A personal narrative essay is a story that is told from writer’s point of view and should include a plot, conflict, and characters. Usually, college or high school students are expected to submit assignments based on their own personal lives. This, of course, has to relate to the topic done in class.
Choosing the right narrative essay topics or presentation topics can have an impact on the grade that you score on your narrative essay. Also, not knowing the structure of a proper essay can make the process difficult and uninteresting so if you will ever need to take the stress of university work from your shoulders, we are here to complete your "write my essay" order. A well-written essay should capture the attention of a reader and get him or her involved with the events in your story and Edubirdie essay writing service will help you out.
Read also: The 125 Descriptive Essay Topics: The Easiest Way to Create a Descriptive Essay
How to Choose a Narrative Essay Topic?
As mentioned before, knowing narrative speech topics and personal narrative ideas will affect your score. Choosing a topic of your essay gives you an advantage in the sense that you can write about something you're passionate ambitious.
So, how do you choose the right topic for your creative writing assignment? This is easy. For starters, you should know that the best narrative speech topic can be an event from your life. You can select one memory and use it to build an incredible story. You may actually have many memories that are just waiting to be written down. If you struggle with this part, ask our narrative online essay writer for help.
Life stories told from the first person (and usually ending with morale or a conclusion, known also as coda) could fit the definition of personal narrative (autobiographies are also life stories told from the first person but they are much more complex and voluminous).
So, why not take advantage of this. In other situations, you may feel like a class theme doesn't relate to any event or memory in your life. When faced with this situation, you can create a fictional story. Another great alternative is checking online for examples of good narrative essay topics.
An example of a personal narrative essay is sharing memory of a person the author saw in the childhood and who left a stark impression (e. g. due to exceptional qualities).
Here is a little of 65, narrative essay topics for high school students and college/university attendants. You can use these personal narrative ideas to help you to choose titles for your creative writings. If this list is not enough, you can turn to our narrative essay helper for assistance.
- My Personal Beliefs
- Psychometric Test And My Personal Experience
- Narrative Essay on Winning the 7th Grade Math Award
- Reasons Why the National University Can Be Proud of Me
- My Online Course Experience
- My Deserving to Be a Member of the National Honor Society
- Reasons Why I Am a Qualified and Contributive NJHS Candidate
- Personal Statement: My Experience in Accounting
- Pathway To My Future Dream
- What Makes Me a Strong Candidate for the National Honor Society
- Painting Vs Gardening As My Favorite Hobbies
- Nutrition: My Diet Analysis
- Nursing And Chemistry Through My Own Eyes
- Analysis of My Personal Leadership Strengths and Weaknesses Essay
- My Utopia: Personal Writing Assignment
- My Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
- Personal Experience Of Going Vegan
- A Narrative of My Strengths and Weaknesses
- My Thoughts On The Origin Of The Universe
- My Personal Strengths and Use of Them
- My Philosophy of Life: ‘I Think; Therefore I am’
- My Thoughts About The Psychology Career
- My Support of the New Deal: Reflective Essay
- My Study Plan in University to Get Master of Global Management Program
- My Spring Break Trip to Florida
- What Life Has Taught Me
- My Study Plan for Studies in China at Tongji Studies University
- Proud of My Indian Roots
- Significant Impact of Marcus High School Cheerleading on My Personal Growth
- My Sister’s Keeper: Story Analysis
- My Potential for Internal Medicine Residency
- Brand Myself On LinkedIn
- Emotional Intelligence: Improving Myself
- My Autobiography and Future Plans
- Role of Curiosity in My Life
- The Bucket List of My Future Life
- Review of My Personal Improvement Project
- My Struggle Will Be Beautiful in The End Essay
- In The Honor of My Native Language
- My Bucket List: Becoming Successful
- Finding My Wings Through Faith and Hard Work
- Reasons Why I Am the Ideal Student Exchange Candidate
- Christmas Miracle in My Childhood Memories: Reflective Essay
- Never Give Up: Reflection Essay on Pursuing My Dreams
- My Writing Experience: Opinion Essay
- Reflective Essay on My Experience in Track and Field
- Personal Statement: My Dream Career in Human Resources
- Reflection on My Dream Career Activity
- My Dream Career in MSc Computer Science: Personal Statement
- A Narrative of My Goals in My Bucket List Essay
- Never Give Up To Achieve Success: My Story in Gymnastics
- Reflection on Cultural Event: My Experience of Celebration of Dia de Los Muertos or Day of the Dead
- Personal Statement: My Dream Career in Business and Management
- My Childhood Friend: My Best Memories
- Medicine: My Experience In Developing The Qualities Needed To Be A Successful Doctor
- Reflecting On Myself: Expectations And Mistakes
- Love Myself: Take Actions To Make A Difference
- Science That Inspires Me
- Why My Father Is My Role-Model
- Why I Want To Be A Nurse
- Volleyball Game As My Favorite Sport: Reflective Essay
- Traditions of the Day of the Dead in My Family
- The Factors Of My Career Goals
- The Experience of Social Mobility in My Family
- Report on My Internship in The Banking Industry
Read also: 60 Exemplification Topic for Students
Tips on Writing Narrative Essays
A major difference between narratives and rhetorical essays is that you give the reader vivid descriptions that will allow them to reach a certain conclusion. For you to accomplish this task, your essay should be well structured and contain all necessary components. To guide you on your journey here are a few tips.
Before working on your assignment, think of what event in your life that relates to the class theme. This stage is known as prewriting phase. This is the point where you select your topic. Keep in mind that a topic can influence outcome of a narrative. Select a topic that is important to you so you can compose the best story.
However, it doesn't end here. After coming up with your personal narrative topic, identify all events and details that you want to include in your paper. Create an outline of how events should occur. This prompts you to create appropriate words narrative papers.
2. Be clear
Using complex words can confuse readers. Instead, use simple descriptive words that would convey the message you are trying to pass. Also, do not include all narrative ideas in the same paragraph.
Instead spread out narrative ideas between different paragraphs. Do not create in a clinical manner. Write the same way you would to your friends. Each description and statement should be vivid. After all, it's the only way to get readers fully engaged with your story.
3. Use the 1st person
The whole idea of writing a narrative essay is to provide an autobiographical story of events you may have experienced. This means writing in the first person and not the second person. Writing in the first person gives you an opportunity to narrate events as though they were happening at the same moment. It is the best way for readers to connect with the main character of your story, which is you in this case.
4. Edit your narrative
After you have completed your narrative essay, make sure you revise it. Revising gives you chance to make corrections which may make an entire story more interesting. During this process, you can add events or remove ideas that don't suit the story. Reread the entire narrative. Ask yourself a following questions while doing a review:
- Is there a smooth transition between events?
- Will the story attract readers?
- Will the narrative make readers continue reading?
- Are all events and characters described vividly?
- Will readers understand the main message of stories?
If the answer to the questions on this list is yes, then you are on your way to understanding how to write a narrative essay.
Narrative writing is essential for students in high school and college. Selecting a narrative essay topic of your narrative essay is one of the most important steps in creating this type of assignment. When you select a topic you are passionate about it helps you write an exceptional and captivating story. Using narrative writing ideas help you to write a more interesting story.
You can use Edubirdie to get more ideas for narrative essay topics. You can buy a narrative essay from our professional writers. All our work is original and of high quality. Feel free to contact us for more information.