The new year gives one a lot of opportunities to research different essays and the ways how they can be written. In the academic world, every essay has its purpose and value. By default, they all provide a training ground for US students, not depending on their university, who need to perfect their writing skills. Essays are also good ways for expression of ideas. Hence, their topics should be chosen carefully and accordingly.
Problem solution essay topics are of particular interest as they are used to heading problem-solution essays. This type of essay deals with identifying an existent issue, challenge or problem in our society and tangible ways to fix them. Besides being very educative and intriguing, a problem solution essay ideas open doors towards a good cause like a relief program in a developing country. This would also imply that it has to be worded persuasively and able to address important social challenges. This makes working with such papers a bit complicated, but anything is achievable with the right set of solutions. And it makes students consider choosing problem solution topics for their essays. It is important to know that there are numerous problem solution essay ideas one can choose and dwell on.
Read also: 100 The Most Impressive Social Issues 2019 for Essay or Paper
In this article, we would aid your efforts at writing by making a list of about 50 examples of problem solution essay topics, as well as the ideas one could come up with that could go beyond academic scope and have tangible community impact.
Comprehensive List of Typical Problem-Solution Essay Topics
In this segment, we will look at 10 different themes and provide samples for each theme. Following the example will help you understand what to write and how to arrange your words to create good problem solutions topics. Also, keep in mind that these are problem solution speech topics college students can use for their various purposes.
Here are 50 problem solution essay ideas suitable for any US university be it Stanford or Yale. You are encouraged to get inspired by these examples and create your own topics, but it’s okay to pick any of these and modify them to your preference.
Read also: With online essay grader you can evaluate your papers before sending them to teachers!
Education Essay Topics
- Sexual Abuse of Students in the US
- Stricter measures should be enforced for offenders.
- Students should get a constant orientation on how to say ‘No.’
- Intensified screening for newly-employed teachers in the sector.
- Problem of Violence in Schools
- Better enforcement of security.
- Teaching self-defense.
- Ban on gun possession in American schools.
- Poor Grades Problem
- A more individualized approach to working with every student.
- Creating time and space for additional explanations.
- Reviewing results per session and finding new ways to get students into understanding the subject.
- Bullying Issue
- Topic on educating learners about dangers of bullying.
- Working with parents to keep children in the best behavior.
- Discouraging any form of bullying, no matter how insignificant.
- Poor Teaching Quality Problem
- Additional training for teachers before they commence teaching.
- Regular assessment to be completed by all teachers.
- Educating teachers on knowing their teaching strengths.
- Poor Attendance of Classes Problem
- Encouraging teachers to initiate home visits to affected students.
- Stimulating parents to take an active part in their children’s studies. They should also be accommodating to teachers who need to make home visits.
- Creating attractive incentives that will motivate students to attend classes regularly.
Family and Relations Essay Topics
- Domestic Violence Issue
- Topic on educating women on self-defense.
- Educating men on the dangers of domestic violence especially for kids.
- Working hand-in-hand with various counseling organizations across the US.
- Problem of Poor Socioeconomic Situation
- Empowering families to become independent income owners.
- Creating relief programs would help.
- Discussing all available relief program options for these sets of people.
- Lack of Time for Children
- Choosing fewer problematic jobs that allow one more availability at home.
- Going to the games with your kids; cheering and supporting their efforts.
- Putting away all one is doing at a particular time to answer any doubts the kids might have.
- Problem of Favoritism
- Serious topic on parents treating their kids equally.
- Never making a show of doting on one more than others.
- Give each ward the same reward for jobs well done.
- Lack of Respect in Family
- Do not argue as guardians in front of younger children.
- Be mindful of your language even when you are angry with your partner.
- Show respect for young and old family members alike.
Climate Change and Environmental Issues
- Global Warming Problem
- Passing of more effective laws to curb emissions.
- Limiting destructive human activities that can change ecosystem settings.
- Raising awareness on the existence of global warming as a huge problem.
- Destruction of Forests
- Create more allowances for forest reserves regulated by government.
- Educate people on importance of trees.
- Set up initiatives that encourage replanting.
- Issues of Poaching
- Restricting human access to wild parks and game reserves.
- Maintaining health of surviving animals to help them reproduce.
- Laws protecting endangered species from being hunted should be passed.
- Flooding Problem
- Building water dams.
- Creating channels for drainage for rural areas.
- Motivating tree planting.
- Heavy penalties for illegal lumbering.
- Working with people to find possible ways of controlling it.
- Review of laws surrounding environmental protection.
- Water Pollution
- Research should be done on best ways to disinfect water.
- Proper disposal of industrial waste.
- Laws should be made to protect major sources of drinking water.
- Air Pollution
- Residential areas should be far from industrial sites.
- Other ways to destroy waste besides burning should be researched on.
- Promoting the use of bio-energy rather than fossil fuel.
Health-Related Essay Topics
- Obesity as a Problem
- Regular exercise.
- Cutting down excessive calorie intake.
- Regular check-up with one’s GP.
- High Blood Pressure
- Exploring suitable ways to reduce stress.
- Getting checked regularly.
- Appropriate use of prescribed medications.
- Getting early treatment (if necessary).
- Cutting down on fatty foods.
- Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle.
- Gastric Ulcers
- Getting checked early.
