If you want to write an effective and engaging controversial essay, you definitely need to take into consideration the best social issue topics or satire topics. We are all members of the society and community where we live, and the events and trends of 2021 have affected every one of us. This is why you may frequently find yourself faced with the task of writing about social topics in an academic paper, to show your understanding and awareness of the different social issues of today.
Writing research papers, presentations, and essays is one of many steps to train you to be a functioning adult in your community. Because of this, you need to make the effort to be aware of current changes and trends. Some teens are so caught up in the digital world of online gaming and media that they don’t really pay attention to issues around them. Writing an assignment about current social topics in 2021 is a chance to open one’s eyes and increase one’s knowledge.
How to Write an Essay on Social Issues
Your professor or teacher will ask you to look for interesting social issues essay topics or problem solution essay topics for your upcoming assignment as part of your course work. Such assignments allow teens and young adults to express their opinions about the trendiest topics of 2021. Your classroom is a safe environment where you can discuss what you think without being judged, and this is a chance you shouldn’t waste.
In order to write a perfect essay follow these steps:
- Choose Your Topic Wisely
Choosing a relevant 2021 social problem topic will pay off. It should cause some controversy and keep your audience interested. Be sure it is also something that you could easily research so you can find enough evidence and proof to support your ideas. Check with your teacher or professor to make sure your topic is acceptable for 2021 and that it can be discussed at school or college.
To help you find a relevant topic, try searching trending hashtags of 2021 on media platforms or check your daily newspaper for news. Pay attention to international news as well. This is a good way to understand what is going on in different parts of the world and how it affects Americans living in the States.
Some relevant global social problems include income inequality (poverty), corruption, the rise in authoritarianism (erosion of democratic values), criminality, unsustainable development, and bullying in schools.
- Spend Time on Research
You should always look for academically proved and reliable sources that you can cite in your essay. It won’t be acceptable to list your opinions without using sufficient logical support from outside sources.
Some students simply rely on the media for examples to include in their tasks. This is risky because the world of the media industry is affected by political influence and can be biased. It is recommended to rely on academically approved sources to find relevant examples.
- Support Your Opinion with Examples
Stay attentive to find relevant examples. Since you are discussing a current social topic of 2021, relevant examples are often readily available. Use examples to support your opinion and explain it. They can help make your point relatable and easier to understand.
However, some students simply rely on the media for examples to include in their papers. This is risky because the media industry is often influenced by politics and can be biased. It is recommended that you rely primarily on academically approved sources for relevant examples.
- Keep It Simple
Your essay is a chance to express your opinion and say what you believe about a current social issue or situation. This is why you need to make sure you have used the right words to express your point of view. Use simple and relevant words to explain what you mean in order to avoid confusing your audience.
- Revise and Edit
Before submitting your assignment, you need to make sure it is flawless and error-free. Complete spelling and grammar checks to review your paper for spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes—or give it to us, as we can do essay revisions for you. Writing errors could alter the meaning of your paper and confuse your readers.
What Are the Social Issues of Today? Top 12 Issues of 2021.
As we are living through the times of global pandemic, natural disasters all over the world, conversion to safe energy sources, and COVID-19 challenges, the list of social issues that are relevant in 2021 has also undergone certain changes. Here are the top 12 social issues with relevant topics that you may consider for your essay:
- COVID-19 & Global Pandemic. Without a doubt, almost every sector of modern life has been affected by the global pandemic restrictions and the rules of social distancing. Even though several countries of the world seem to return to normal life, the matters of logistics and global trading are still vague. As an example of social topics dealing with this issue, you may consider writing about how the COVID-19 crisis has affected a particular company or the entire industry.
- The Black Lives Matter Social Movement. It is hard to find anything that has marked the last two years in terms of social importance. The Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement has captured the entire world because the issues of racial prejudice are relevant as ever. In terms of possible topics, you can compare the BLM movement with the student protests in the 1970s or the Montgomery Bus Station protest.
