A common format assignment you have to cope with in college is a 500 word essay. You can describe writing such a task with a large number of different expressions, stretching from “very easy and enjoyable” to a “catastrophic Armageddon”. To be honest a 500 word essay is not a huge mission to complete, once you master a subject and you have developed your own opinion on it. Yet the sun is not always shining and sometimes even the easiest task can be very demanding: especially difficult topics, a theme you really don’t like, one of those day when everything conspires to keep you from focusing on your assignment.
In this case you can resort to the best essay writing service or you can, with a great deal of patience, sit at your desk and overcome the impasse. Having some notes and a sample of how to write 500 word essay should look like can be very helpful: Google for 500 word essay examples and tips, you will be submerged with tons of really good and inspiring material.
Try to put your thoughts in this Writing!
How Many Pages Should 500 Words Be and How to Write the Perfect Paper?
Writing for an exam or a term paper is a stressful task. A lot of students feel overwhelmed when they have to finish such an important assignment. Struggling students often ask questions like “How long is a 500-word essay?”, “How can I finish my essay without running out of time?” or "How to Make Essays Longer?" Such questions are legitimate because as a student, everyone wants to achieve the highest grades. However, the key to finishing an assignment in excellent quality and passing an exam is to practice. Even if you lack necessary writing skills, you can always improve your skills and become a better writer by practicing and training.
So how many pages is 500 words task? A 500 words essay can be 1 essay or two depending on your essay format. If you are following APA format, for example, your assignment is going to be a bit longer than 1 page and a half. The spacing between paragraphs affects the length and is something that will be assigned by your professor. You should always make sure that you are following the right format to get good grades for your assignment.
Your words count is going to be specifically determined by your professor. This is the case whether you are writing an essay during an exam or given time to finish it at home. College professors usually allow for a margin to add or deduct a few words. This should be the guideline so do your best not to mess with it. Writing too many words is just as bad as not writing enough words. This is why it is necessary to use a words counter and familiarize yourself with the right format and rules.
What is 500-word Paper and How to Write it?
A term paper or essay will be around 500 words or more. The universal 500-word essay format is double spaced with a 12 Times New Roman font. A lot of students might find it challenging to finish a 500 words assignment, especially if they have to fit a lot of ideas in the text. But starting your assignment with negative thoughts and fear will most likely make you unable to finish it in good quality.
- Choosing an Interesting Topic:
The topic of an assignment will be assigned by your college professor or teacher, or you will have the privilege to pick it. If this is the case, you should make sure that you have chosen a relevant topic. Otherwise, you might lose marks for not submitting a high-quality paper. A 500 words assignment is not that difficult to finish, especially with enough preparation.
- Finding Relevant Resources:
You are most probably asked to write such a paper to show your understanding of academic material. So it is important to find relevant resources and search for trustworthy academic material. Research time is the key to finishing your assignment in excellent quality.
A Few Guidelines On How To Write A 500 word Essay
- Outline. Compose down a general skeleton of what you think is worthy writing about a topic. Take your outline open, adding points and hints, or eliminating them while writing your paper, as your ideas become more coherent and clear.
- Introduction. Describe a subject of an essay, keeping in mind which points would you like to focus on in the body: some words, skillfully distributed in the text, can drive readers in a precise direction. The introduction is a sort of narrativedoor: making it beautiful and appealing it’s a great invitation to proceed to the body.
- Body. Indeed the main and largest part of any essay, in which your points are fully described and developed. Make the body effective by basing the content on a solid ground: opinions are valuable, but are opinions. Facts, data and reliable sources give your text insight and credibility.
- Conclusion. It is the last part of your essay and the most critical in some respects: here your points bloom into a thesis, a sentence, a position which become somehow public material. You may say that you remain in your page, while your conclusions go beyond it, inspiring other people, being confuted or further developed by someone else. Isn’t it challenging and fascinating?
- Style. What is beautiful in writing is that everyone has his own style: we are all different and our approach to words and how we combine them is unique and incomparable. If I should make a suggestion on the style, I would recommend to adequate it to a topic and the likely audience. Be descriptive and add some juice in the text, make your readers smile or say “oh” without becoming redundant or too poetic, especially in short assignment as 500 word essays.
- If you weren’t the author. After you’re done, let your essay resting for a while, then check grammar, syntax and spelling. A good practice should be to go through your text imagining to be one of your readers: does your essay succeed in reaching the original goal? Is it easy to read, exhaustive and comprehensible? If you are not satisfied, revise and polish it until you are.
- Plagiarism: awareness and responsibility. Plagiarism is decidedly to be avoided. Besides it is very easy to check plagiarism, it doesn’t enrich you and prevent you from becoming a responsible grown adult. Of course you don’t need to have opinions on everything, or you may need some non-original content: in these cases, you can quote, mention, add a reminder, whatever! just remember that your accountability matters and sooner or later you will answer for your actions and decisions, as a student, employee, in a leadership position or, above all, as a man.
