managing own finances, living at campus is totally new way of independent life.
- 11 Reason: Volunteering Work - Most American schools offer unique summer volunteering or social work opportunities where you both learn and earn.
- 12 Reason: Community Interaction - every school has friendly community that creates personality out of each student.
- 13 Reason: Establishing Social Circle - future career and even family bonds are established while at school.
- 14 Reason: Writing Style Improvement - Personal writing style, grammar, reading, and literacy skills are improved.
- 15 Reason: Unique Leisure Times - Why should I go to college if not for throwing a great party that everyone is going to remember for life?
Is It Worth It or FAQ Section
- Do you really need to go to college?
In short, yes, you should go, and there are reasons why. When going to college, individual not only belongs to different social class, but also receives better employment opportunities and professional skills evidence. If you are experienced in something, support it with relevant degree. For sure, choice is free for everyone, yet why take away chances for better life?
- Why you should go to school?
There are numerous reasons. It is necessary to learn both theory and practice for chosen career, discover diverse specialists in specific field, challenge one’s abilities, reveal possible flaws, address strengths, and contribute to global community. School opens numerous doors for career growth, research work, financial safety, and personal satisfaction.
- What happens if I don’t go to school?
Since talk is not about missing school intentionally, not going to school results in time being wasted. Even if there are financial troubles or work commitments, major schools in the United States adjust educational curriculum, meeting special needs or situations (think about army service or health issues). So, don’t waste a chance and go!
Benefits of Going to College
While there are no obligatory reasons why you should go to college, benefits are obvious, including financial, personal, educational, cultural, even healthcare grounds. As kids, people often interpret higher education as something alike to school with tons of homework that should be completed. This is only partially true because college professors provide more control, responsibility, relative freedom to choose research methods and materials. Yes, there is going to be more than enough homework that should be completed in due time, yet unlike school system, there is time allocated for research, so person manages his or her time table, as well as leisure.
Finally, what young individual does not dream about becoming independent while finally living alone? Seriously though, there are new financial burdens that everyone faces. No reason for panic yet as doing well at college or being in special situation provides sufficient opportunities for financial help or scholarships. In other words, one studies, paying off with good grades. Depending on college, there may even be additional benefits like internship at leading companies in chosen discipline or participation in interesting research projects.
Now if that does not sound persuasive enough, there are always parties and hanging out with friends, creating that special youth environment that cannot be met anywhere else. Students meet someone they did not know before, making special friendships that last for life, establishing crucial connections for future careers. This particular interaction makes top colleges pride themselves with special communities and fraternities that later form career networks and social circles for years to come. In its turn, employers seek for graduates related to specific colleges, knowing that it is not only prestigious, but also equal to specific knowledge.
What are Benefits of Having a College Degree?
First and foremost, college degree provides unique employment opportunities, increasing chances of being noticed by talent seekers or those who look out for specialists. Just think about placing a resume online and everything becomes clear. Having a college degree is not only a reason increasing chances of being noticed, but also provides information mentioned during job interview.
From long-term financial advantage, possible employment stability up to professional success and mental satisfaction, degree shows that someone worked real hard to become competitive in jobs market. After all, it is no secret that college graduates earn more than those without degree. Another important aspect is job satisfaction because of employment in a field that has already been chosen as student entered certain school. It means that career choice fits within personal aspirations. Turning to Brookings Institute report, it shows that earned degree has beneficial health effect because of increased brain centers’ work.
Taking another practical example in consideration, tutors for college with Masters or PhD degrees also receive job opportunities with America’s leading universities, providing educational materials nationwide. Living in digital age where distant education and global exchange of students take place, degree opens doors to career opportunities all over the world and participation in projects that lead towards global positive changes. After all, it is not only about financial gain and larger house, but making this world a better, safer place for everyone.
College Life Made Easier With EduBirdie Experts
From character analysis essay assignments to funny how to speech ideas, writing experts at EduBirdie are ready to make your college struggles easier! Placing an order is simple, affordable, and reliable as team consists of native speakers with Masters or PhD degrees. Choose preferred writer, read user reviews, chat privately, contact online support 24/7. Since every paper is written from scratch, final assignments are 100% plagiarism free with no risks involved!