Before giving you an insight into the CSE formatting basics and requirements, we should once more point out to what is the purpose of using references to informational sources when preparing a scientific work. In fact, after a student devotes all his time and energy to prepare a paper and ensure that it is flawless, the last thing that keeps him away from a complete success is the uniqueness check. Why is it so important? You all should be aware that high percentage of plagiarism could lead to a failure. And poorly cited sources are exactly what causes this problem, which is why it is vital to make a clear reference to every used source in the required style, it's could be Harvard style, APA or APSA format, and here we will give you a guide to using CSE citation format.
What Is CSE Format?
Many students who study different fields of science are aware of the existence of CSE citation style but not all understand what it is and how it works. In this post, we will explain you the basic features of this reference style and tell you how to cite your scientific sources using this format.
Let’s start from the beginning. The first thing you have to learn is that the CSE writing style was initiated by the Council of Science Editors and today is mostly used in works prepared on various natural sciences. Apart from the CSE style manual, there are a few other styles of references that can be applied to a paper written on natural sciences, which is why you always have to double check the teacher’s demands before you start working on your paper.
How To Cite A Source Following The s Style Manual?
If you have to write a paper in the CSE style or are among the aspiring editors who still lack experience in preparing scientific papers and making proper references to them, then this article and a reliable essay writing service should come in handy for you! Find our helpful CSE citation guide below.
- Creating a title page. Center the title of your paper on the first page, then leave three quarters of the page’s space to type your name, the course, teacher’s name, then go to the bottom and place a date there.
- The format of headings. There should be no heading on the title page of your paper and all the following headers should be in all caps, centered, and have a double space.
- General structure. A paper formatted in accordance with the CSE reference style has to consist of the six basic sections the titles of which can’t be changed: Abstract, Introduction, Methods (or Materials and Methods), Results, Discussion, References (or Cited References).
- Use name-year parenthetical references when you need to cite a paraphrase or quote inside the main parts of your paper, just include the parentheses that include the source’s author family name and the year when it was first published.
- Author (s). In standard citation, you have to state the last name, and follow it by the first and middle names initials with no comma or periods; if there are less than 10 writers, list them all with a comma between each two; more than 10 writers – name the first 10 and write “and others” after that.