Read also: EduBirdie - professional writing service, ready to cope with any "write my essay for me" request.
How Long Does it Take to Write 500 words?
Writing 500 words usually takes 1 hour and 40 minutes.
But this is only true if you have already thought about a topic and done some relevant brainstorming. As a matter of fact, the amount of time you spend to go through different ideas is going to help you finish your assignment faster.
Finding Good 500-word Essays:
You can easily find a good 500-word essay example by searching for trustworthy websites. Looking at these examples will help you find a good way to finish your task. If you feel that you are taking too much time, you shouldn’t worry about it. The more you practice and train yourself the easier it will get.
Do you feel that you are taking too long? This could be a real problem. There are various tasks to finish, so you have to be careful with time. One of the most common problems is redundancy. Not only will it unnecessarily increase your word count, but it will also waste your valuable time. A 500 words essay should include relevant ideas and information. Each sentence you write should serve a clear purpose. It is recommended that you stay away from wordiness and drifting to other irrelevant ideas.
How Many Paragraphs should a typical 500-word Essay Have?
“What does 500 words look like?” Basically speaking, you will have 3 paragraphs in your assignment. The first paragraph is the introduction — there you introduce the topic of your task and highlight the thesis statement. The thesis statement is the main idea of your assignment. It should be clear, and you have to avoid confusing your audience. The clearer your ideas, the better your assignment will be.
The second paragraph represents the main body of your assignment. It should discuss a certain idea. It should also be followed by enough evidence and proofs to support your point of view. Depending on your topic, you might have a third or even a fourth paragraph. This solely depends on the format determined by your professor. You should stick to this format to make sure that you won’t lose grades over something that can be easily avoided. If you have more than one paragraph in the body, each one of them should start with the main statement. This represents the main idea discussed in the paragraph. You should have enough evidence to defend your opinion and even state the opposing one.
The last paragraph is the conclusion. This is where you sum up your opinion and findings. It should be clear to guarantee that your readers can follow your essay.
Which Topics are Suitable and Appropriate for 500 Word Essays?
There are a lot of possible topics that you can include in your 500 words essay. If you have the chance to pick your own topic, you should make sure that you find it interesting. You can’t write a good essay about a topic that doesn’t interest you. At the same time, it shouldn’t be too broad, so you can focus on a certain idea.
The topic you choose should be closely related to the academic course you are studying. It is also recommended to stay away from extremely sensitive subjects. Your professor can advise you on the subjects that you should avoid. Nevertheless, your topic can be a little bit controversial as this will interest your audience. You can check with your professor or look online to find relevant and interesting topics. Make sure that you will have enough resources that can enable you to find enough evidence. An essay will not be accepted if you are simply stating your opinion without any supporting evidence.
How to Compose a 500 Word Essay Like a Pro?
Writing a 500 words essay is a skill that you can learn and master. Before you start working on your assignment, you can write a mind map. By writing down your main idea and all the relevant topics that you can come up with, you will have enough material to finish your task in the best quality.
The introduction paragraph shouldn’t contain any proofs as you are simply stating the main idea of the task. It should, however, be different from your title to avoid boredom. The main body should include various ideas that flow logically. Each sentence should be supported by a relevant piece of evidence. If you are using figures or statistics, you should rely on academic resources. This is your chance to show your professor that you have spent enough time to work on your task. The conclusion paragraph is the last paragraph of your assignment. It should sum up all the ideas that you have discussed.
Make sure that you use relevant vocabulary words. The more unique words you use, the better your task is. You should revise your essay very well before the date of final submission. Use a free application to check for your grammar and spelling mistakes.
You can make sure that your paper is interesting enough by asking a friend or a family member to read your paper before submission. This guarantees that it is of good quality. A professor can also check your assignment and highlight your mistakes so you can avoid them in a future tasks.
One last smart idea: once you have familiarized with writing and perhaps discovered that you are very talented at it, you can apply for some of the numerous available scholarships for budding authors, getting good money during your college or academic years. Wouldn’t that be great?
Need a reliable helper?
At times, even the smallest task is out of place. The assignment like what does 500 words or 1000 word essay look like can seem easy to perform, but when it comes to the realisation, students find plenty of little obstacles. The most widespread is how to fit in the determined volume. Here every word is worth its weight in gold!
You may have a brilliant idea, you may have chosen correct letters to convey your thought to the reader, you may have found killing evidence to support your thesis, but if you have failed to fit in 500-word frame, you will not get a high grade. Sometimes it takes more time to rewrite the initial draft than to cope with all activities preceding the process of writing, writing itself, and editing. Can you imagine?
If you are not in the mood for multiple rewrites or are too pressed for time to spend half of the evening on your assignment of 500-word volume, we are ready to offer you expert writing help online. Having addressed us your request, you will get original material in the shortest timeframe. Try it now! Experts in academic writing know how to make an excellent essay for you!