Marketing is a very broad field. Today, it even encompasses the field of digital marketing and all of its sub-branches such as content and social media one. You can easily find yourself in a tough spot, unable to choose marketing research paper topics to write your paper about.
Research papers deal with specific fields of marketing, strategies, case studies, and unique situations. As a student, you can leverage your research paper assignment to showcase your ability to think independently, find and use relevant sources of information, and analyze data.
Choosing the right marketing research topics can help you succeed in all these tasks. Below, you will find a list of over 100 powerful topics carefully selected by our professional team.
How to Choose a Relevant Topic for Your Research
Before you start combing through our list, you should learn how to choose the right topic on Marketing. Below are some useful tips for you to consider:
- Interests and passions take priority - if there is a marketing field you're personally interested in, you should choose a topic from there. When you are interested in something, you will be passionate about research and you will dig deeper to find relevant studies to back up your claims;
- Narrow down the direction of your topic - once you have a general idea about your topic, you need to narrow it down. For instance, you might be interested in influencer marketing - which is a general topic. A more specific one would be “The Influencer marketing from the ROI perspective: Is it the most efficient social media technique?”
- Comb through online lists of marketing essay topics - now, you can look for ideas that are closely related to your general and more specific topic. The best way to seek inspiration is to go through lists such as this one. There are hundreds of viable topics for your paper, and you’ll probably find at least a couple that you are personally interested in.
- Choose a topic - the right topic is not only the one that inspires you but also the one that is well-researched. Well-researched topics will provide you with enough sources to cite in order to back up your claims. It will be easier for you to identify certain aspects that are still not well-researched to make your own contribution to the field. Hit relevant online academic databases such as BSC and EI.
List of Marketing Research Paper Topics
If you are looking for some general, non-specific research topic, the following 50 topic ideas can prove valuable to you.
- The Relation Between Brand Awareness and Repeat Purchases
- Components That Help Improve Brand Performance
- Marketing and Company Reputation: The Best Strategies to Use
- Is Corporate Social Responsibility a Marketing Strategy
- The Best Social Media Strategies to Drive Customer Engagement
- Analysis of Social Media Marketing Impact on Customer Behavior
- The Relationship Between Influencer Marketing and Lifestyle Branding
- The Most Noteworthy Technologies used to Improve Customer Online Decision Making Process
- Online Shopping: How Customers See it
- The Role Brand Personality Plays in Purchase Decisions
- The Use Cases of Virtual and Augmented Reality in E-commerce
- The Major Components of Well-established Customer Relationship
- Brand Reputation Impact on First-impression With Customers
- Consumer Behaviour: Factors That Drive Convergence and Divergence
- Components of a Competitive Marketing Strategy
- Does Brand Experience Affect Consumers Purchasing Decisions
- What is Social Marketing Mix Strategy
- The Importance of Product Packaging in Competitive Marketing Strategy
- How to Price and Position Products or Services for Marketing Effectiveness
- What Makes Marketing Campaigns Targeting People with Wearables and Smartphones Unique
- Target-marketing and Product Design
- Building a Company Brand Image Through Guest Blogging
- The Key Differences Between B2C and B2B Marketing Strategies
- The Best Practices in B2B Marketing Campaigns
- Case Study of IBM’s B2B “Every Second Counts” Marketing Strategy
- The Best Social Media Platform to Use for B2B Marketing
- How Customer Satisfaction Affects Sales Performance
- Marketing Campaigns Targeting Millennials and Generation Z: Comparative Analysis
- Examining the Effects of Product Descriptions, Reviews, and Ratings on Purchase Decision
- Is Affiliate Marketing a Digital Marketing? Why?
- The Most Efficient Marketing Strategies to Repair Bad Reputation
- How Consumers Connected to the Brand Receive Negative Word of Mouth
- Components of Brand Loyalty
- The Relation Between Brand Personality and Identification With Brand Loyalty
- Customer Satisfaction vs. Brand Loyalty: What to Focus on to Prevent Losing Customers
- Brand Attachment Role in Invoking Targeted Emotions in Consumers
- Unethical Company Behavior Effect on Brand Attachment
- Can Marketing Help a Company Build Brand Equity
- Identifying the Most Important Factors That Contribute to Customers Switching to Another Brand
- How to Leverage Marketing to Drive Innovation
- Aggressive vs. Discrete Marketing: What Works Best for Generation Z
- An Analysis of Purchase Decision of Millennials in the US
- Purchase Decisions of Generation Z and Y: Comparative Analysis
- Social Media Marketing: Is it More Efficient for Targeted Men or Women Segment
- Language as a Barrier to Efficient Online Marketing Campaigns for Big Brands
- Components of Brand Credibility That Drive Consumer Loyalty
- Are Cultural Differences a Factor in Marketing Messages Strategies
- Purchase Decisions of Food vs. Cosmetic Products: Where Labels Play a More Important Role
- Components of Customer Relationship Management Strategy
- Email Marketing Role in Improving Customer Retention Rates
Digital Marketing Topics for Research Papers
If you have to write a research paper on digital marketing, the following ideas will help guide you in the right direction.
