Political Science research papers can easily become overly complex and weak if there are too many ideas scattered across assignment. In order to remedy such situation, choose suitable political science research topics that not only meet initial requirements, but suit author’s personal interest and skills. It should be noted that such assignments are written by Law students, educators, sociologists, or philosophers.
At EduBirdie, we offer professional research paper for sale service, providing direct contact with assigned writer and plagiarism-free work. With expert checking of grammar, structure, formatting, 24/7 online support, as well as academic sources inclusion, excellent results are guaranteed.
5 Do’s & 5 Don’ts of Political Papers
Things that are important for any political science research paper:
- Always make sure that opposite opinion or counter argument paragraph is included before conclusion part.
- Backup provided facts with reliable academic sources.
- Turn to statistics & data to support provided ideas.
- Research related literature & similar projects.
- Adhere to one idea - one paragraph rule.
Things that you should avoid while completing a research paper for political science class:
- Addressing sensitive subjects, do not use harsh tone.
- Unless working with personal reflection, avoid portrayal of only one side of an issue.
- Stay neutral when talking of political parties. In such way, it allows seeing benefits & flaws of each actor on his or her own.
- Do not use extensive quoting unless absolutely necessary.
- Avoid colloquial language along with slang term elements.
100 Political Science Research Topics
Political Science Research Topics on Comparative Politics
This study field focuses on empirical approach, including comparative methods. Practical examples may include domestic politics, institutions analysis, and diverse conflicts related to domestic or international issues. When choosing such topic, it’s necessary to focus not on study object per se, but on method that is implemented for particular political science issue analysis. Examples can be two parties politics comparison, check some research topics:
- Behavioural Approach to Parties Comparison
- United States vs the United Kingdom Foreign Policies
- Presidential versus Parliamentary Democracy
- Cultural Pressure Between the United States & Japan
- Anglo-Saxon Traits in American Government
- Soviet Union Ideology
- Apartheid Phenomenon
- Chinese Communist Party Hierarchy
- Vietnam War Interests Aggregation
- Recruitment in Developing Countries
International Relations Political Science Research Topics
Quoting Hans Morgenthau, one can assume that international politics deal with power balance between actors in the international arena. All these struggle involved, filled with conflicts, negotiations, along with controversies take minds of scientists all over the world as they try their best to achieve peaceful resolution of occurring issues. From human rights, global poverty to global ethics, globalization, environmental issues, and security. Here are research topic examples:
- International Monetary Fund Structure
- Amnesty International Controversies
- Human Rights in Uganda
- Global Poverty Causes
- Syrian Conflict Cause-Effect
- Arctic Circle Power Battles
- Non-State Actors in Japan Corporations
- NGO Ethical Guidelines
- GM Foods Market Distribution
- Global Security Networks Analysis
Read also: Hire a professional research paper writer and receive a plagiarism-free paper.
Political Science Philosophy Research Topics
This science branch deals with fundamental state legislation aspects, government, liberty, democracy, justice, and legal code mechanics as issued by authority. Most political science essay topics dealing with this subject speak about how society should be set up, what ethics should be applied. There are many political topics to write about. Here are practical topic examples:
- Existentialism Through Western Constitutional Law Lens
- American Revolution Causes
- German Philosophy & Karl Schmidt Theses
- Civil Republicanism in Contrast With Liberalism
- Neopatrimonialism Society Risks
- Post-Socialist Transition Methods
- Liberal Democracy Justification
- Mutual Tolerance Approach as Modern Political Virtue
- Republican Traditions in Education
- Election Ethics
Political Science Research Topics on Public Administration
This science studies daily functions performed by governmental structures, public administrators work, and various agencies implementation that administer functioning of laws, regulations, as well as introduced policies. Also, many subjects deal with Sociology. Our experts offer such research topics:
- Governmental Efforts Coordination
- Innovations in Private Sector in the United States
- Community Development Methods
- Environmental Management Compromises
- John Rohr Constitutional Vision
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Analysis
- Optimal Benefits to Public Safety
- Nonprofit organizations Ethics
- Strategic Planning in Fiscal Management
- Transportation Security Administration Careers
Political Science Research Topics on Public Law
It is part of law that studies relationships between state and public members. In terms of challenges, it covers broad range of topics from administrative law, constitution, taxes, and criminal legislation among others. It should not be confused with Private Law that deals with families, small groups, private businesses where economics and more personal issues are considered. Public Law deals with administrative authority in relation to citizens. As an example, when certain decision is questioned, individual society member can ask for plea or review analysis by state authority. Even if it sounds too complex, here are interesting political science research questions samples to inspire you for a great research topic:
- Judicial Review Argumentation Analysis
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Public Safety Statutes Judicial Interpretation
- Famous Legislators in European Legal History
- Criminal Law & Common Morality
- Civil Liberties & National Security Complaints
- Privacy Law - Commercial Exploitation?
