Do you want to inspire others? Do you want to get a chance to have your voice heard? Choosing good persuasive speech topics enables you to write an amazing speech that will attract the attention of your teacher, colleagues and whoever is interested in listening to you. A lot of times students are asked to write persuasive essays for various occasions. You could be asked to write one for your graduation party or you might want to give one in front of your class.
When your speech is written properly, you know that you will be able to convince your audience with your point of view. A good persuasive speech is going to show others that you’ve studied the topic you’re talking about. It should provide enough evidence that the topic is thoroughly researched and that your point of view is valid just like a special occasion speech. But a lot of students struggle with coming up with the most relevant idea for the upcoming assignment. This article will provide you with interesting persuasive speech topics that you can use to write an incredible piece of writing.
Components of a Persuasive Speech
Every persuasive speech and essay needs to have three essential components. These components include logic, ethics, and emotion. These three are also called Logos, Ethos, and Pathos.
List of Persuasive Speech Topics
Writing a persuasive essay starts with picking the right topic. This means that you have to spend some time coming up with a brilliant idea, then use all your talent and skills to write it in a good way. A lot of students ask "What is a persuasive speech topic?" because they are confused about this type of writing. To get a clearer idea, looking at speech essay examples can be immensely helpful. This is the subject that you need to discuss in your assignment. It is either set by your teacher or professor or you might have the chance to pick a topic for your essay. If you are unable to come up with an interesting topic, your readers might not be tempted to listen to you till the very end. Spending time to pick the right topic is going to help you submit an excellent assignment.
There are 3 types of persuasive speech: factual persuasive speech (brings factual evidence to demonstrate whether something is true or not); value persuasive speech (argues whether something is right or wrong from a moral perspective; and policy persuasive speech (that try to advance policies, electoral programs, laws, etc.).
There are a lot of interesting persuasive speech topics that you can use in your next academic assignment, but you need to make sure that your essay is relevant to the subject you are studying. You could write your speech about people (personalities), fictional characters, events (historical, contemporary, cultural), conspiracy theories, processes occurring in society, human mentality, etc. The choice of topics is virtually unlimited. Here are some of the best ideas and prompts that you can use in your next task.
Persuasive Speech Topics for College
- How marketing affects people and their perceptions
- The challenges of recycling and potential solutions
- Why the water conservation is becoming an important topic?
- Ways countries can reduce global warming without losing money
- How can tv become educational again and bring value?
- How many people actually don’t know their education options?
- Political correctness is actually good if implemented properly
- What are the current global issues between countries?
- Why are education costs growing progressively?
- Mandatory Internship Programs for College Credit
- Closing the Digital Gap: Equal Access to Technology in Education
- Healthy Eating Options as a Campus Standard
- Defining Free Speech Boundaries in College
- Artificial Intelligence: Ethical Implications in Academia
- Integrating Climate Change into the Core College Curriculum
- Financial Compensation for College Athletes
- Community Service as a Graduation Requirement
- Transitioning to Digital Textbooks to Lower Student Costs
- Institutionalizing Mental Health Days in Academia
- Cultural Competency Courses for All Majors
- Teaching Digital Privacy Rights in College
- Entrepreneurship Skills as a Core Subject
- Relevance of Liberal Arts in the Modern Economy
- Enhanced Campus Safety Protocols
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
- Testing products on animals: is it ethical or not?
- Is it right to keep animals in zoos?
- Should we use products made with animal fur?
- Euthanizing stray animals: is it ethical?
- Can a companion or service animal change someone’s life?
- Is it rational to be scared of harmless yet frightening or unusual animals?
- Keeping wild and exotic pets away from their natural habitat. Is it ethical?
- Should we spay pets to control their overpopulation?
- Keeping uncommon animals at home. Is it good for them?
- Ten ways we can help animals live better
Essay Examples Relevant to Animals
Unique Persuasive Topics
- Electric cars are just as harmful to the environment
- Depression is overrated and we all have to deal with it
- We are living better than ever, but we still complain
- The prison system doesn’t create better humans
- Being untidy doesn’t make you creative or special
- The world needs younger politicians, not 70-year-olds
- Racism will always exist no matter how hard we try
- Most businesses advertise the same way and lack boldness
- Bitcoin and other digital currencies are the future
- Seniors shouldn’t have the right to vote
Mental Health Persuasive Speech Topics
- Personality disorders among teens. Are they easy to identify?
- How our differences make us unique
- Phobias of children, teens, and adults. What are the similarities and differences?
- When is it right to give children medications to overcome mental issues?
- Suicide among teenagers. Is the media affecting it?
