Most college and university students across the United States find history assignments way too challenging or even uninteresting. It happens because one has to brainstorm diverse subjects and look through countless lengthy books. Yet, what many fail to consider is finding good history research paper topics that would be both interesting and unique. When correctly chosen assignment topic inspires its author, it automatically becomes interesting for target audience, increasing chances of assignment to receive better grades.
From Economics and Political Science to History & Anthropology, good research paper should include verified sources and correct information. Turning to professional writers at EduBirdie, every student will easily find excellent history research topics ideas and receive all kinds of professional writing help.
Which Research Topic is Considered Good
Defining good history research topic may be challenging when approached without prior outline and topic analysis by novice college students. It makes sense when working with large history projects that involve discussion and arguments. Once applicable topic is found, it should include strong thesis statement or an argument that reveals author’s intention and main idea. Remember that you can always use our thesis statement generator for research paper or turn directly to one of our writing experts when unsure about what kind of an argument should be made in relation to chosen subject.
With an endless amount of diverse topics existing, good idea search should start with the following:
- Topic is relevant, has clear statement
- Vague arguments are avoided, thus allowing author to focus on specific event or issues
- Prior literature along with facts are checked and supported by sources
- Chronology is included if historic events are mentioned
- Outline with thesis statement & structure
- One idea - one paragraph rule helps define key ideas, connecting them to thesis statement
In most cases, working on research paper, it is necessary to ensure that writing style is either reflective, analytical, argumentative or comparative. It is important because most college professors want to see personal input.
Choosing Relevant Topic for Research Writing
Unless student is already presented with certain history research paper topics, he or she is left with almost no time until deadline and challenges of narrowing down grand ideas to what fits within word count and research paper rules. This is where choosing relevant bits of information makes it crucial before outline is composed. Since majority of good research assignments include 3-5 body paragraphs, start by checking whether you may find at least 5 key ideas to write about when looking through existing ideas. An example, when writing about Pearl Harbor, key rule is to outline thesis statement, proceed with arguments or assumptions that constitute body paragraphs.
Most difficult, yet still important part is narrowing down vague ideas to ensure that information presented is not scattered all overwritten assignment. In order to avoid trouble, always divide topics into several sections. When choosing Ancient Egypt, it is most likely that task is to write about something specific. Good paper will always make it clear in Introduction, but even then, one should use topic sentences that help reader to be aware of main ideas.
For example, if it is immortality paradigm, paragraph should start with a sentence like “Immortality in Ancient Egypt played not only religious role, but also controlled social status of each ruler…”
This way, audience knows that author focuses on symbolic significance and importance of chosen idea. Later on, one may use “Immortality & Religion” or “Immortality in Social Relationships” to specify areas of research. This way paper remains structure, also has logical transition between paragraphs.
Unique History Research Topics Tips
If you want hard work pay off with success and good grades, make sure that you do not limit yourself to what is most popular and easy. Do your best to choose something unique, an inspiring topic that you can relate to because if you do not feel motivated, your audience will feel the same way, too. It is no secret that history work may be time-consuming and impossible to complete with chronology and key figures involved, yet these simple tips will help you make it fun.
Brainstorm existing research topics. What it means is that you should look through at least twenty different topics, then take some rest and come back to it again to see what inspires you the most. Likewise, if you have some ideas or need unique U.S. history research paper topics, send a message to our writing experts and we will do our best to expand on it.
Do prior research of chosen subject. Once settling on good ideas, always continue with searching to make sure that you can find enough information and sources to support crucial facts and ideas. Remember that correct citation helps to avoid plagiarism.
Work out several thesis statements in advance. Since this is what will make the heart of any written assignment, come up with different variations of thesis as it will be easier to adjust it later when you have body paragraphs ready.
Find reliable sources. As you have list of sources ready, ensure that they come from reliable resources or checked by your college professor, if required. Likewise, accurate formatting style is essential for good grades.
Start with outline. Such approach allows keeping information logically, also structured. In most cases, it should include Introduction with Thesis Statement, 3-5 Body Paragraphs, one of which is counter argument or opposite opinion, finish with Conclusion.
100 History Research Paper Topics
For your convenience, topics are sorted by relevant categories. Remember that you’ll receive professional research papers writing help from EduBirdie that will cover any chosen subject or complexity level. From APUSH research paper topics to important figures in U.S. battles campaigns, let experts work and meet even most urgent deadlines!
