Exploratory essays are some of the most tricky papers to write. This form of text is like nothing else – it is not quite an argumentative essay, but not an essay that contains opinions either. During education as a student, one may have to write an exploratory essay. It is important to understand structure and form of such a text so that to write it effectively.
Also, it is hugely important that you understand how to choose exploratory essay topics for this type of paper. It may be one of the most difficult processes of creating an exploratory essay as it covers a vast range of subjects – there is not really one single definitive topic. We understand this and may help as possess extensive knowledge of exploratory genre. In paragraphs below, we will explore this subject and share over 100 different essay topics.
The last part is the key point of an exploratory essay. It is meant to simply explore subject – not to give an opinion or draw any form of conclusion. For example, the topic is, “What is the prime age to start a family?” one should simply look at the subject. Explore different age brackets, find suitable data and information for each. You would not specifically state what age you thought was suitable.
How to Choose Suitable Topic
So how do you choose topics for exploratory paper? As we mentioned, a broad range of subject could qualify – you could choose practically anything. Obviously, this doesn't really help. There are several steps one should undertake to ensure suitable exploratory essay ideas were chosen:
1. Consider your college subject and assignment
First of all, one must obviously look at assignment instructions. There is no point choosing exploratory paper topics such as “What are the benefits of daily exercise” if your teacher has specifically asked for a piece on world politics. Look at the subject you have been given and use this to follow on with the next steps.
Sometimes teaches may simply provide you with an open assignment. Alternatively, they may choose a certain broad category such as health, sports or family. Ensure that you have read assignment carefully!
2. Choose broad category outline
If category has not been provided by teacher, this is the first step you should take. Start with a broader subject. This should be a common thing that has a plethora of relative information. Common issues that are spoken about in our day to day lives. The following are some examples of good exploratory essay topics:
- Family life
- Health or wellbeing
- Music or arts
As you see, these are wide subjects that could provide you with a multitude of potential titles. Select one topic that you are knowledgeable about, as well as comfortable with.
3. Look at common subjects within that broad category
After identifying a broad category, look at common subjects within it. What is usually discussed when people talk about this particular topic? Let’s say you have chosen technology – what subcategories could there be? The following are some examples:
- Artificial intelligence
- Social media
- Virtual reality
- Augmented reality
Now there are 7 potential exploratory essay ideas. This gives you a fantastic base to work from and further refine your choices with. Ann essay subject such as “What boundaries should kids be given when using the internet” will be suitable.
4. Narrow down chosen subjects - pick most relevant
After defining a range of sub-categories for your chosen subject, narrow them down. Look at each – choose one you are most comfortable with. You may, for example, be familiar with how internet works, but may not have much knowledge about virtual reality. Play to your strengths!
Also, choose a category that is most relevant. Look at news articles and media to see what is currently being spoken about. For example, social media is currently a hot topic – this is possible subject for discussion as well as information search.
5. Choose suitable title that promotes exploration of subject
Finally, settle on topic and its title. Consider the category you have chosen – such as social media. Think about title that you will be able to research easily or find enough information for exploratory essay. For example, there is much more available data about social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter. If you choose to concentrate on an obscure social media platform, you may struggle to flesh out your essay or compose enough valuable information.
If you are really struggling to choose a theme or topic, do not hesitate to gain help from professional writing service such as EduBirdie. Don’t suffer in silence – we know that exploratory essays are quite difficult!
Read also: Find out TOP 100 Evaluation Topics for your Essay!
120 Amazing Exploratory Essay Topics
Now that you got some useful tips, we will provide a host of good exploratory essay topics for your consideration. Choosing an exploratory essay theme might be difficult. If you use tips listed above, together with topic ideas below, your choice should be easier:
- The Concept Of Family Life Cycle
- Individual And Family Life Course And Development
- Family Development From The Victorian Era To Now
- Theme Of Family In The Novel, Life & Times And Song Of Solomon
- The Elements Of Successful Family
- The Role Of Gender In Family Life In The UK And Cross-Culturally
- Extended Family System Ans Its Peculiarities
- Are The Influences Of Social Media On Family Values All Bad?
- Family As An Ecological System For A Child
- Family Values And Norms
Exploratory Paper Topics in Technology
- The Shocking Effect of Technology on Child Development
- Multitasking Information Behavior And Information Task Switching: An Exploratory Study
- Electric Vehicle Lcd. Display Sytem Based On Can
- The Impact Of Technology On Car-buying Behaviour
- Features Of Work And Safety In Mechanical Engineering
- Fabrication Of Fuel Burner For Re-using Automobile Engine Oil
- Mechanical Engineering Career Research Paper
- The Use Of Hybrid Electric Vehicles For Military Purpose
- The Features Of Aerospace Propulsion
- The Role Of Intelligent Machines In People's Lives
Health or Wellbeing
- Impact Of Activism On Health And Wellbeing
- Public Health: Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Health And Wellbeing Community Assessment Of Indigenous Australians
- Justification of Health Promotion
- Effects Of Social Media On Our Wellbeing
- Social Work And Mental Health: Human Rights, Social Justice, And The Impact Of Public Policy
- Self Awareness And Mental Health
- The Understanding and Peculiarities of Health Promotion
- Definition Of Health and Health Promotion
- Understanding of Individual About Health Promotion And Being able to Organise and Participate in Health Promotion
Exploratory Essay for Sports
- Professional Sport, Health And Sports Law
- Stress and Self Confidence of Athletes and Non Athletes
- Mental and Psychological Benefits of Skydiving
- Sports and Money: Is Money Ruining European Football? Essay
- Psychology in Fencing: Analytical Essay
- Analysis of Yoga Mysticism: Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Hatha Pradipika
- The Importance Of Sports In Schools
- Sustainability In Sports And Fan Communication
- What Is Peculiar About Women In Sports?