- Studying psychology stresses students
- Peer pressure is the cause of a lot of mental problems during the teenage years
- The Necessity of Mental Health Education in High Schools
- Workplace Mental Health: Employer Responsibilities
- Social Media's Role in Adolescent Mental Health
- De-stigmatizing Mental Health in Sports Culture
- Mental Health First Aid: As Crucial as Physical First Aid?
- The Impact of Sleep on College Students' Mental Health
- Access to Mental Health Services for the Homeless
- The Correlation Between Creativity and Mental Health
- Mental Health Screenings as a Standard in Annual Physicals
- The Role of Nutrition in Mental Well-being
Essay Examples Relevant to Mental Health
Business Persuasive Speech Topics
- The importance of people’s skills for the success of your business
- Are introverts better entrepreneurs?
- How can a mentor affect your success as an entrepreneur?
- Understanding your position in the market. How can it affect your current and future business plan?
- Social media is going to affect your marketing plan
- Why should you go after your passion in business?
- Starting a successful business with no money
- The value of unorthodox business ideas
- Using feedback from unhappy customers to enhance your sales
- The importance of delegation
- Employers asking for their employees’ social media accounts. Is it right or wrong?
- Employers shouldn’t ask questions related to an employee’s personal life
Persuasive Speeches for Kids
- Life as a teen dependent on technology
- Teachers contribute more to society than a lot of other professions
- Video games promote violence among children and teens
- Are music videos appropriate for children and teens to watch?
- Mental health and well-being should be one of the subjects studied at school
- Kids under 16 years shouldn’t have their own social media accounts
- Exam results shouldn’t be used to label students
- Dealing with bullies. Is it suitable to punish them?
- Are schoolers assigned a reasonable number of tasks?
- Feeling shy to talk to others and how to overcome it
- Which sport should you play to stay healthy?
- How to write the best title for your speeches?
- How to overcome fear when speaking in public?
- What is the best way to reach a solution for challenging Math problems?
Read Also: 100 Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
Medical Persuasive Speech Topics
- A migraine is usually overlooked at school or in a workplace
- Alternative medication: The truth and the myths
- Infertility in couples is related to stress and unhealthy lifestyles
- Mental health issues affect the whole society
- The food industry is the reason behind obesity
- Everyone should donate blood at least once a year
- How to overcome back pain? Different treatment options
- Using a mouthwash after brushing your teeth is essential for your dental health
- Do cell phones affect our brains?
- Non-smokers should be first on the organ transplant lists
- Is biohacking good for your health?
- Diet beverages do not actually make you lose weight
- Using the right amount of salt in your food is going to affect your health
- Keeping your immune system strong is a must
- Top things to do in order to improve the way your body and brain function
- Why Every Adult Needs a Nap Time Just Like Kindergarten
- The Art of Procrastination: Why It’s a Skill, Not a Flaw
- How Being Lazy Can Actually Make You More Efficient
- Why We Should Have a National 'Talk Like a Pirate' Day
- The Conspiracy Theory That Socks Disappear in the Dryer
- Pets Should Have Social Media Accounts: The Pros
- Why Teenagers Should Give Technology Advice to Adults
- Coffee vs. Tea: The Ultimate Showdown for Morning Supremacy
- How Horoscopes Can Solve All Your Work and Love Troubles
- Why We Should Elect a Cat as the Next President
Essay Examples Relevant to Medical Persuasive Speech Topics
Public Speaking Persuasive Speech Topics
- Social media affects people’s self-image and self-esteem
- Competitive sports teach us a lot about life
- Who is a hero? What are the “heroic” qualities?
- Learning from your mistakes
- Spending time with your grandparents
- Brilliant ways to make money in the 21st century
- Living underwater: A reality or science fiction?
- Texting while driving should be illegal
- Using single-use plastic containers should be banned
- School days should start later in the day
- Immigration laws should be more lenient
- Living with refugees from other countries
- Students should be able to pick their schools
- Should a student be allowed to skip school if they want to?
- Paying more taxes: Is it a good or a bad thing?
- Should human beings control the weather?
- Simple ways to overcome stress.
Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
- Blaming your younger sibling for the mess you made
- Which music is your mind playing in the background during intense situations?
- Just because we have opinions doesn’t mean they are valuable
- Putting an Instagram filter on your selfie doesn’t make you a photographer
- Why do stuff when you can play video games?
- “Be a musician,” they said, but nobody came to my gig
- Why are skinny jeans for men even a thing?
