If you were assigned to summarize an article, there is no wonder why you are not quite sure how to avoid plagiarizing in this case, as you will have to provide quotes and evaluate all ideas stated in the particular piece of writing. Luckily, there is a solution! No matter how difficult it seems, there are ways, which will help beat the uniqueness checker even if your whole argumentative essay is based on the ideas that are not originally yours.
To help you summarize an article without plagiarizing despite any obstacles (like lack of skills allowing to do it quickly or lack of time), we offer our helping hand.
Receive the best assignments quickly and easily!
Get your writing help from experts now!
Our experts in writing produce an example of eloquence corresponding to the requirements of your citation style. You will be proud to put your name on such assignment!
Want to learn how to summarize an article without plagiarizing?
Read also: Write My Essay, EduBirdie!
Let’s first figure out is summarizing plagiarism at all? The answer to this question is a bit controversial because on the first hand, you are making a kind of review on a text with your own words, but on the other hand, you are concluding and discussing (read like “copying”) main ideas provided in the original text.
How To Summarize An Article Without Plagiarizing?
Although it is quite a complicated question to answer because there is no way students can avoid stating ideas, quotes or phrases when writing an article review and summarizing it. However, there are some tricks that can help you find out how to summarize without plagiarizing and in this post, we will share some of them with you!
What should you do to avoid plagiarism in your text? There are three key actions that help avoid low uniqueness:
- Use of quotations – when including a certain quote in your essay paper, ensure that its content is kept unchanged, it is properly formatted, and the author is specified.
- Rewriting – rewriting or paraphrasing is another effective way of summarizing an article without plagiarizing and it only requires restating its significant ideas in your own words.
- Summarizing – it is similar to paraphrasing as you also need to rewrite the original sentence using your own words but in order to ensure even higher percentage of uniqueness, only the key ideas should be used.
The Most Effective Tips
Below there is a list of the most effective ways to create a high-quality paper and avoid being accused of its low uniqueness. Hopefully, these tricks will come in handy!
Stages of preparation:
- Read the provided text several times to have a clear idea of what are its main ideas;
- Re-read the introduction attentively as it usually contains the main thesis;
- Make notes while reading a particular piece to highlight all the key things of it;
- Underline all phrases that can come in handy when you will be writing your own work but make sure you do not choose too long phrases because college plagiarism checker usually looks for similarities of four or more words.
Writing your paper:
- Use only your own words to increase the uniqueness;
- When paraphrasing a sentence, rewrite the whole thing instead of just changing a couple of words or rearranging their order;
- If there is no way you can prevent plagiarism and not copying the exact words from the original piece, format them properly and always use quotation marks;
- Avoid using too many quotes – only use those that are vital for understanding a specific matter or without which your summary would be incomplete!
These are the main tips you should follow. However, you should do a few more things to ensure that you were able to summarize the article without plagiarizing.
- Cite sources in accordance with the required style;
- Keep a list of sources where you have gathered a necessary data for your work;
- Use a good online checker to see if your paper is unique before you submit it.