- Green Energy Conversion. This social issue is mostly related to environmental problems, yet the global conferences in 2021 are dedicated to finding safe ways to convert all available energy to safe methods. You may consider writing about the latest innovations to the solar energy sector and talk about wind turbines if you are majoring in Electrical Engineering. At the same time, you can consider writing about school education and the importance of educating the youngsters about our environment.
- The Presence of the U.S. Military Troops in Afghanistan. It is a sensitive social issue in the United States as President Biden has announced about the troops leaving Afghanistan in 2021. This social topic is s quite important as it is not only a political issue but also a matter of national security.
- The Challenges of Remote Education. As we are making it through yet another year of distance learning with Skype and Zoom solutions for video conferences, the challenges of modern learning are evident. Consider writing about how the student habits and attitudes have changed in 2021 and think about what pros and cons of this issue you can explore.
- Arctic Pole Environmental Situation. The Arctic Pole Ice Shield is the social issue that became apparent in 2021 as explorers and scientists from all fields of science started to reveal updated information. Regardless of your college course, you can approach this social issue through the prism of environmental protection, political bias, economics, marketing, and even the logistics that are also present in this sector.
- Global Pandemic & Vaccination. The subject of vaccination might be among the most discussed social issues today, yet it does not make it to the lists of immediate issues because of the political games at play. For example, you can write about unequal distributions of vaccines to certain countries and the ways how politics manipulate this sensitive matter.
- Travel Restrictions. As the warm times are coming closer, the majority of people think about traveling. Even if you are not up for the times of leisure, you may consider some business travels. The list of restrictions is changing all the time, which makes it a relevant social issue in 2021. You can consider writing about new safety regulations and the ways how the COVID-19 has affected our travel routines and rules.
- Global Unemployment Peak. According to various statistics, the unemployment peak in April 2021 has reached over %12.7 in the United States. The same thing happens all over the world. You can write about the reasons for such a situation and discuss the presence of freelance specialists and people working remotely as an option.
- Supply Chain Diversification In Post COVID-19 Society. Without a doubt, the most affected sector in 2021 is the field of supply chain distribution. It has made diversification an issue since people who are limited in funds or face certain healthcare issues do not receive proper help. You can choose an issue in your local community or write about the reasons why such a situation became possible.
- Increasing Political Polarization. Just remember to stay respectful as you write about politics. Regardless of your preferences and beliefs, it is hard to ignore an increasing political polarization, which represents another social issue in 2021. You can consider writing about Russia and its external politics, India and the distribution of vaccines, or the United States with the latest political changes and innovations that take place.
- Healthcare Bias in Modern Society. Unfortunately, this social problem became even more apparent in 2021 as the people who are vaccinated receive more social rights. Still, far not every person all over the world can become vaccinated. At the same time, one should consider writing about other illnesses and healthcare specialists that are not precisely related to respiratory diseases. Consider it as one of the starting points as you write about healthcare bias social issues.
Of course, you may also consider the problem of evolving employee benefits or how people are either receiving various labor compensation or become fired for no reason. At the same time, you may think about the media sector and the challenges of actors and musicians who are currently left without the means to represent their art. Choose something that inspires you and explain why it is important.
List of Social Issues for Essay Writing in 2021
Finding relevant subjects or interesting presentation topics for academic assignments is quite challenging. You need to make sure you’ve picked an adequate topic so you can submit a high-quality essay. If you want a degree from a reputable American college or university, then you need to make sure you submit flawless, excellently written essays. Here is a comprehensive list of social issues to browse for ideas on your next academic project.
Social Justice Essay Topics:
- Is ageism the new racism?
- Deprivation of health care: Dealing with consequences.
- Are convicts still punished after serving time?
- Are labor laws fair?
- How is society viewing domestic violence towards men?
- Discrimination against pregnant women.
- Fat shaming in the job market.
- How is our society dealing with poverty?
- Do recovering addicts deal with social injustice?
- Are Arabs and Middle Easterners subject to discrimination?
Pornography Essay Topics:
- How to deal with pornography addiction.