- You did something wrong? blame it on your zodiac sign
- I have plans for the weekend! sleep and watch movies
Essay Examples Relevant to Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
Video Games Persuasive Speech Topics
- Video games cause a lot of stress
- People who spend their time playing video games are more prone to depression
- Video games can enhance people’s brain and muscles coordination
- Children who play video games have faster responses
- How will gaming look 10 years from now?
- Virtual reality affects people’s perception
- Living without computers is impossible
- A video game can be the easiest way to teach kids
- Watching people playing video games is as fun as watching real sports like football matches
- Will playing video games cause behavior problems?
- The gaming industry is affecting every aspect of our lives
- Video games are not popular among kids only
- Playing video games with random people online
Scientific Persuasive Speech Topics
- Spending money to explore space is going to improve life for humans
- Using genetically modified foods is bad for our health
- Using painkillers is not healthy
- The scientific world is changing way too fast
- Human beings should depend more on renewable energy
- The power of crystal healing can improve our mental and physical health
- Cancer is the most important disease that doctors should research now
- How your diet can cause the onset of different health conditions
- Using supplements should be controlled
- Coming up with guidelines that control stem cell research
- How can science be used to improve the lives of physically challenged individuals?
Essay Examples Relevant to Scientific Persuasive Speech Topics
Education Persuasive Speech Topics
- Proper research is needed to write a short essay
- High-school and middle-school students should be trained to do presentations
- Improving students’ presentation skills
- Should uniforms be obligatory in schools?
- Should there be separate classrooms for boys and girls?
- Students sent to boarding schools: A responsibility and a risk
- The positive possible effect of spending a year as an exchange student
- Cell phones shouldn’t be allowed in schools
- Taking a year off school. Can it help you?
- Hilarious games in the class can help shy students get along with others
- A student’s grade: Is it a fair method of evaluation?
Sports Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why we should consider gamers as professional athletes
- Reasons why women sports don’t get that much attention
- Why are sports so popular globally?
- Why is soccer the most popular sport in the world?
- Everyone likes sports; they just haven’t found the one they like
- Physical training is objectively good for everyone
- How performance-enhancing drugs are used in professional sports
- Why are professional athletes paid so well
- Is it ethical to sell/buy players in sports?
- Are the Olympics still the most important sports event?
Essay Examples Relevant to Sports
Environment Persuasive Speech Topics
- More political and legal measures should be taken to protect the environment
- Keeping an animal away from its home will affect the environmental balance
- Businesses have a serious obligation towards protecting the environment
- There should be a strict policy against polluting the ocean
- Should there be government policies against the use of disposable diapers?
- Recycling paper is going to save our planet
- Are we taking the right measures to get over the global warming issue?
- The Case for a Four-Day Workweek to Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Why Every Neighborhood Should Have a Community Garden
- Banning Plastic Straws: Just the Tip of the Environmental Iceberg
- The Impact of Fast Fashion on Our Planet
- Should Public Transport Be Free to Combat Climate Change?
- The Role of Personal Responsibility in Global Waste Reduction
- Urban Beekeeping: A Solution to Declining Bee Populations
- The Environmental Cost of Cryptocurrency Mining
Family Persuasive Speech Topics
- Can child abuse and traumas lead to future mental disorders?
- Can family history make children more prone to stress and anxiety?
- How to run a business with your family?
- Should children and teens be worried more about their privacy or safety?
- Can video games be used in educating children and teens?
- Having an older/younger sibling. The perks and the challenges
- Internet censorship for kids, is it a must?
- Children will still read books if they are interesting enough
- The Benefits of Family Game Night on Child Development
- Should Parents Limit Screen Time or Control Content?
- The Importance of Teaching Financial Literacy at Home
- Family Meals: A Solution to Better Communication and Health
- The Role of Grandparents in Modern Family Structures
- Balancing Work and Family: A Modern Dilemma
- Encouraging Children to Participate in Household Chores
Government Persuasive Speech Topics
- Can the government promote non-college education for a higher income?
- The problem of spending on biological weapons
- Is the government really taking the right steps to eliminate cultural sensitivity?
- To vote or not to vote: A question asked by a lot of people
- Obesity in children is related to living a fast-paced life. What is the role of the government?
- Getting a driving license: Is one test per a lifetime enough?
- Should smokers pay a health tax?
- Is the government spending too much on the military sector?
- Should the government run a campaign to promote cultural diversity and tolerance?
Essay Examples Relevant to Government
Arts and Culture Persuasive Speech Topics
- How can writing a journal help you become a better person?
- Reality shows affect people’s mental health
- Song lyrics affect our lives in a number of ways
- Should an artist comply with the rules set by the society while working on a project?
- Can a movie persuade you with something you don’t believe in?
- Can action movies cause stress?