- Symbolism in Ancient Egypt
- From Assyria to Byzantium: Study of Power in Empires
- Women Role in Prehistoric Britain
- Responsibilities Distribution in Iron Age
- Sumerian Culture and Traditions
- Near Eastern Civilizations Analysis
- Water Sources Value for Central Anatolia
- Religion and Prophets
- Palestine History
- Death and Immortality in Ancient Egypt
- Evolving Role of NATO for World Community
- Globalization Negative Role
- U.S. Involvement in Afghanistan
- Patriot Act Analysis
- From Ground Zero: Rebuilding United States
- Great Recession
- Social Inequality Reasons
- Chernobyl Explosion
- Reasons for Syrian Conflict
- Cultural Changes in Modern World
U.S. Civil War
- Abraham Lincoln's Assassination
- What Lies Behind Alabama Claims
- History Before 1877: Cause & Effect
- Atlanta Campaign Key Figures
- Battle of Chancellorsville
- Civil War and Its Legacy
- Confederate Monuments in the United States
- Homestead Act
- Civil War Facts and Controversies
- Mary Chestnut Personality
World History Research Paper Topics
- Mexican-American War
- Religion and Crusades
- Causes of Thirty Years War
- Use of Weapons in Ancient Civilizations
- Bridal Ceremonies in Ancient Rome
- Apartheid Impact
- South America Colonization
- Social Relationships in Medieval Europe
- Cold War Aftershocks
- Britain and Spain in Battle of the Seas
- Military Innovations Between World War I and World War II
- Europe Nationalistic Trends
- Gender bias in England of 17th century
- Empiricism Rise in Europe
- Catholic Church and Witch Hunts
- Western Theories Propaganda
- French Revolution: Force Distribution
- Women Civil Rights in 18th century France
- Mid-Tudor Crises Analysis
- 19th century Europe Literacy
World War II
- American Reaction on Holocaust
- Role of Women in World War II
- Arnhem Battle
- Attu battle
- Strategy in Battle of Kursk
- Japanese Americans in WWII
- Pearl Harbor Legacy
- Economic Cause in Second World War
- Civilians Role in Strategic Battles
- Anne Frank's Diary
African American History Research Paper Topics
- 14th Amendment
- Abolitionist Movement
- Angela Davis
- Black Codes
- Black History Month Origin
- African American Women in Art and Literature
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Dr. Martin Luther King
- RFK Speech
- Black History Legends and Cultural Traits
United States History
- Declaration of Independence 1776
- United States and Slavery
- Emancipation Proclamation of 1863
- Civil War Causes
- Interwar Period Analysis
- Native American Cultural Impact
- Ethics and Vietnam War
- Industrialization Effects on American Social Movements
- American South Religious Practices
- Revolutionary War Personalities
American Revolution Battles & Key Events
- Bunker Hill Battle
- Camden Battle
- Alexander Hamilton's Role
- Long Island Battle
- Saratoga Battle
- Boston Tea Party
- Charles Cornwallis
- Benedict Arnold
- Trenton and Princeton Battles
- Townshend Acts Analysis
20th Century History Topics
- Reasons Behind Dictatorship
- Economic Depression Causes
- Nuclear Age Cause and Effect
- Russian Revolution and Labor Class
- Organized Crime in American Society (1920s)
- Veterans Day History
- McKinley Role for American Imperialism
- Chicano Movement Impact
- Democratic Movements Uprising
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki Events
Of course, these are far not all existing topics, there are many more. Get in touch with our professional essay writing or ideas help, you’ll receive more history research paper topics for college students adjusted in accordance with your personal preferences.
Professional & Reliable Research Assistance Made Affordable
We all have been through times when college professors decreased grades for wrong use of chronology or sources that are not academic for otherwise excellent work. It may even be worse when incorrect citation or extra spaces simply ruined all your efforts, which transformed history research into nightmare. An only solution is turning to experts that can help you ensure that final work is flawless. With years of experience in the market, EduBirdie prides itself as affordable and reliable online paper writing services that provide 100% plagiarism-free assignments as all the papers for college is written from scratch.
Choosing writer by subject, credentials, user reviews, works completed, you always remain in direct contact via private chat, which makes it easy to make adjustments if necessary. Each assignment also includes professional formatting, grammar, punctuation, structure check, which completely eliminates proofreading problems. With affordable prices, experienced writers, and 24/7 online support, you do not have to risk your academic future as we will help you nail down even most complex tasks.