According to statistics, criminal justice takes honorary second place after general Law assignments in terms of assignment difficulty. Just like Healthcare and Nursing, this type of writing requires definite accuracy and sufficient sources that support ideas and arguments. Since first task is to find reliable criminal justice research topics, it puts students in challenging situation where most topics are either too broad or too narrow.
At EduBirdie, our expert writers came up with extensive list of 120 criminal justice ideas that will help you choose destination for future assignment paper. From list of basic criminal justice topics to international law, our experts can help you with any writing task, offering plagiarism free and timely, custom papers.
What is Criminal Justice Research Paper?
As name implies, criminal justice writing assignments deal with crime and justice. While your field of study may be limited to certain choices and academic barriers, it does not mean that social or ethical aspects are not relevant. Generally criminal justice is science that learns how to prevent, study, analyze occurrence of illegal acts.
From legislation rules to court studies, it aims to maintain peaceful existence of civil population. A very important aspect that should be noted when choosing good criminal justice research topics is that legislation differs from state to state, let alone from country to country, thus, it is essential to backup international case studies and conflicts with reliable sources.
Most college students that deal with law assignments have to write either article reviews or problem solutions topics that analyze existing challenge and offer most efficient resolution.
From good thesis statement for research paper to formatting structure, college professors want to see 50/50 mixture of scientific information that is already known and personal contribution. This is primary reason why each argumentative paragraph should be supported with sufficient amount of sources to avoid plagiarism risks. Even when personal investigation or research is done, one should support implemented analysis methods with academic journals that refer to similar subject.
How to Choose a Good Research Topic Rules
Even if your task is to do literature review or critique law enforcement officer’s actions, one should always focus on definite issue. If ideas are scattered across paper, it does not make thesis statement clear. Criminology topics are both flexible and limited because they should offer hypothesis, based on famous legislative acts or case studies. Like career goals essay writing, author should sound confident, therefore, select something that you are confident in, subject that can be defended with vocal arguments or presentation project. If it sounds credible, audience will definitely continue reading.
When brainstorming good ideas, ask such criminal justice research questions:
- Is criminal justice research topic good enough in terms of relevance?
- Why is it important in personal terms?
- What significance does research topic idea have in global importance?
- Can written assignment be turned to speech?
- Is it comparison essay, review, analysis or argumentative paper?
- What are popular counter opinions?
- Are there any similar research works available?
- Does topic meet all grading rubric points?
- Should additional information be included?
Once good criminal justice research topic is chosen, it is crucial to make sure that formatting rules include all additional data like in court case studies and law memo reviews that should contain notes and appendix additions. For example, Chicago format style has to include full information, therefore, it is necessary to see if it is available. If you struggle with finding of academic sources, message our 24/7 best law essay writing service - EduBirdie.
Before proceeding with diverse criminology topic ideas, it is important to understand differences between theoretical part and crime research assignments. While theory may turn to legislation and shouldn’t include practical cases or references in history, case study or court hearings analysis have to focus on particular event(s). Now when university professor mentions justice system flaws and changes, one can turn both to chronology and famous legal cases as it will be seen in ideas listed below. It should be analysis of what should be included in legislative government template and then compare case or an event to aforementioned example.
Disciplines in Law & Crime focus on illegal acts from Internet fraud to kidnapping and scientific plagiarism. As one can see, there are numerous criminal justice research topics, depending on type. What makes choosing confusing for most students are format differences between legal essay types. When choosing Healthcare, it is recommended to address ethical issues, while Cyberstalking should turn to comparison work by comparing classic stalking practices.
Avoid mixing several criminal justice research topic ideas, also try to narrow it down by choosing one strong argument. It will not only adjust to your discipline, but will make written assignment original, as well as structured.
Read also: "Where can I pay someone to write paper for an affordable price?"
120 Criminal Justice Research Topics for an A Grade
This section contains ideas for criminal justice research paper topics on how judicial system works in practice. It can be compared to inner investigation where each mechanism is analyzed and evaluated for cons & pros. From specific crimes of police officer brutality cases to social services work, it should identify problem for an interesting thesis statement. Below are most relevant topics in criminal justice, sorted by study field:
Controversial Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Capital Punishment Ethics
- Mental Hospitals & Law Code
- Sniffer Dog Practice
- Eyewitness Evidence Importance
- Medical Marijuana - A Leak?
- Police Officer Limited Rights
- African Americans Bias in Investigation
- Modern Music Culture & Crimes Propaganda
- Legal Code in Various American States
- College Violence Causes
Basic Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Criminal Ethics History
- Private Prisons Benefits
- War Crimes versus Civil Crimes
- Religious Offenses & Cultural Traits
- Domestic Violence
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Criminal Justice Court Procedure
- Crime Prevention in Schools & Colleges
- Workplace Harassment
- Gender Bias in Legal Investigations
General Criminology Research Topics
- Incarcerated Parents Responsibilities
- Criminal Justice Reform Changes
- How Can Economic Crimes Be Reduced?
