Writing a decent creative essay requires a lot of skill, talent, and diligence. It is a time-consuming job, but it becomes easy if you know how to do it right. If you really want to compose an excellent creative essay that is going to impress others, then you need to make sure that you are following the right steps. This kind of writing is a chance to speak your mind and tell people how you feel about a particular topic. So you have to know that you are using the right words to deliver the message.
What Is a Creative Essay?
One of the first lessons that every student has learned is how to write a creative essay. It focuses on expressing the point of view of the author. It is the author’s chance to show their good command of the English language, their ability to express their opinion and to transform their feelings to facts. We decided to provide you with this article to help you do your creative essay in the best quality.
Understanding how to compose this type of essay is going to help you complete your assignment on time. It is different from other academic papers because you actually have more freedom to say what you think, so often this type of essay must have a lot of words, and you need to think up how to add length to a paper. You will be ready to make people understand what you feel and how it links to other subjects, topics, and ideas. Good creative essays give students a chance to express their opinion in a safe environment. It is a good chance to develop their critical analysis skills and power of expression. This is why it is extremely important to be sure that you are doing well to finish your task, so it is of high quality. Also, your previous experience in writing process essays will be useful, because creative essays are filled with descriptions of different situations, facts, cases etc.
School, college, and university students are usually asked to submit this type of work. The complexity and length of this assignment will depend on the academic level and the nature of the topic. When students are asked to finish creative papers, they are given a chance to break free from the set structure and rigid frameworks. The student will usually have the freedom to compile a creative essay about any topic, create a plot, and characters in order to express their feelings and ideas. But that is not easy, and a lot of students might struggle with submitting an excellent piece of writing on time.
How to Improve your Creativity? How to Write a Creative Essay Properly? Read now in our article!
Creative Essay Topics
Before you start working on the contents of your assignment, you need to choose the right topic. There are a lot of good creative essay topics that can serve as writing prompts for your upcoming assignment:
- Compose a creative essay about a past event in your life and how you can reflect on it at present.
- Creating a story about someone who woke up to find themselves able to rule the world and how their morals and ideas changed.
- Describing a person who has had a significant influence on your life. You can choose a public figure or someone you’ve known on a personal level.
- Talking about something that you can’t live without. It can be your favorite hobby or a device that you use daily.
- Imagine that you had the chance to choose a superpower. What would it be and would you do?
- What if you were chosen to go on an expedition that aims to start life on another planet? What would you pack from Planet Earth? What would you leave behind and why?
- You are a detective who is trying to solve a crime and find out that a loved one committed it. What would you do?
- Describe your earliest memory of learning about faith or justice. How did your beliefs change over the years?
- You woke up to find yourself in a parallel world where there are no boundaries between countries. Where are you going to go and why?
- Write a creative essay about the happiest or saddest day of your life.
The list can go on forever. The professor usually asks you to link your essay to a subject course or topic that you are currently studying so that the whole thing makes sense. Doing the needed research will actually give your writing structure and help keep it relevant. Nevertheless, you are allowed to break free and talk about what you feel which is a great chance for people to understand who you really are.
Advice Before Writing Creative Essay
Writing an impressive creative essay is all about proper planning. As a matter of fact, the process starts long before you hold your pencil or sit down to your laptop. It is all about letting your imagination go wild and free, but you still need to follow some guidelines which show that you are on the right track. Here are a few things that you can do before you actually start writing:
- Feel confident that you’ve picked a relevant topic that you enjoy writing about. Creative essays let you a lot of freedom, but this can be a little bit confusing. You need to think about the topic that you’ve chosen to know that you have something to say about it.
- Think about your audience. Who are they? How can you keep them interested? This will help you choose the appropriate language to deliver the message.
- Draw an outline for your creative essay. Having a plan or outline is useful because it can help you stay on track and minimize confusion. You should start by writing down notes that highlight the main idea, the protagonist, main characters, and the moral of the story. As you go on with your creative essay, you can check your plan to check that you haven’t deviated from the main idea.
- Take notes and write down your ideas. You should mention all good ideas even if they don’t make much sense at the time. We can advise practicing in classification essays, in which you can compare different topics and choose the best one. Once you start writing, you can combine more than one attractive idea.