- Gender Bias Psychology in Custody Battles
- Socio-Economic Preferences in Police Interrogation
- Post-Conflict Justice Inequality
Political Science Research Topics
What we have here is analysis and an in-depth study of processes that relate to politics. A scientist can approach certain event and study cause-and-effect of an issue, study political leader personality or write reflection essay about police officers behavior that have bias towards African American teenagers or those that wear a hood. It does cover sensitive topics, yet what makes it unique is scientific approach along with paper structure. Political science research paper topics should be researchable and include sufficient amount of academic sources. Here are some topics to consider:
- Differences Between Political & Armed Conflicts
- Implementing Urgent Changes in Legislation Process
- Is Pardoning Criminals Acceptable?
- Top Tier Officials Prosecution Ethics
- European & American Federal Crimes Comparison
- Should Religion be Approached as Social Power?
- Federalism Traces in Unitary Governance Model
- Corruption Elimination Methods
- Post War-Time Social Movements
- Modern Leaders Global Interdependence
Political Theorists Research Topics
As with any scientific field, theorists works take honorary place, especially when student should complete dissertation and include extensive literature review. To make matters easier, it is recommended by most college professors in the United States to examine works and political science theorists legacy. While such paper may not provide answers to global issues. Moreover, students can also choose comparative politics research questions by comparing several important personalities. Check this research topic ideas:
- Aristotle Philosophy on Governance
- John Austin Theory
- Frederic Bastiat Theses
- Edmund Burke Classic Theories
- The Republic by Plato Analysis
- Liberty & Justice Challenges
- Anarchism History Key Figures
- Vladimir Lenin & Communism Approach
- Jean Bodin on Sovereignty
- Foucault's Disciplinary Power
Political Conflicts Research Topics
Ranging from economic battles and elections to interests of each country in natural resources, most American senior college professors in different disciplines advice choosing social issues topics. Just look at countries that are in the middle of conflicts and focus on causes & effects at each stage. Here are several research topic examples:
- Civil War Causes & Peculiarities
- Social Networks & Protest Movements
- Syrian Government Repression
- Afghanistan Conflict
- Ukraine Divided - Political Powers at Play
- Mexico & Immigrants Crisis
- Yemen Conflict Resolution Methods
- Reagan's Political Agenda
- War Crimes Legacy: Iraq War
- Central African Republic Rebellion Causes
Political Science Research Topics on Conflict Resolution
It studies peaceful resolution methods of conflicting issues that vary from custody battles, gender bias in the workplace, and up to international conflicts with several countries involved. Most conflicts relate to social studies project topics because there is always socio-cultural argumentation to start with. Each conflict should be analyzed by offering background, methodology, clear structure, and strong thesis. Here are interesting topics for brainstorming:
- Post-War Countries Conflicts Art Legacy
- African-American Prisoners Conflicts
- United States Foreign Policy
- Arctica Power Distribution
- Post 9/11 Security Leadership Conflicts
- Iran Oil Conflict
- Afghanistan Collaboration Methods
- Compromise Between Right- & Left-wing Parties
- Political Leaders & Their Personal Ambitions
- News Coverage Media Bias
Read also: When is it better to pay someone to write my paper for cheap?
Political Science Research Topics on Mediation & Negotiation
While negotiation deals with finding suitable compromise or conditions in a process, mediation stands for intervention in certain dispute with an aim to resolve it. It can be compared to arbitration, yet with involvement of good third party that is impartial. Topics also relate to conflicts and elections often covered by media.
- War Time Negotiation Methods
- Transnational Corporation Legal Disputes
- Elections Agenda Analysis (any example)
- Hostages in Foreign Countries Negotiation
- Volunteering & Social Movements
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods
- Mediation Hearing Preparation Process
- Mediation Agreement Case Study Analysis
- Civil Law Court versus Mediation Policies
- American Modern Whistleblowers
Professional & Urgent Writing Help
Choose EduBirdie, when need help with research paper from writers who are native speakers with Masters or PhD degrees in relevant disciplines (for example, in law essay writing), including political science. Staying in direct contact with writer, it is easy to make adjustments and corrections. Offering help from topic selection, finding of sources to research proposal help service, we pride ourselves as reliable service that handles even most urgent tasks in any subject. With affordable prices and plagiarism-free work, there’s no risk involved. Just sign up and receive your own custom paper!