Short Expository Essay Characteristic
The name ”expository” comes from the verb ”to expose”, meaning that in such an essay, you should dwell on something, define, and describe it. On the same note, it can be an examination or analysis of a particular issue, depending on expository essay topics you may choose. Generally speaking, an expository essay is a general term for a group of pieces that includes: cause and effect paper, descriptive essays, comparison, problem and solution and also process essay.
Expository Essay Tips
Please note that the above list is just an example for you to have a better understanding of an expository essay, feel free to invent something of your own! Once you’ve decided on an expository essay topic, you will probably need several tips on how to organize the process of writing as well as skilled help with an essay in general. So, here are several pieces of advice to make the process of composing a perfect expository essay easier.
If you don't have time to read this text and to write your paper yourself, you can turn to our expository essay writing service. Just click the "Hire writer" button!
Outline the Structure
To begin with, you should think about the structure of your expository paper. For this type of work, the basic structure (Introduction, Body, Conclusion) is the most appropriate. It's better to start with the body, where your primary thoughts are going to be placed. Then, you can think of creating a gripping introduction that would make readers keep reading your paper. Finally, compose a conclusion that will summarize your write-up. It would be a good idea if you restated your main idea thus signaling that you've either solved the problem or described it (depending on the expository writing topics and purpose of your paper).
If you're seeking further guidance and examples, you can find expository essay examples online to gain a better understanding of the structure and writing style.
This is probably the most critical part of the expository writing. You should aim at making readers understand what you are going to discuss as well as keep them interested; they need to understand your expository writing topic. For instance, if you are going to address the illiteracy of adults, it can be like:
“It is hard to imagine that today, there are illiterate adults even in developed countries. So what are the causes of this issue? Let’s find out.”
Create the Draft
After you’ve structured your thoughts, it is time to create your first draft of expository essay. Be ready that you will rewrite it several times, though. Anyway, you’d like to expose a problem or an issue, wouldn’t you?
Give it to somebody to Proofread
When you have been writing for a long time, you might miss some silly mistakes, typos, etc. Some ideas might be formulated more concisely, too. Thus, you should find someone to proofread your paper for you (by the way, this person should evaluate the choice of expository essay topics). You might also want to put it away for one day at least and take a fresh look at it later. You will be surprised at how many things you might want to change.
Get Professional Help
However, it might happen that you don’t feel like you can cope with the task on your own. In this case, of course, you could address professionals to help you out. All you need to do is to find the right ones. Whether you can’t pick up one of the topics for expository essays or just don’t know how to structure your thoughts – these people will help you out.
Read also: Classification Essay Topics
Exemplary Topics for Expository Essays
Social Problems Expository Essay Topics
- The Impact of Social Media on Teen Mental Health
- Homelessness Crisis in Urban Areas: Causes and Solutions
- Racial Profiling and Inequality in the Criminal Justice System
- The Opioid Epidemic: Origins, Impact, and Policy Responses
- Climate Change as a Social Issue: Effects on Vulnerable Populations
- Income Inequality and Economic Disparity in Developed Countries
- The Digital Divide: Access to Technology in Low-Income Communities
- Immigration Reform: Challenges and Opportunities for Inclusion
- Gun Control and Violence: Analyzing the Second Amendment Debate
- The Role of Education in Alleviating Poverty
- Gender Inequality in the Workplace and Solutions for Empowerment
- The Stigma Surrounding Mental Health and Barriers to Treatment
- Child Labor: Global Realities and the Push for Ethical Consumerism
- The Aging Population: Social and Economic Impacts
- Food Insecurity: Causes, Consequences, and the Role of Food Banks
- The Effects of Bullying in Schools and Strategies for Prevention
- LGBTQ+ Rights and Equality: Progress and Challenges
- The War on Drugs: Impact on Communities and Alternatives to Incarceration
- Human Trafficking: A Modern Form of Slavery
- The Crisis of Affordable Housing and Its Impact on Society
Ethical Issues Expository Writing Topics
- The Ethics of Artificial Intelligence: Balancing Progress and Privacy
- Gene Editing: The Moral Implications of CRISPR Technology
- Animal Rights vs. Scientific Research: Finding the Middle Ground
- The Ethical Dilemmas of Autonomous Vehicles: Who is Responsible in an Accident?
- Privacy in the Digital Age: How Much Surveillance is Too Much?
- The Morality of Euthanasia: Autonomy and the Right to Die
- Ethical Considerations in Organ Transplantation: Who Gets Priority?