Creative Ways to Write an Essay
Now that you know what a creative essay is, it is time to start working. Writing takes time and practice, so the more you practice, the better you will become. Here are some useful and effective tips that can help you get a good grade on an interesting creative essay:
- To make no doubt that your writing is successful, you need to start it off right. You have to grab the attention of readers from the minute they start reading. Your audience should be willing to know what will happen next and how things can turn out to be.
- Combine your creative essay ideas in a rough draft. Write your ideas down and don’t worry if they don’t make sense. You can exclude and refine them later on in the editing phase.
- Read your draft and check that your ideas are stated in a chronological order that makes sense. Focus on the smooth transition that keeps your ideas clear, and your readers focused.
- Explain who the protagonist is and what does he or she wants. Your audience will be interested in understanding who your characters are and what struggles they are going through.
- Describe the setting properly. Your audience will be more able to connect with the story if they can imagine a setting where the story takes place. Try to mention details that help the reader feel that they can see the scene you are trying to describe.
- Using a metaphor or analogy is an excellent way to express your feelings and help the audience connect with words you are writing.
- Don’t be scared to speak your mind. You can show the world who you are and tell your audience where you are coming from. Try to explore the topic from an unusual angle that your readers will find intriguing.
Creative Essay Structure
Following the correct structure to build your essay is going to keep your writing coherent and exciting. The perfect creative essay is divided into three acts: the setup, the confrontation, and the resolution.
The Setup or the Introduction
Involves introducing the main players and the situation that leads to main events in your creative essay. It could be the introduction of the central theme that you are talking about or mentioning the situation that you want your readers to get acquainted with.
The Confrontation or the Body Paragraph
The main issue or struggles that the character goes through. It is a key problem or event in your writing, and it represents the real body of your creative essay. The resolution is the climax where the main problem is resolved. It is the conclusion where you can mention your opinion and what you think about the main struggle or issue.
The Resolution or the Conclusion
The right way to finish your paper. You need to answer these central questions: who, where, when, what, and how. You should try to provide answers to all these questions throughout the essay so that your readers stay interested until the end.
Most people think about writing the title of their essay after they are done. This is usually a good idea because by then, you would have a clear idea of what your writing is really about. Your title should be catchy but still intriguing as it shouldn’t reveal everything you want to say. It should keep your readers interested to read the rest of your essay. The other part that you should carefully work on is the conclusion. It sums up everything you’ve written so far and given you a final chance to express how you feel, share lessons you’ve learned or a message you want to send. It should be short and to the point.
Advice after Writing Creative Essay
Writing creative essays is not that easy, but practice makes perfect. There are a few tips that can guide you to improve the quality of your writing. One of them is to keep on writing. The more you write, the better you will become. You will be able to develop your own style as an author and can experiment with new ideas that you want to share with readers.
You should also read your essay after you are done. This allows you to edit, remove and rewrite while focusing on the main picture. Don’t get overwhelmed while writing or try to revise your work when it is not finished yet. Rereading your creative writing paper gives you a chance to check the tempo and pace of your paper to be confident that it is flowing smoothly. This is one way to ensure that your audience will not get bored while reading.
You need to focus on using new words while describing details. Using a thesaurus to use unique words is a good idea to make the quality of your writing better. You should revise your work that it is free of grammar and spelling mistakes. Errors and mistakes can change the meaning of your sentences and will automatically lower the quality of your writing. You can also ask a friend or a family member to read it before submitting it. This will give you an insight into what people who understand you will think and feel after reading what you’ve written.
What Can We Recommend?
Writing a high-quality creative essay is not everybody’s cup of tea. Nevertheless, you can get the professional help online that impress your audience. Today, you can ask for professional assistance and hire an expert who is ready to improve your draft, provide you with high quality essay edit service, or even finish your creative essay on your behalf.
Our academic service Edubirdie.com helps you submit excellent, creative, and original pieces of writing regardless of the topic. If you lack the time or skills needed to finish your assignment the way you want, then you need to contact us and pay to write an essay. We’ve got your back, and we will provide you with a creative essay that will turn heads.