- How Did The Development Of Sports Media Effect Women’s Sport?
- Investment Policy of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Opportunity Cost: Decision Making in Everyday Life
- Reasons Why Big Data are Relevant to Risk Management
- Analyzing Human Trafficking through Debt Bondage in India
- Affects of Fear on Your Investment Strategy
- Effects of Public Debt on Household Welfare in Kenya
- Full Leadership Development: Building the Vital Forces in Organizations
- Educational Leadership: The Case of Graduate Students In Mexico
- Business Integration of Offline and Online Retailing
- Risk Management Approach Used in Non-Financial Corporations
Topics for Exploratory Essays in Music or Arts
- The Importance Of Music Therapy Throughout Adolescents
- Effectiveness Of Music Therapy As A Form Of Treatment
- The Concept of Lies and Truth in Abstract Art
- Transcendence in Contemporary Abstract Art Practice
- The Impact Of Music Therapy On Emotional And Physical State
- Health Benefits Of Music Therapy For Child
- Pop Art: The Exchange of Consumerism and Culture
- Music Therapy As A Method Of Mental Health Support
- Impact of Colonialism on Contemporary African Art
- The Arts and Crafts Movement: From the Past to the Present
Major World Problems
- Contemporary Global Challenges
- Global Labor Rights: Problems And Solutions
- Representation of Challenges and Problems in Life in Nothing Gold Can Stay
- The Reasons For Overpopulation Issue In China
- United States in the 1950s: Major Achievements and Social Problems
- Globalization: The Process Of Uniting People Of The World
- Outcome of Violence in Society
- Negative Impacts Of Globalisation On Society
- Personal Privacy: Surveillance In The World
- Impact of International Trade on Economic Growth in the World: Analytical Essay
Modern Social Life
- The Concept Of Work Life Balance in Modern World
- Levels Of Happiness In The Modern World
- The Importance Of Electronics In Modern Life
- Different Ideas On Past Life And Life Today
- Life Chances Of Children in Modern Society
- The Peculiarities Of Modern Society Infrastructure
- Stress And Pressure In The Modern Society
- The Advantages Of Individualism In Modern Society
- The Rise Of Childhood Obesity In Modern Life
- Loneliness In The Modern World
Schooling and Education
- Essence and Definitions of Homeschooling
- Why Homeschooling Is Financially Better Than Traditional School
- Homeschooling Safer Than Public School
- Pros And Cons Of The Homeschooling Educational System
- The Benefits Of Public School Over Homeschooling
- Home Schooling And The Question Of Socialization
- Introduction to Society and Culture: Why We Choose Homeschooling in UK
- Advantages of Homeschooling in America
- Arguments for Home Schooling: Persuasive Essay
- Benefits of Homeschooling: Opinion Essay
Exploratory Essay Ideas for Entertainment
- Multitasking As Major Source Of Distraction
- The Phenomenon Of Ethics In The Entertainment And Media
- Is Child Behavior Influenced By Different Entertainment Systems?
- Major Forms of American Entertainment in the 1800s
- How Netflix has changed the way we watch TV Is cinema becoming less relevant due to internet?
- Is cinema becoming less relevant due to internet?
- The health hazards associated with watching pornography
- Theatre vs Film – which is more entertaining?
- Are actors overpaid?
- Are award ceremonies, such as The Oscars, scam?
Religion and Culture
- Linking Indian Mythology To Science
- Religious Culture And Women
- Religion And Culture In Wilson’s Play Joe Turner’s Come And Gone
- Culture Of China And Japan: Taoism And Shinto
- Japanese Culture: Religion, Healthcare And Gender Roles
- American Culture: Food, Religion And Film Industry
- The Relationship Of Music And Religion
- Society, Culture, Social Change And Religious Movement Theories
- Religion And The Museum
- Material Culture: Miracle In Religions
Miscellaneous Topics for Exploratory Essay
- An Exploratory Study On Importance Of Digital Education: Its Opportunity & Challenges
- Qualitative And Quantitative Research Methods
- Surveys And Experiments In Social Sciences
- Legal Research Methods And Their Features
- The Advantages Of Museum Applications
- Effectiveness Of Virtual Learning In Higher Education
- Development Of People Smuggling And Illegal Immigration Over Time
- The Relationship Between Spirituality And Science
- The Ability Of Students For Multitasking
- Homework: Pros And Cons
Read also: TOP Illustration Essay Ideas for College Students All Over the World
Have Great Topic but Have No Time?
Exploratory essays are meant to provide information, not to advise or persuade. To choose a good topic for an exploratory essay, you must understand how they work first. As the name would suggest, when creating such a paper, you must explore certain topic, question or point of view.
Exploratory essay ideas are hard to come by, but there is a fantastic range of topics you may choose from. It is important to select a strong topic for your paper. Without a subject that is packed full of potential and information, you may struggle to write a detailed piece of text. If you are still struggling to create a standout title, then you may always consider gaining help. Just give us a try!