- The Impact of Social Media on Privacy and Ethics
- Climate Change Responsibility: Ethical Obligations of Developed Nations
- The Ethics of Drone Warfare: Collateral Damage and Civilian Lives
- Fair Trade Products: The Ethics of Consumption
- The Use of Big Data: Privacy vs. Innovation
- Ethical Issues in Genetic Cloning: Potential and Pitfalls
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Ethical Business Practices
- The Death Penalty: Justice, Retribution, or Cruelty?
- Ethical Hacking: Security Measures or Privacy Invasion?
- The Ethics of Stem Cell Research: Potential vs. Principle
- Workplace Surveillance: Productivity vs. Privacy
- The Ethics of Wealth Inequality: Redistribution and Responsibility
- Cultural Appropriation vs. Cultural Exchange: Where is the Line?
Health Expository Writing Topics
- The Impact of Diet on Chronic Diseases: Understanding the Connection
- Mental Health in the Workplace: Strategies for Support and Awareness
- The Opioid Crisis: Origins, Impact, and Solutions
- Vaccination: Myths, Facts, and Public Health Implications
- The Rise of Telemedicine: Benefits and Challenges
- Preventive Care: The Key to Long-term Health
- The Effects of Pollution on Respiratory Health
- Obesity Epidemic: Causes, Consequences, and Prevention
- Stress and Health: Understanding the Mind-Body Connection
- The Role of Exercise in Managing Diabetes
- Sleep Hygiene: The Impact of Sleep on Health and Well-being
- Alternative Medicine: Complementary Approaches to Health Care
- The Psychology of Eating Disorders: Causes and Treatments
- The Global Fight Against HIV/AIDS: Progress and Challenges
- Healthcare Systems Around the World: A Comparative Analysis
- The Ethics of Genetic Testing: Privacy, Consent, and Implications
- Childhood Vaccination: Policies, Perceptions, and Protection
- The Role of Nutrition in Mental Health
- Public Health Campaigns: Success Stories in Disease Prevention
- The Future of Personalized Medicine: Tailoring Treatment to the Individual
Essay Examples Relevant to Health
Topics for Expository Essays on Literature
- The Role of the Tragic Hero in Ancient Greek Literature
- Exploring the Theme of Revenge in Shakespeare’s "Hamlet"
- The Evolution of the Gothic Novel: From "The Castle of Otranto" to Modern Works
- The Concept of the American Dream in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s "The Great Gatsby"
- Dystopian Visions: A Comparative Analysis of "1984" by George Orwell and "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley
- The Use of Magical Realism in Gabriel García Márquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude"
- The Bildungsroman Genre: Coming of Age in Literature
- Feminist Themes in Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s "The Yellow Wallpaper"
- The Influence of Colonialism on Postcolonial Literature
- The Depiction of War in Erich Maria Remarque’s "All Quiet on the Western Front"
- Narrative Techniques in Modernist Literature: Stream of Consciousness in James Joyce’s "Ulysses"
- The Role of Nature in Romantic Poetry
- The Impact of the Harlem Renaissance on African American Literature
- Exploring the Hero’s Journey in J.R.R. Tolkien’s "The Lord of the Rings"
- The Representation of Race and Identity in Toni Morrison’s "Beloved"
- Satire and Social Commentary in Jonathan Swift’s "Gulliver’s Travels"
- The Concept of Love and Death in Emily Dickinson’s Poetry
- The Psychological Depth of Characters in Dostoevsky’s Novels
- The Theme of Isolation in Mary Shelley’s "Frankenstein"
- The Influence of Shakespeare on Modern Literature and Film
History Expository Essay Topics
- The Impact of the Black Death on European Society and Economy
- The Causes and Consequences of the Fall of the Roman Empire
- The Role of the Silk Road in Shaping Early Global Trade Networks
- The Significance of the Magna Carta in the Development of Modern Democracy
- The Cultural and Scientific Achievements of the Golden Age of Islam
- The Effects of the Columbian Exchange on the New and Old Worlds
- The French Revolution: Causes, Key Events, and Outcomes
- The Industrial Revolution and Its Impact on Urbanization and Social Class
- The Causes and Effects of World War I on the Global Stage
- The Harlem Renaissance: Art, Music, and Literature as Means of Resistance
- The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union: A Historical Overview
- The Civil Rights Movement in the United States: Key Figures and Milestones
- The Cultural Revolution in China: Goals, Processes, and Consequences
- The Impact of the Discovery of DNA on Scientific and Medical Research
- The Role of Women in World War II: From the Home Front to the Battlefield
- The Fall of the Berlin Wall: Symbolism and Significance
- The Historical Development of the European Union
- The Influence of the Spice Trade on European Exploration
- The Witch Trials in Early Modern Europe: Causes and Effects
- The Technological and Tactical Innovations of World War II
