If you are on an assignment to write a psychological essay, the chances are that you’ll have second guesses about picking an idea dedicated to psychological stability or some of the common disorders. Mental illness essay topics cover many concepts from the fields of psychological well-being and nervous disorders.
Choosing the topic is a crucial decision. When you work on the right topic, you will be motivated to dig deep into research, provide informed arguments, and write a compelling conclusion. It can also help you interest the readers and make them want to read your entire essay.
Since many students don’t know where to begin, we decided to help you out. Below you can find various mental illness essay ideas you can use to write your paper.
50 Mental Illness Essay Topics
It’s hard to choose the right topic when you have a genuine interest in and are well conversed with one specific field. If this is the case, you need access to as many essay ideas on the subject as possible. Below you can find 50 suitable essay ideas you can freely use right now.
- A Rose For Emily By William Faulkner: The Mental Illness Of Emily Grierson
- Mental Illness: A Srime In The 19th Century
- Music Therapy And Mental Illness
- Search For Identity And Mental Illness In The Bell Jar
- Mental Illness and the Justice System
- Female Mental Illness in Jane Eyre and Great Expectations
- Mental Illness Depiction In Flowers For Algernon
- Of Mice And Men: Mental Illness And Society
- A Streetcar Named Desire: Williams’ Message To The Audience Regarding Mental Health
- Social Work And Mental Health: Human Rights, Social Justice, And The Impact Of Public Policy
- How The Mentally Ill Aids The Understanding Of The Mind And Society Through The Yellow Wallpaper, The Story Of An Hour And A Rose For Emily
- Making A Serial Murderer: Trauma, Aggression, And Mental Illness
- The Catcher In The Rye: Holden's Struggle With Mental Illness
- Poetry Is Beneficial To People With Mental Health
- Understanding the Context of Mental Health Care Delivery: Descriptive Essay on the Essence of Nursing Theory
- Psychological Disorders In Movies A Beautiful Mind And The Butterfly Effect
- Christianity And Mental Health
- Schizophrenia as a Mental Illness
- Managing Your Mental Health After Graduation
- How Past Experiences Contribute To Present Day Behaviour
- Insanity In The Sarcastic Tale Don Quixote
- Mental Health Discrimination In The Workplace
- The Reasons For Teen Suicide
- Aboriginal Mental Health And Suicide
- Music Therapy: Ability To Heal And Recover Mental Health Illness
- People of All Ages Suffer From Mental Health Issues
- The Tell Tale Heart: Mental Disorders
- The Correlation of Schizophrenia and Crimes
- Health Promotion: Programs And Procedures On Enhancing Health
- Overview of Mental Health and Stigma in Saudi Arabia: Issues of Disgrace and Social Distancing
- New Public Health Approach and Contemporary Health Challenges
- Syrian Female Refugees At Risk For Mental Health Issues In Canada
- Social And Health Factors That Lead To Homelessness
- The Aspects And Factors Of Mental Health In College Athletes
- The Effects of Schizophrenia on Personality and Family
- Grief: Impact On Mental Health After Death Of A Parent During Childhood
- Family And Social Rejection Affect Mental Health Of Third Gender
- Hospital Anxiety Depression Scale: Scientific Studies
- Factors That Affect Schizophrenia Across The Demographic
- Biopsychological Analysis of A Beautiful Mind
- Depression & Suicide In The Asian Community
- Depression: The Effects Of Perfectionism On Mental And Physical Health
- Recovery Approach in Mental Health Care
- Women Mental Breakdown In The Yellow Wallpaper And The Bell Jar
- The Correlation Of Music And Curing Mental Illness
- Understanding Anxiety: A Comprehensive Look at the Disorder
- Power of Verbal Abuse in Causing Depression: Analytical Essay
- Psychological Disorders In The Last King Of Scotland
- Patient Violence and Verbal Abuse: Issues of Nursing in Psychiatric Ward
- The Concept of Recovery from Psychosis
Mental Illness Argumentative Essay Topics
To excel at argumentative essay writing, you need access to existing literature so that you can collect and produce compelling evidence. Not all topics dedicated to psychological disorders are viable for extensive and detailed research. Here are some good argumentative essay topics to inspire you.
- How Mental Health Affects Your Everyday Life
- How to Overcome Postnatal Depression
- The Need for Minimizing the Stigmatization of Psychological Illness
- The Main Reasons the Mental Illness is Less Prevalent in the General Population than LGBT Community
- Why Should We Tackle the Prevalence of Teenage Depression Seriously
- Why Are Mental Health Programs Important in Developing Countries
- Exploring the Potential Solutions for Stigmatization Against Psychiatric Health Patients
- Is Cognitive Illness a Social Issue?
- Why it is Important to Understand the Subconscious Mind and Self-knowledge
- The Main Causes of Teenage Depression and How to Prevent it
Persuasive Essay Topics on Mental Illness
When writing a persuasive essay on psychological conditions, you need to take a stance. To create a valid argument, you need to prove your opinion to readers. The following persuasive paper topics will help you find relevant evidence and rich, factual data.
- The Relationship Between Parenting Styles and Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Chronic Stress and Anxiety as Main Reasons for Long-Term Relationship Breakups
- Can Depression be Inherited?
- School Programs Can Significantly Help Students with Learning Disabilities
- Social Media Platforms Role in Development of Eating Disorders
- Child Abuse Leads to a Mental Disorder in Future
- The Role of Digital Communication in Development of Social Anxiety
- How Video Games Cause Psychological Addiction
- The Impact of Mental Health Law
- The Best Psychotherapies for Depression
How to Choose a Good Topic
Choosing a good mental illness essay topic can be hard. To help you out, we have put together this step-by-step guide. You can use it every time you need to choose a topic, whether you are considering topics in social studies or Psychological health.
- Make a list of all the potential mental illness paper topics.
- Evaluate to what extent you are interested in writing about each one of them.
- Evaluate which of the topics you are interested in can be reasonably addressed in the essay length specified in the requirements.
- Once you are done with the evaluation, narrow down your list of topics.
- Translate the topics on your list into a research question.
- Examine the existing literature.
- Choose the most interesting topic to research with the most available literature.
Useful Help for Choosing a Relevant Essay Topic
As you can see, there are a lot of mental illness essay topics you can choose from. We also provided a list of argumentative and persuasive essay topics on mental illness. It’s understandable if you have a hard time choosing a good topic given the number of assignments on your plate and deadlines. If you need additional help, contact us at EduBirdie, and we will help you deliver a high-quality psychological essay in time.