- Reading inspirational and humorous quotes improves your mood
- Why reading an informational article in a list form is easier
- Funding the Arts: Investing in Creativity as a Public Good
- The Importance of Cultural Exchange Programs in Education
- Preserving Indigenous Languages: Why It Matters
- Art Censorship: Where Should We Draw the Line?
- The Role of Public Art in Community Engagement
- Cultural Appropriation vs. Appreciation in Fashion and Music
- The Impact of Digital Media on Traditional Art Forms
Essay Examples Relevant to Arts and Culture
Persuasive Speech Topics About Music & Fashion
- Why guitar music is superior to everything else
- Metal is modern classical music, and you don’t know it
- Why music makes everything we do easier
- Pop fashion is getting influenced more and more by alternative subcultures
- Digital music should be free to download and listen
- Clothes don’t define a person, but it helps people look at you differently
- How fashion trends differ from one culture to another
- You can’t buy fashion taste no matter how rich you are
- Music is becoming more repetitive, here’s how
- Why are women the leaders in the fashion industry?
Religion Persuasive Speech Topics
- Studying religion is motivational
- Awesome stories about the ancient gods and goddesses
- How to overcome conflicts and arguments between people who believe in different religions?
- Should the argument that God exists be discussed in a classroom?
- Emotional stories from the Bible can help people renew their belief
- New age spirituality: A fact or a myth
- Current vs. ancient interpretations of the Bible
- Children should be allowed to choose their religion
Read also: Informative Speech Topics for College
Bonus Tips for Crafting Your Persuasive Speech
Having the best informative speech essay ideas is not enough. There are some guidelines and tips that you can follow to help you submit an interesting inspirational speech that everyone will like. Put shortly, good persuasive speech topics are those that bring emotionally or ethically powerful arguments, solid, convincing, well-researched/ trustworthy evidence/arguments and address topics of great relevance. You need to work hard to make sure that every paragraph of your essay is clear, informative and provides value to the reader. Here are some tips to help you finish your persuasive speech in the best quality:
1. Create an Outline.
The best way to make sure that your essays and papers are written perfectly is to work following outlines. An outline serves as the frame that you can check against while working on your persuasive speech. It is the plan that will help you stay on track. It is easy and expected to get distracted while working on any writing assignment. So you need this tool to keep you focused on the ideas you want to discuss in your task. You can write down all your ideas and make sure that they are connected. If your ideas make sense, your audience, whether they are reading or listening, will stay focused till the very end. You can find a lot of online examples for speech outlines that you can follow.
2. Use the Right Vocabulary.
Using the appropriate words will keep your speech entertaining. You want people to stay motivated to listen to your speech. You should make sure that you are using the right words to express and emphasize your message. You can use different words if you want your speech to be funny, controversial, or motivational. The level of complexity of the words used should be relevant to the topic and the audience of your speech.
3. Ask for Professional Help.
You can find an interesting sample of the same topic you want to write about. But it would still be extremely difficult to write an original persuasive speech unless you are very creative. An easy solution is to look for a reliable custom writing service and buy speeches online. You should know that finding a speech generator guarantees that you will be able to submit an excellent assignment on time. A professional writer is going to check your speech for mistakes and errors and make sure that you end up with an original piece of writing. This is a cool way to finish all your assignments and guarantee the best grades. A reliable academic service hires a talented group of professional authors who hold degrees from reputable colleges and universities. They are trained to provide you with all kinds of tasks starting from the elementary level to the PhD level.
4. Use a lot of Examples.
Using a lot of examples is a common way to prove your point of view and is a great method to persuade your audience and keep them engaged. This method makes people believe in what you say. You should make sure that these examples have an emotional edge to them to stimulate your audience’s hearts and minds at the same time. If you're looking for persuasive essay examples for students, you can explore various online platforms and educational resources that provide well-crafted essays to serve as inspiration for your own writing.
5. Keep on Practicing.
This is probably one of the best pieces of advice ever. Don’t worry if you are not very good at writing. Practice makes perfect. The more you experiment with various topics for persuasive speech, the better writer you will become. You can also give one of your friends a call and let them play the role of your audience. Their feedback can help you finish your assignment in better quality.
Finishing an excellent persuasive speech takes time and effort. You need to make sure that you’ve picked one of the best ideas for persuasive speech and that you’ve used the right words to prove your opinion. This is a chance to speak your mind and express what you really think and believe so don’t be scared or shy. Remember that even if you can’t get it right, you will be able to learn from your mistakes. You can also ask for professional advice and hire a speech writer online to make sure that you’ve finished your assignment the way it should be done.