- Cut down on spicy food.
- Do not skip meals.
- Constipation Problem
- Staying hydrated.
- Increase your intake of fiber.
- Do not wait for long periods before easing yourself.
- Cutting down on fizzy drinks.
- Do not consume excessive amounts of legumes.
- Add more fiber into your diet.
- Accessible counseling centers.
- Placing a ban on all addictive substances.
- Law enforcement crackdown on black market operators.
- Mental health issues
- Stop the stigmatization. Encourage people to admit that they have struggles.
- Provide accessible/affordable counseling.
- Raising awareness on the existence of mental issues.
Romantic Relationships Essay Topics
- Both parties should find time to sit together.
- Learn about each other’s preferences.
- Do not be selfish towards the other party.
- Cheating on Your Partner
- Careful, cool-headed discussions.
- Seek counseling help.
- You would have to learn forgiveness.
- Problem When Love Fades Away
- Revisiting the main things that made you work for each other.
- Seek support from experienced couples.
- Work together to revive the love you lost.
- Lack of Trust Problem
- Be sincere to another party.
- Do not keep secrets and be honest.
- Engage in trust-building abilities.
- Problem of Selfish Behavior
- Putting others’ needs first.
- Trying to be sympathetic.
- Explore help options where necessary.
- Online Dating Sites and Apps
- Educating teens and youths on recognizing the signs of a predator.
- Stronger security measures for dating websites.
- Serious punishments for offenders.
Government and Politics Essay Topics
- Helping people understand that it’s our joint responsibility to curb corruption.
- Tightening screening procedures for choosing leaders.
- Enforcing penalties for offenders that cannot be overruled.
- Poor Leadership Problem
- Extensive training of aspiring politicians.
- Reviewing the constitutional requirements for contesting candidates.
- Encouraging youths to take leadership training.
- Lack of Participation on Grassroots Levels
- Promoting the concept of civic-mindedness in schools.
- Raising awareness of the importance of participation for the masses.
- Getting to understand the challenges masses face in participating in politics and working together with them for a solution.
Finance and Banking Essay Topics
- Economic Crisis Problem
- A cursory review of management tactics.
- Talks between government and private financial institutions can be initiated.
- Addressing corruption as a most likely cause.
- Currency Inflation Problem
- Increased interest rates.
- Adaptation of fiscal policy by government.
- Increasing reserve requirements for banks in the country.
- Money Laundering Problem
- Enforcing high maintenance of privacy among individuals.
- How government can implement formal anti-money laundering policies?
- Educating individuals on what it is and how it can be identified.
- Bankruptcy Issue
- Seeking appropriate consumer/ business credit counseling.
- Selling off several assets based on their priority rating.
- Applying for loans from higher authority financial institutions.
Mass Media and Social Media Essay Topics
- Abundance of False News Readings
- Imposing restriction laws on the right to broadcast news.
- Control should not be given to media houses alone. They should be scrutinized by government agencies.
- Heavy penalties for known offenders.
- Poor Quality of News
- Competency and grammar check.
- Proper additional training.
- Tougher screening procedures.
- Sex in Advertising Problem
- Providing censoring for illicit adverts.
- Ad companies should be motivated to use children-friendly concepts.
- Majority of explicit adverts should be played at night.
Communications and Technology Essay Topics
- Poor Accessibility for Rural Areas Problem
- Making internet free for rural areas.
- Passing communications policies that would favor rural areas.
- Giant tech corporations should be encouraged to participate in donations of computers, mobile phones, etc.
- Problem of Cyberbullying
- Declaring cyberbullying a legal crime punishable by law.
- Providing support services for victims.
- Educating people about the dangers of cyber-harassment.
- Excessive Obsession With Video Games
- Limiting the number of games that can be played by an individual per time.
- Encourage teens/youths to engage in other activities — craft learning, art, handwork.
- Setting up an electrical control system that would make power too low for video consoles to function especially during school sessions.
Miscellaneous Essay Topics
- Herd Mentality
- Curtailing number of broadcast adverts.
- Dealing with political accuracy.
- Encouraging genuine debates.
- Middle East Unrest Problem
- A possible collaboration with the Russian Federation to eliminate terrorist groups.
- Do not send troops to places where they are not welcome.
- Engaging in talks with countries like Israel to withdraw their support of terrorist groups.
- Low Self-Esteem Among Youths
- Motivate youths to stop over-dependence on social media.
- Empowering them to love themselves as they are.
- Advising celebrities to limit the amount of information they expose about their lives as it can have a major negative impact.
- Problem of Cultural Segmentation
- Teach people to respect each other’s cultures.
- Judgmental mindsets should not be encouraged.
- Boundaries should be set; no one should impose his beliefs on another.
- Racism as an Issue
- Motivate interactions among different races from early ages.
- Exploitation and abuse based on race should attract more serious penalties.
- The role of media in promoting such problems should be addressed and dealt with.
Help with Problem Solution Essay
From the list above, every student can observe that there are lots of problem and solution examples to choose from. At EduBirdie.com one of our main objectives is to provide you with the best help regardless of the task, be it a problem and solution essay or college term paper. We will get you the grade you deserve. All you need to do is get in touch with us and describe your challenge clearly. We would be more than happy to complete a cheap custom essay for you.