Considering the fact that most of the students are not aware of their own capabilities, this fact alone forces them to opt for academic dishonesty. Plagiarism occurs when you select certain content from another related source and present your paper as it is mentioned in the source. While writing a research paper, if a learner considers copying published information without mentioning the source, it is included in stolen content. To find this content in time, read our article about the best plagiarism checker for free. Depending on the difference in understanding the concept of plagiarism, it can be unintentional as well. Because most of the times help is required from a source and in this case, it is required to understand why is it important to cite sources, otherwise you might become a victim of stolen content. This is where the main problem occurs when a student is unable to cite a reference.
Primary reasons due to which students plagiarize:
After reading submitted paper, professor has perfect knowledge of rather a paper or an assignment was copied from somewhere or done by following the proper pattern. The main reasons for why do students cheat are:
- People are not aware of their own qualities, and they degrade themselves by saying “we are not able to succeed on our own”, so they prefer cheating.
- Young people are especially afraid of failing, and they don’t trust themselves, so they like taking shortcuts hence they opt for plagiarism.
- There are different types of writing patterns through which an assignment and a research paper can be completed but understanding the citation methodology of those patterns is very important.
- Often this dishonesty is not caught by university or college, this gives students a free hand in keeping it an option if some difficult work is allotted.
- Lack of interest in a particular course creates a diversion in mind and empower them to favor copying over presenting their own skills.
- Research skills are very important to stay away from academic dishonesty. These skills help in finding necessary information and taking ideas from electronic journals. Lack of research skills promotes the idea of considering a particular search engine, easily accessible website, Wikipedia or even social media.
- With no time management skills, the individual is unable to write an essay and select an alternative of copy-pasting.
- Laziness is another big hurdle when we are given an opportunity to come up with our own ideas. Second thoughts like it’s not that much important, or I have a lot of time to do this, results in cheating.
- Students from different societies have a different method of learning and completing the task. When wondering why do students plagiarize, think of using a paraphrase tool, since this is an acceptable option in most educational entities.
Check your essay with our plagiarism checker
Plagiarism occurs when someone else's thoughts are presented instead of your own ones. This is interconnected with a student’s psychology because mindset and behavior cause the problem of plagiarism. So, the first priority should be teaching students all the skills that are required to stay away from duplicity.