Good thematic essay plays a part in any high-school and university environment in America. Thematic papers follow a strict format that makes it look challenging. So, knowing basic rules is useful for writing them. The purpose of this essay type is to make a point. If after initial review of your assignment guidelines you have any doubts, check out this article as it contains necessary information for thematic writing provided by our reliable essay writing service - you will not find a better way to answer your how to write my college essay request. Luckily for you, there is a simple solution to all your essay writing concerns - you can pay someone to write an essay in the safest and easiest possible way!
Definition of Thematic Essay
What is a thematic essay? It is a piece of writing that focuses on overarching theme from Social Studies Learning Standards. Such essay may concern Geography, History, Culture, Society, Civics, Government, Economics or Science. It has a clear focus, uses literary evidence and facts to back up your central theme. Thematic writing needs to be coherent, concise and compelling. It should engage the reader and display critical thinking skills. An essay needs to tie all paragraphs back to your theme and provide interesting information that can easily educate readers. Such papers require problem analysis, as well as, logical flow.
Read also: Main Rules about Illustration Essay Writing
Thematic Essay Topics for Students
Regents Examinations are pivotal for graduation. There is a multitude of assignments that can come up, so, one should be prepared. We’ve listed some thematic essay topics below to give an idea of your task that may come up. These should only be used for revision purposes but also are useful for understanding of thematic essay questions style.
Global regents thematic essay
- Historical impact of Simón Bolívar’s nationalist efforts.
- Choose one philosopher. Analyze how their ideas or beliefs changed one area or region.
- Discuss how two leaders changed society in which they lived.
- Identify one person who has changed global history. In what way?
- Choose one example from global history where a government tried to change society. What influence did it have, positive or negative?
Read Also: 100 Exploratory Essay Topics for Students, Who Want to be the Best
US history regents thematic essay
- Describe actions taken by United States presidents that have had a significant effect on United States foreign or domestic policies.
- Discuss the constitutional principles implemented by federal and state governments throughout United States history that have either protected or limited the rights of minority groups in American society.
- The movement of people, both voluntarily and involuntarily into and within the United States has had a significant impact on the nation. Analyze two major migration periods in American history. Mention results of this migration.
- What is the impact of enslaved persons during the Civil War on American society today?
- Discuss Eleanor Roosevelt’s influence on American society.
Geography thematic essay
- Analyze how humans change their environment.
- Impact of global warming on the world we live in today.
- Explain how two geographical obstacles were overcome by technology.
- Choose some geographic conditions. Show how they influenced social, political or economic history of any country or region.
- Choose two geographic features. Show how they either limited or promoted human interaction.
Human rights thematic essay
- Discuss human rights violations in US, its influence on society as a result.
- Explain reasons for conquest including reasons for it, how it was achieved and the impact it had.
- Belief systems, their impact on public opinion.
- Explain one incident of human rights violations and actions taken to end it.
- Discuss weapons of mass destruction. What influence do they have on society as a whole?
Political systems thematic essay
- Explain two political systems, how they changed the world.
- Analyze the end of apartheid and its impact on public opinion.
- What is the influence of communism on Vietnam today?
- Choose an individual who changed our world through a political system. Describes the impact it has today.
- Choose 1 example of political change and explain why government wanted to change, how they changed.
Science and technology thematic essay
- Discuss effect of nuclear power on mankind.
- Discuss the invention of printing press and its effects.
- Identify two scientific or technological advances that had a major impact on
- global history.
- What are positive impacts of space satellites on society?
- Choose two scientific advancements. Describe their positive influence on mankind today.
These topics provide general overview of question types that can come up in Regent Exams. They all ask to choose and review a certain topic concerning history, science or geography. Significant part of thematic essay writing is about describing or analyzing certain events.
Exploring Central Theme for Your Paper
If you're writing a thematic essay, there are a few simple tricks to follow to make sure your paper flows and the theme is consistent. You should always:
Brainstorm your ideas
Think about what you want to include. Any professional writer will do their reading before putting pen to paper. They know all details inside out from the very beginning. Having general thematic essay outline before you start writing is a huge benefit and help keep your focus.
Read Also: How to Write an Essay Fast: Ultimate Guide with Practical Examples
Define the issue
Examine the question, define exactly what is being asked before starting to write. Don't get sidetracked when reviewing it. Try to keep your reading, plus focus on your central issue. Make sure to constantly go back to reread the question. This can help with keeping the structure.
Have lots of references
Any thematic essay will need information backed up by relevant sources. You can include them to construct a well-thought-out, informative piece that showcases your knowledge. It will get you higher marks for sure.
Analysis, not summary
A thematic essay needs to go beyond summarizing a text. It needs to take what's been learned in a lesson and provide in-depth analysis. Simple rehashing material from your book won't engage. It won't be helpful for thorough analysis. You need to show that not only have you read the piece but that you understand it.
Each essay needs to flow, it should tie references together. The first paragraph should have a tangible link to all others. The introduction should come back around, be mentioned in conclusion. Discuss how it all ties together to make sense of the bigger picture. If it is such a hard task for you, then you can read our complete guide about writing a process analysis essay.
Following such process is an easy way to minimize panic when it comes to thematic essays.
Thematic Essay Outline Example
A thematic essay outline generally doesn’t vary too much in structure. Thematic essay format is usually the following:
Thesis Statement is the main message that will be conveyed throughout the whole essay. It should be two to three sentences and sum up your main topic.
Introduction should convey a general idea and open your discussion up for the next few paragraphs. Opening paragraph needs to set up the whole paper and should inform your reader on the topic they will discuss.
Paragraph 1 should introduce any references that will be used in your paper. It should discuss references and provide significant examples showing that the text is understood, which leads back to analyzing not summarizing. The first paragraph is key to setting up quality of a text. Any person marking it will know from this paragraph how good your writing is. So, drawing them in with excellent background and analysis is important here.
Paragraph 2 should link examples of work to your theme. Delve into the meaning of citations being mentioned. It should continue from paragraph one and show further knowledge on your topic while ensuring all references are consistent. Consistency can’t be mentioned enough when it comes to a good thematic essay.
Paragraph 3, 4. Depending on the length and requirements, these paragraphs should also provide great personal understanding of topic and show a thorough reading portfolio.
Thematic essay conclusion. Restate your thesis. Draw a well-informed takeaway for your reader to show that you have fully grasped main concept and have tied practical knowledge to researched work. Conclusions tie everything together but will not introduce new facts. All important information should be in the body paragraphs. Conclusion is merely summing everything up and reinforcing established arguments.
It’s also important to have a checklist for your papers. This checklist should include minor things to remember.
Firstly, include your name. This sounds so easy, but many students forget to put their name on a paper. What can be tricky when trying to get it back.
Secondly, remember about neat writing. When rushing writing can turn into illegible scribbles, which is a big factor in a deduction of marks.
Thirdly, proofread your text. Again, a simple idea but often can be forgotten when you hurry. Proofreading is key for handing in a well-put-together text.
Have Some Ideas But Still Need Help?
A thematic essay should always have strong introduction, main body, and conclusion. Outline structure always remains unchanged and should be approached the same way each time.
If you still struggle with writing or simply have no time, our service can offer you a helping hand. Edubirdie always provides affordable prices, and the process can be as collaborative or as individual as you like, also if you don't know that you've written your paper correctly, we can offer online essay editing. You’ll only pay for your paper when you are one hundred percent happy with it. Just message us now with request "help me write an essay" to get your thematic essay done for tomorrow!