When it comes to legal papers, one must be aware that they differ from country to country. While all law research paper topics practically come down to the same thing, numerous historical and cultural peculiarities are to be considered each time.
Choosing the best law topics can sometimes be challenging, and here’s when a law essay writing service may come in handy. These topics cover all the legal issues that get resolved in court, and when you wish to tackle them, you should pay attention to choose the right ones.
Since they’re delicate, choosing the right one is important because you have to answer law essay questions properly. There isn’t much space for philosophy here. After all, what’s written in the law are just pure black and white facts; there are no gray areas.
❓ What Is a Law Research Paper?
This type of research paper comes with a legal research topic that is always particular. This paper has a limited number of pages which is also limited by time (there’s always a date when the paper is due). However, you are never limited by the country or the historical period.
There are actually about 21 fields of law to concentrate your research on. From constitutional and criminal to environmental and animal law — every student might find the sphere she/he is mostly interested in.
Legal writing requires each student to analyze fact patterns and support their arguments. This skill is essential for the majority of legal positions, as in the future work you might need to research legal questions, analyze different legal precedents, as well as present an answer in a form of memo and be able to properly cite all the sources used and referred.
Research papers have been involved to encourage students to discuss the changes different countries’ laws have gone through in time. Here, profound research and picking the right topic are the things that matter in the first place.
How to Select a Good Topic?
A good law research paper topic should have the following traits:
- The topic should be not too narrow though not too broad;
- It should deal with relevant legal precedents;
- Has available materials online or in local libraries;
- The topic is catchy and relevant for modern law;
- You can answer all the essay questions;
- Pay attention to who your audience is;
- Use real-life cases to illustrate your points;
⚖️ List of 100 Law Research Paper Topics
Here’s a list of 30 creative legal research topics:
- Key Goals of the Constitution of the United States
- Overview of the Evolution of the Roman Law
- The Counter Effect of 'The Prohibition'
- Strengths of the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution
- Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights: Controversial Points
- The Need for a Uniform Civil Code in India
- Key Triggers of The Birmingham Prison Riot of 2016
- Justices of the Supreme Court - Politicians in Disguise
- The Path of the United States Constitution
- Non-Democratic Aspects of the American Constitution
- Injustice in the Justice System
- Racial Discrimination in the Judicial System
- Invalidity of the 8th Amendment in Supreme Court Cases
- Intellectual Property and Its Protection
- The Scale of Social Changes in America in the 1920s
- The Amendment Process of the Indian Constitution
- The Problem of the Intersection of Race and Gender in the American Prison System
- The Second Amendment to US Constitution: Pros and Cons of Having Guns
- Mapping the Worldview Transformation in the US Constitution
- Reflections on What Makes America Great
- Ancient Crime and Law Codes
- Pros and Cons of Partisan Election of Judges
- Critical Analysis of Juvenile Justice Cases
- The Importance of Intellectual Property Protection
- Wondering if the Second Amendment Still Exists
- Reflections on the Existence of Rules in Today's Society
- Analysis of the Prison Justice Reform Act
- Fulfillment of the Preamble of the United States Constitution
- The Role of Drug and Alcohol Treatment Specialists Within the Prison System
- The Affect of Power and Political Factors on Costco's Business
Essay Examples Relevant to Law
💰 Business Law Topics for Research Paper
- Business Law: Legislation Common Law And Conventions
- Business Law: The Basics Of Business Contracts And Agreements
- Sources Of Business Law In England
- Legal Environment of Business Law: Analysis of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights
- How crucial is the constitution for the creation of business law
- Business laws and the parliament
- The formulation of business regulations in Islam
- Business laws in Africa
- Equity and the doctrines of business law
📖 Constitutional Law Research Paper Topics
- The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution and Racial Discrimination
- Analysis of the Significance of the 27th Amendment to the United States Constitution
- Necessity to End Life Tenure of Supreme Court Judges
- The Functions of the Australian Constitution
- A Nation Of Compromise: The Magna Carta And The Constitution
- The History Of British Constitution
- The Colonial Prerequisites Of British Constitution
Essay Examples Relevant to Constitutional Law
📜 Criminal Law Essay Topics
- Diminished Responsibility Within Scots Criminal Law
- Comparative Analysis of Civil Law and Criminal Law
- Key Categories of Remedies Available
- Argumentation of the Need to Amend Article 54 of the Code of Criminal Procedure of 1898
- Failure Of The Criminal Law To Fairly And Effectively Address Juvenile Crime
- Criminal Law Formative Essay: Case Study of Verbal Abuse
- The Secrets of Criminal Defense Lawyer
- A new branch on the rise - Feminist Criminology
- The roots of criminologists’ work and their work in modern times
- Different types of crime, education, and intelligence
Essay Examples Relevant to Criminal Law
💻 Cyber Law Paper Topics
- Cyber Crime, Security & Human Psychology: Internet Addiction, Literacy on Cyber Crime and Security
- Emergence of Need for Legislations and Policies for Safeguarding Women Against Cyber Crime
- Impact of Jurisdiction on Cybercrime Prosecution
- Cybercrime and cyberterrorism
- How can the government impact cyberterrorism?
- What are the main points of cyber laws?
- What are the skills of an excellent cyber lawyer?
- Cybersecurity - is there enough awareness about it?
- The penalties in cybercrime
- Is it the government’s job to analyze the flow of network traffic?
Essay Examples Relevant to Cyber Law
📕 Law Enforcement Paper Topics
- Overview of the Pros and Cons of Body Cameras
- System of Violence Against Coloreds
- Police Brutality and Riots in Los Angeles
- The Broken Windows Theory in the Context of Social Problems in Bangladesh
- George Walker Bush's Radical Decisions Regarding the Islamic World
- Benefits of Using Body Cameras by Police Officers
- Solutions To Reduce Gun Violence
- The Need for Toughest Gun Laws in America
- Should Police Officers Wear Body Cameras? Essay
- The Rodney King Case as a Prime Example of Police Brutality
Essay Examples Relevant to Law Enforcement
🌐 International Law Topics for Research
- Public International Law Versus Natural Law: Analytical Essay
- Drones Should Be Banned by International Law
- The Influence of Transnational Policing on Organized Crime and Its Development
- The Infringement Of International Law, Political Climate And Its Impact On Muslim Women
- European Personal and Family Law: Foreign Surrogacy
- Does the law regulate the refusal of medical treatment in the same way across countries?
- International law - why should people respect it?
- Traditional justification - issues
- International morality - why do diplomats protect it?
- Ethical systems and international relations
Essay Examples Relevant to International Law
Drunk Driving Topic Ideas
- Critical Analysis of the Harmfulness of Drunk Driving Behavior
- Effect and Consequences of Drunk Driving: Analytical Essay
- Legal Consequences of Drunk Driving: Analytical Essay
- Arguments against Drunk Driving: Opinion Essay
- Severity of Problems with Drunk Driving and Ways to Solve Them: Analytical Essay
♻️ Environmental Law Topics for a Research
- Potential Impact of Company, Employment and Contract Law on a Business: Analytical Essay
- Case Study of Kellogg: Analysis of Micro and Macro Environment, Strategic Management Plan
- Stakeholders In Sustainable Business Transformation
- Will the Uber industry impact the ecology in America?
- The current environmental regulations in the United States
Essay Examples Relevant to Environmental Law
Let’s start writing!
Don’t hesitate to get inspiration from our list of criminal justice research topics and come up with the most relevant and engaging one right for you. If you still have concerns about how to start your essay, contact our friendly customer support to get all the details.