- Dealing with child pornography.
- Is consent really valid in the porn industry?
- Do pornstars suffer from society shaming?
- Why do pornstars commit suicide?
- Dealing with leaked personal pornography videos.
- The pressure in the porn industry.
- Pornstars who crossed over to other industries.
- Does watching porn damage family life?
- When to know that you are addicted to porn.
Read also: 200+ Good Argumentative Essay Topics
Social Science Topics:
- How did the Roman culture collapse?
- Body modification in the past and present.
- Gift giving customs in different countries.
- Polygamy in the US.
- Everything about the totem poles in the USA.
- Traditional medicine across the globe.
- How did languages evolve?
- Weird burial customs.
- Evolution of eating utensils.
- Have gender roles changed in the US?
Migration and Immigration Topics:
- How did the Irish Diaspora change life in the United States?
- Refugees across the world.
- Building a wall between Mexico and the US.
- Palestinian refugees in Jordan.
- Forced migration.
- History of Australian immigration.
- Deportation of refugees and illegal immigrants.
- What are the factors behind illegal immigration?
- Egyptian illegal immigrants in Italy.
- How can immigrants blend into American society?
Peace and War Topics:
- Children of war.
- How do the economics of war affect society?
- Who paid the price for the War on Terrorism?
- Ethnic cleansing.
- Is society paying enough attention to peace education?
- Role of women in war.
- How did the war in Syria affect other countries?
- War crimes across the world.
- Historical account of the genocide in Armenia.
- Role of media in wartime.
Discrimination and Prejudice Topics:
- Common stereotypes in American society.
- Racial profiling and its effects.
- What is discrimination in sports?
- Reverse discrimination.
- Hate speech on social media.
- Segregation in the US.
- White privilege in the media.
- Discrimination in the Middle East.
- Sex discrimination in the workplace.
- Discrimination against gay people.
- Ownership of stolen antiques.
- Should museums in Europe return ancient artifacts home?
- Stealing cultural heritage: Examples in history.
- Protection of cultural heritage in times of war and peace.
- Art looted in wartime.
- Cultural heritage of indigenous people.
- Food culture.
- Selling copied artifacts.
- Cultural heritage in Asia.
- What is the importance of preserving cultural heritage?
Illiteracy Essay Topics:
- Digital illiteracy.
- 5 Problems related to illiteracy.
- Illiteracy in the US.
- Emotional illiteracy and its effect on family life.
- How can financial illiteracy harm you?
- Adult illiteracy and how to overcome it.
- Can social media help overcome the problem of illiteracy?
- Poverty and illiteracy.
- How can literacy change people’s lives? 3 amazing examples.
- Women illiteracy in African countries.
- The effect of political turmoil on domestic violence.
- Ethnic profiling and violence.
- Movies and violence.
- Promoting rape culture.
- Dealing with social media bullying.
- Aggression in children.
- Abuse in the world of sports.
- Child abuse prevention.
- Gun control in the US.
- Gangs and violence in Miami.
Consumption and Development Topics:
- Over-consumption in America.
- The culture of consumption.
- The power of buyers in different industries.
- Water consumption in Africa.
- History of sustainable development in the US.
- Consumption of alcohol.
- Sustainable consumption of meat and fish: Its effect on the environment.
- Children and consumption of fast food.
- The dynamics of consumption in the US market.
- How can businesses influence consumption trends?
Didn't find ideas? Read: 150+ Best Sociology Topics
Writing a good essay is a great way to guarantee the best grades. If you can’t finish your writing assignment on your own, you could always get help from expert writers who can finish your task on your behalf. Don’t worry if you don’t have great writing skills; you could always hire a professional to do your assignment on time. It takes just minutes to place your order, and you will receive an original, authentic essay about the latest topics. You can even hire an essay writer to revise the draft you’ve written. Seek professional feedback to improve the quality of your writing.
Writing an interesting essay about a trendy topic offers you a chance to display your knowledge of the world. Browse different subjects and pick one that will impress your readers.