- Gun Control Debate
- Juvenile Detention Criminal Process
- Human Trafficking Combat Methods
- Organized Crime versus Single Cases
- Power Abuse Among Police Officers Analysis
- Can Stricter Laws Make Gun Possession Safer?
- Arizona Criminal Justice Laws
Criminal Justice Research Topics on Racism & Discrimination
- Racial Prejudice Among Prisoners in America
- African American Legislative Apartheid
- Topic on Punishment & Slavery History
- Famous African American Prisoners
- Discrimination in Negotiation Processes
- Gender Bias in Eyewitnesses
- Racial Conflicts in College Campuses
- Immigrants & Crime Rate Rise
- Fashion Culture & Police Officers
- Rap Music & Cause-and-Effect Behavior
Criminology Research Topics
- Armed Crime Groups History Motives
- Cyber Criminology Correction Methods
- Art Fraud Cooperation
- Drunk Driving Prevention Ads
- Identity Theft & Social Media
- Topic on Child Abuse & TV Violence
- Aggression Against Homeless People
- Unemployment & Street Situation Analysis
- Forensic Research Identification Methods
- Crime Witnesses PTSD Rehabilitation
Criminal Law Research Topics
- False Confessions Analysis
- Is it Possible to Remain Neutral in Mental Disorder Cases?
- Double Jeopardy Alternate Research Methods
- Cyberstalking Legislation
- Jailhouse Informants Limitations
- Witnesses Programmes
- Sensitive Information Protection
- National Security Laws
- Animal Cruelty Punishment Methods
- 19th Century Legislation Topic
International Criminal Law Research Topics
- NATO Ethics in Iraq & Afghanistan
- Human Rights Violations in Uganda
- When is International Intervention Acceptable?
- International Criminal Court Appeal Process
- International Tribunal Analysis
- Transnational Crimes by XYZ Corporation
- Police Cooperation & Information Accessibility
- Drug Traffic Tracking Methods
- Child Soldiers in Israel-Palestine Conflict
- Current International Offenders
Criminal Justice Research Topics on Society & Justice
- Social Control Theory
- Social Learning Methods
- After Prison Life & Rehabilitation
- Immigration & Social Offenses
- Feminism & Aggression
- Child Abduction Case Similarities
- Eyewitness Memory Evaluation
- Music Piracy Topic
- Restorative Justice Process
- Shoplifting Precautions
Research in Criminal Justice System
- Stress Management Among Police Officers
- Interrogation Process Recording
- Transitional Justice in Practice
- White-Collar Crime Identification
- Power Abuse in Criminal Justice System
- Sentencing Disparities Challenges
- Reform versus Punishment
- Topic on Prison Labor Ethics
- Child Protective Services
- Probation & Parole Legal Flaws
Criminology Research & Measurement
- Justice Comparison Definitions
- Global Criminality Causes
- Jury Selection Process
- Judicial Authority Abuse
- Wrongful Conviction Research Cases
- Civilian Review Boards Policy
- Internet Piracy Differences
- Honesty Among Attorneys
- Death Penalty Debate
- Imprisonment Psychological Effect
Criminal Justice Research Topics in Types of Crime
- Financial Crimes in Asia
- Healthcare Frauds
- Political Corruption
- Gang Culture
- Political Prisoners & Ethical Crimes
- Environmental Irresponsibility (Hurricane Katrina)
- Drunk Driving
- Media Offenses
- Transnational Corporations Crime History
Criminal Justice Research Topics about Court Cases
- Court Case Notation Rules
- Rodney King Legacy
- Los Angeles Riots
- Susan Wright Trial
- Aaron Henandez Case
- United States v. Nixon
- Brown v. Board Education
- International Court Justice
- New York Times Co v. Sullivan
- Marbury v. Madison Case
For sure, these are far from all criminal justice research topic ideas that can be suggested by our professional writers with template examples and guides that will meet even most complex criminological assignment types. Remember that criminal justice research paper topics should be within ethical norms. Even if writing about controversial ideas, do best to remain sensitive and respectful!
Why EduBirdie Writing Service is Safe & Reliable
What makes EduBirdie academic online help unique is inclusion of research paper editing services, which ensures elimination of minor grammar problems that often ruin final grade. Do not let it happen to you and get points off for an otherwise good paper! Choose an expert writer, based on subject, credentials, or user reviews and start by choosing an appropriate criminal justice research topic together!
With due affordability, urgent delivery, and wide range of subjects, one can feel absolutely safe when trusting your academic issues to our team. From proposal writing services to annotated bibliography, one receives 100% plagiarism free work as every paper is written from scratch by native English speakers experts with no less than Masters and PhD degrees. Do not wait any longer, ask questions that concern you, choose essay type, set deadline, find suitable writer, sit back, and step into success!