Science and Technology Expository Essay Topics for College
- The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Modern Healthcare: Promises and Challenges
- Blockchain Technology: Beyond Cryptocurrency
- The Ethics of Gene Editing: CRISPR and the Future of Human Evolution
- Renewable Energy Technologies: The Path to a Sustainable Future
- The Impact of Social Media on Mental Health: A Scientific Perspective
- Space Exploration: The Benefits and Drawbacks of Manned Mars Missions
- The Evolution of Smart Cities: Integrating Technology into Urban Planning
- Cybersecurity in the Digital Age: Protecting Information in a Connected World
- The Science Behind Climate Change: Causes, Effects, and Solutions
- Nanotechnology: Applications and Ethical Implications
- The Future of Transportation: Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Virtual Reality: Transforming Entertainment, Education, and Training
- The Internet of Things (IoT): Opportunities and Security Risks
- Biotechnology in Agriculture: Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and Food Security
- 3D Printing: Revolutionizing Manufacturing, Medicine, and Beyond
- The Psychological Effects of Technology Dependency
- Quantum Computing: Principles and Potential Impacts
- Wearable Technology: Health Monitoring and Beyond
- Augmented Reality in Education: Enhancing Learning Experiences
- The Role of Big Data in Decision Making: Opportunities and Privacy Concerns
Essay Examples Relevant to Science and Technology
Expository Topics on Religion and Philosophy
- The Ethics of Belief: Clifford vs. James on Faith and Evidence
- The Problem of Evil: Philosophical Approaches to Suffering and God
- Existentialism: The Search for Meaning in a Seemingly Indifferent Universe
- The Concept of the Soul in Different Religious Traditions
- Stoicism and Modern Life: Ancient Wisdom in Contemporary Practice
- The Influence of Religion on Political Systems Throughout History
- Buddhism and the Concept of Non-Attachment
- The Philosophy of Science: Understanding the Limits of Human Knowledge
- Comparative Analysis of Monotheistic Religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- The Role of Women in Religious Leadership Across Different Faiths
- Hinduism and the Cycle of Rebirth: Understanding Karma and Dharma
- Secular Humanism: Ethics Without Religion
- The Impact of Greek Philosophy on Christian Theology
- The Concept of Free Will in Theological and Philosophical Discourse
- Taoism and the Philosophy of Wu Wei: Effortless Action
- The Ethical Implications of Artificial Intelligence: Can Machines Have Moral Values?
- Nihilism and the Search for Meaning in a Postmodern World
- The Intersection of Religion and Environmentalism: Stewardship of the Earth
- Philosophical Skepticism: Can We Really Know Anything for Certain?
- The Role of Meditation in Religious and Philosophical Practices
Education Expository Essay Topics
- The Rise of Homeschooling and its Long-Term Impact
- Gamification in Education: Boon or Bane?
- Artificial Intelligence in the Classroom: Friend or Foe?
- The Debate on Standardized Testing: Measuring Progress or Stifling Learning?
- Vocational Training vs. College Degrees: Is One Path Truly Better?
- Student Mental Health: A Growing Concern in Educational Institutions
- The Impact of Social Media on Academic Performance
- Bridging the Digital Divide: Ensuring Equitable Access to Technology in Education
- Rethinking Traditional Grading Systems: Alternative Approaches to Assessment
- Early Childhood Education: Investing in the Future
- The Role of Extracurricular Activities in Shaping Well-Rounded Individuals
- Language Barriers in Education: Challenges and Solutions for Multilingual Learners
- Cultural Sensitivity in the Classroom: Fostering Inclusion and Understanding
- The Ethics of Online Education: Privacy, Security, and Academic Integrity
- Personalized Learning: Catering to Individual Needs and Learning Styles
- The Global Education Landscape: Comparing and Contrasting Different Systems
- Lifelong Learning: The Importance of Continuous Education in a Changing World
- The Financial Realities of Higher Education: Addressing Affordability Concerns
- Teacher Burnout: Exploring the Challenges and Seeking Solutions
- The Future of Education: Predicting Potential Trends and Innovations
Topics for Expository Essay on Personal Experience
- Overcoming Stage Fright: Transforming Fear into Performance Joy
- From Beginner to Badass: My Journey in Mastering a New Skill
- Unexpected Detour: How a Missed Opportunity Led to My Greatest Discovery
- The Courage to Say No: Learning to Prioritize Myself and My Values
- Lost and Found: Navigating a Personal Identity Crisis
- Breaking Free: Escaping a Toxic Environment and Reclaiming My Happiness
- Facing the Unknown: Embracing Solo Travel and its Challenges
- From Broken to Beautifully Strong: How a Personal Setback Became My Fuel