- What is the Best Digital Marketing Strategy for Startups
- Assessing the ROI of Most Commonly Used Digital Marketing Strategies
- Search Engine Optimization Case Study Analysis
- Best Digital Marketing Strategies for Reducing Cart Abandonment Rates
- Traditional Marketing vs. Digital Marketing: Which one is Better When it Comes to Tracking KPIs
- The Most Efficient Free Tools for Digital Marketing Competitor Analysis
- Ins and Outs of Targeted Marketing With Paid Search Engine Ads
- Email Marketing Role in Lead Generation
- Is Customer Relationship Management a Digital Marketing
- The Best Digital Marketing Strategy Mix for New Product Launch
Content Marketing Topic Ideas
Thirty years ago Bill Gates said, “Content is king”. It still is. If this sounds interesting to research, here are some topics you can use for your inspiration.
- Content Marketing Strategies for Lead Generation
- How to Use Content to Improve Email Subscription Rates
- The Most Important Elements Every Compelling Content Marketing Must Have
- What is the Pillar Content and How to Use it to Grow Sales
- Repurposing Marketing Content for Startups
- Interactive Content Marketing as an Emerging Content Marketing Strategy
- Case Study of Canva’s Design School Content Marketing Strategy
- The Best Use Cases for One-step vs. Multi-step Content Marketing Campaigns
- The Role of Micro Content in Content Marketing Campaigns and When to Use it
- The Most Effective Content Promotion Strategies
Strategic Marketing Problems
If you have a mindset of a strategist, the following paper topics that address strategic problems will be interesting to you.
- Poorly Executed Market Research
- Inconsistencies in Communication of Products or Services Values
- My Company is too Small and Can Make it on top Without Marketing
- There is no Marketing Plan
- Marketing and Sales Departments are not Connected
- A Company Doesn’t Track History with Customers
- Poor Business Visibility
- Marketing Department Depends on Legacy Marketing Strategies
- Company’s Target Market Segment is not Defined
- Innovative Marketing Solutions are Not Worth Investing Into
Social Media Marketing Research Paper Topics
With billions of people using social media platforms daily, social media provides excellent marketing opportunities. Here are some topic ideas dedicated to social media.
- Social Media Marketing Role in Lead Generation
- SMM: Advantages and Challenges
- Social Media Marketing vs. Community Management: Differences and Use Cases
- Case Study of Starbucks Social Media Marketing
- Advantages and Challenges of Targeted Marketing With Facebook Ads
- History of Social Media Marketing: The Most Noteworthy Successes
- Text vs. Image vs. Video in Social Media Campaigns
- The Emerging Data-Driven Social Media Marketing Strategies
- SMM Tools: Analysis of Buffer
- Instagram Reels Importance in New Product Promotion
Consumer Behavior Research Topics
If you’re interested in consumer behavior and the purchasing decision-making process, you’ll find the following topics interesting.
- The Most Noteworthy Consumer Behavior Changes When Shopping Trendy vs. Mainstream Products
- Analysis of Modern Consumer Behavior: Is it Rational or Irrational?
- How to Measure the Purchase Intention
- How to Forecast New Product Adoption Rates
- The Major Types of Online Consumer Behavior
- The Commonly Used Methods for Predicting Consumer Behavior
- The Factors of Purchase Intention
- Should All Online Shops Offer Consumer Anonymity? Why?
- Purchase Intention: Color-emotion Associations
- The Most Effective Methods for Customer Retention
Choosing the right topic for your research is not always as easy as it may seem. These 100 marketing research topics are here to make the entire process easier for you. Don’t forget to acknowledge your research paper requirements when you are choosing the topic. Picking a well-researched topic that you are personally interested in is the best thing to do. If it is impossible to complete your assignment before the deadline, EduBirdie’s professional writers are here to help you out.