Career goals essay is, essentially, personal statement or motivation letter with minor differences that focus on specific careers or choices behind them. As a mixture of skills, personal values, interests, experience, aspiration, and education, setting of career goals may sound clear in words, yet writing it down is more difficult as it requires structure. Correct and accurate planning is as important as setting of right goal. Since there are different requirements followed in each degree, there are general rules that will help you to become successful leader. Make sure to look through provided example to see how degree like software engineering requires specific creative thinking.
Definition and Proper Structure Rules
A career goals essay speaks of what a student wants to be in the future and what personal and professional goals one wants to achieve. In addition to general (or specific, depending on a subject) career aspirations, professionals recommend listing the most significant achievements that make person good fit for chosen career, university, or job position. A good idea is to speak of educational programs, curriculum details to explain and justify choice being made. If there are any scholarships, mention them as well. For reference, you can consult one of our expert writers for scholarship essay examples about career goals or participate in the competition and ask "write my scholarship essay for me".
Note that a career goals essay is not only listing diverse achievements and benefits, but explaining one's route towards success.
Majority of career goals essays should include this structure:
- Introduction with thesis
Introduction and thesis should have hook sentence that makes committee or an employer interested. Next, program or career position are specified. In thesis statement, specify why and what goals are planned for achievement.
- Main body paragraphs
Body paragraph in an essay on career is careful narrative about experiences, skills achieved, events, experiences a person has. There should be logical connection from point to point, so that future plans are made clear. Mention such facts of life and work in volunteering, diverse internships, special skills, talents, or foreign languages. Any awards of scholarships related to chosen program or career can be mentioned, too.
Conclusion part is a summary of all aforementioned points. It should specify a particular job position or a college.
- Call for action
A call to action is an accurate request, especially in a case of a job application. One can mention readiness for an interview or meeting with an admission committee member. It is like what are your career goals essay turned to action, a paragraph that speaks of your confidence and readiness to start with a college course or planned employment. As a general rule, keep it short, be emotional, if your subject and situation allow it.
Read Also: Essay on Leadership: Qualities, Essay Samples and Writing Steps
Expert Writing Tips for Successful Essay
Without a doubt, there is no universal recipe for a successful essay on career as each case is unique and special. Nevertheless, these writing tips should help you to feel confident that no important points are missed
- Always use your own style! Remember that your own voice is what makes a career goal essay successful! Do not just list your achievements, but allow a person reading your essay to feel and identify a person between the lines. Colleges in the United States review hundreds of career goals essays and scholarships applications, so they look for unique personalities that do not mimic others, but speak in their own style.
- Brainstorm your thesis statement! Write down several ideas or make sure to brainstorm them for accuracy and full reflection of your goals. Remember that thesis statement here has to tell of what you are planning to achieve, why, and how. Among numerous college essay ideas, it is important to choose one that reflects your goals and aspirations. Always be objective!
- Use clear and logical structure! A clear and logical structure is what will help reader to read an essay to its ending. Start with most important points that show you as a worthy candidate and continue with specific experiences and soft skills like patience, ability to work in time-critical and demanding situations, etc. Remember that a structure has to be engaging and related to provided thesis statement.
- Do not avoid listing your credentials only as your CV already does that! Try to connect achievements with future plans instead, so this way your career highlights relate to specified future goals.
- Create an outline! An outline is important when list of achievements and goals can seem confusing. You have to think critically as you sort out the best ideas. Consult our critical thinking writing service for more information.
- Always proofread your essay! Most colleges, as well as universities in the United States evaluate career goals essays by grammar rules and writing accuracy, so do not underestimate an importance of academic writing, grammar, punctuation.
Educational and Career Goals Essay Examples
- Career Goals Essay Sample #1: Special Education Teacher for Autistic Children Career
As a child, I had a best friend who was on an autism spectrum. Being an avid reader, I used it as way to escape harsh reality of being bullied. Still, I realized that I have to work for others weaker than me. Reading to my autistic friend, I saw it as a chance to make a difference and be positive change in society.
In high school, I used to work as a Teacher's Assistant by taking diverse educational responsibilities and helping to find common language with "problem children".
Applying for XYZ college program, I hope to achieve…
- Career goals essay sample #2: Software Engineering Job Position
Choosing software engineering is something that has always been in my nature. Even in children’s games, I always tried to compose helpful guides for everyone to understand rules of the game. Making every product clear and accessible is what inspires and motivates me in daily life.
As a special award winner in Maths and Physics volunteering projects, I had a unique chance of internship at XYZ company, which helped me to learn the basics of diverse software solutions and work methods of modern mobile market. This experience has helped me to analyze adjacent work positions and learn professional roles of different members of software team.
Applying for XYZ position at your company, I hope to continue my education in practice by learning how to work in challenging and time-critical projects. As responsible and hard-working individual, I am known for settling down workplace conflicts by helping every person feel valued and special.
Using my knowledge of Python solutions and iOS applications, I hope to contribute to team’s vision of meeting market demands. My goal is to create products that are timely and relevant for society’s needs.
Providing my CV with a detailed description of software projects and applications that I have completed, I am ready for personal interview and professional evaluation test by one of XYZ company’s specialists. Aiming for excellence and high productivity, my goal is to make XYZ well-deserved leader in the field of engineering where every team member makes a difference.
A Final Bit of Writing Help From Professional Writers
Just when you need a little bit of help and advice with career goals essay, professionals at EduBirdie are ready to assist you online 24/7. Expert proofreading in any field, high-class professionals can help you deliver plagiarism-free essays.
A process of choosing writer with EduBirdie system is simple:
- Navigating to EduBirdie website, you choose writer according to subject, credentials, list of essays completed.
- You can always choose between several writers that fit your requirements.
- Entire process is transparent, so you can control work of an assigned writer at every step of writing process.
- You pay for college essay only when you are fully satisfied with final result.
- Every essay is 100% plagiarism free and includes proofreading, checking for professional accuracy.
- You can always contact assigned writer directly through our system. If writer is not immediately in touch, you can always contact our support team 24/7.
From career goal topic ideas to polishing of a final essay, our writing experts can help you deliver one’s best in direct conversation, based on provided needs and requirements.