- The Power of Vulnerability: Sharing My Story and Connecting with Others
- Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone: Embracing New Experiences and Growing as a Person
- Finding My Voice: Overcoming Shyness and Learning to Speak Up
- From Flawed to Flourishing: Embracing Imperfections and Building Self-Love
- The Gift of Failure: How Mistakes Led to My Biggest Wins
- Reconnecting with My Roots: Exploring Family History and Cultural Identity
- From Chaos to Calm: Finding Peace and Mindfulness in a Stressful World
- The Unexpected Mentor: How an Unlikely Guide Changed My Life
- Facing Prejudice: Standing Up for Myself and Others
- The Healing Power of Nature: Finding Solace and Connection in the Outdoors
- Letting Go and Moving On: Dealing with Loss and Finding Closure
- Gratitude Transformed: How Appreciation Changed My Perspective on Life
Essay Examples Relevant to Personal Experience
Expository Essay Topics for College
- The Paradox of Choice: Abundance and Decision Fatigue in College Life
- Dorm Room Dilemmas: Negotiating Space, Shared Living, and Personal Boundaries
- Coffee-Fueled All-Nighters: Examining the Cost-Benefit Analysis of Cramming
- Friendship Formations and the Evolution of Social Circles in College
- From High School Hero to College Nobody: Redefining Identity and Finding Belonging
- Balancing Finances: The Art of Surviving on Ramen and Scholarships
- The Pressure to Preach: Navigating Religious Discourse and Personal Beliefs
- The Instagram Illusion: Comparing Lives Online and Cultivating True Happiness
- Free Speech on Campus: Exploring Boundaries, Respect, and Open Dialogue
- Hookup Culture or Meaningful Connections: Redefining Casual Relationships
- Sleepless Nights and Sunrise Classes: Optimizing Health and Wellness in College
- Procrastination Nation: Understanding and Overcoming the Delaying Game
- Professors as Mentors: Cultivating Meaningful Relationships beyond the Classroom
- Beyond Textbooks: Engaging in Service Learning and Experiential Education
- The Allure of Internships: Balancing Career Exploration with Academic Demands
- Passion vs. Pragmatism: Choosing a Major and Navigating Future Directions
- From Frat Parties to Philosophical Debates: Exploring Diverse Social Scenes
- Balancing Independence and Hometown Connections: Maintaining Relationships at a Distance
- Navigating the Political Landscape: Activism, Awareness, and Civic Engagement
- From Freshmen Fears to Graduation Goals: Reflecting on Personal Growth and College Transformation
Topics for Expository Essays about High School
- Navigating the Jungle: Demystifying High School Cliques and Finding Your Tribe
- Test Anxiety Terror: Conquering High-Stakes Exams and Finding Calmness
- Lunchroom Legends and Locker Drama: Unveiling the Unwritten Rules of the High School Social Scene
- From Freshman Fumbles to Senior Savor: Reflecting on the Evolution of Your High School Self
- Balancing Act: Juggling Academics, Extracurriculars, and Social Life without Losing Sanity
- The Digital Divide: Examining the Impact of Technology on High School Learning and Socialization
- From Bullied to Buddy: Confronting or Overcoming High School Bullying and its Lasting Effects
- College Countdown or Crossroads Conundrum: Deciding on Your Future Path Amidst Uncertainty
- The Pressure to Impress: Exploring the Culture of Perfectionism and its Costs in High School
- Sleepless in Seattle (or Anytown)? Examining the Impact of Chronic Sleep Deprivation in High Schoolers
- Friend or Foe?: Evaluating the Influence of Social Media on Self-Esteem and Body Image in High School
- The Silent Struggle: Exploring Mental Health Challenges and Seeking Support in High School
- More Than a GPA: Defining Success and Worth Beyond Academic Achievement
- Breaking the Mold: Navigating Alternative Learning Paths and Challenging Traditions
- From Zero to Hero: Embracing Public Speaking and Overcoming Performance Anxiety
- The Cost of Cool: Examining the Pressure to Conform and the Price of Popularity
- From Bullies to Bystanders: Understanding and Countering the Dynamics of Bullying in High School
- From Cafeteria Chaos to Cultural Exchange: Exploring the Impact of Diversity and Inclusion in High School
- The Value of Volunteering: Discovering Your Passions and Making a Difference through Service
- Beyond the Textbooks: Cultivating Passionate Learning and Finding Inspiration in Unexpected Places
Read also: Cause and Effect Essay Topics
Try Other Variants to Write your Paper
The professional expository essay writing service at hand can not only assist you in creating good topics for your college paper but also can do it for you entirely. You can also use our topic generator for essay. The team of experts with outstanding experiences is eager to help students with their written assignments including expository essays. Thus, if you think that you are incapable of writing a great paper, then the right choice will be to ask professionals to do.