Writing an essay is one of the most difficult tasks students face. It requires stating your own opinion on a specific issue while maintaining a scientific nature of the work. In fact, an author has to balance on the fine line between the artistic and scientific style of presentation.
What is a reflective essay
A reflective essay is a type of academic work, in which a student is required to go through a particular experience, read certain book, etc., and then describe their opinion about it in a written form. Reflection essays usually are rather personal and subjective. Nonetheless, they should maintain a relatively academic feel to them and should be cohesively organized if you wish to write a reflective paper bound to get an A+.
How to write a reflection paper
Wondering how to write a reflective essay? Here are some answers!
Identify the main themes for future essay. In your notes, summarize your experience in 1 to 3 sentences. These sentences should be both descriptive and to-the-point.
Write down material that stands out in your mind. Determine why this material stands out and write a note about what you discover.
- In case of classes or readings, you can write down specific quotes or summarize passages.
- When it comes to experiences, make a note about specific portions of your background. You can even create a summary or brief story about an event that happened to you. Images, sounds or other sensory portions of your experience are very much suitable.
Make an essay outline. Before you google “how to start a reflection paper”, it might be useful to draw a graph for tracking your ideas.
- In the first column, list main points or key experiences. These points can include what author or speaker considers important in addition to any specific details that are important to you. Divide each point in a row separately.
- In the second column, write your personal answer to points you put in the first column. Double-check to communicate how your subjective experiences and beliefs influence your response.
- In the third and last column, describe how much of your personal response you will share in your reflection essay.
- Having done that, it might be useful to come up with a reflection paper outline to keep your ideas structured.
Ask yourself questions to find answers. If you have trouble measuring your own feelings or specifying your own answer, you can ask yourself questions about experience and how it relates to you. Some reflective essay example questions can be as follows:
- Did a certain event change you in any way? If yes, you need to tell how.
- Has reading, class or experience changed your way of thinking? Did it come into conflict with the beliefs you previously had? What evidence can you give to prove it has changed your way of thinking about the subject?
- Does reading, class or experience leave you with any questions? Have you asked yourself those questions before or did they come up after finishing it?
- Did the author, lecturer or those participants in the experience mention any important points? Could a certain fact or idea have drastically changed the impact or conclusion of reading, class or experience?
- In what way do points or ideas mentioned in the reading, class or experience fit with your background or past readings? Do ideas contradict or support each other?
By following these tips, you will be able to submit a perfect essay. However, if you have many pending projects or you are simply not certain whether you can make it within the deadline, EduBirdie can give you a hand.
Our reflective essay help
At EduBirdie, we provide academic assistance to students in writing reflective essays. We cooperate with a large number of time-tested and authored writers, so for them, it will not be difficult to fulfill an order even when it is needed to be delivered urgently. As for quality, EduBirdie is a market giant and a top-notch service serving thousands of students globally.
Our features & benefits
- We gather all the necessary academic materials: critical articles; data from periodicals, dissertations, monographs. This is to ensure that your reflection paper is of the highest quality.
- We choose the writing style taking into account your requirements. Our writers can write your essays in either simple English avoiding using some complex speech turn or alternatively, make use of some complicated language employing metaphors and other speech figures.
- We use, where necessary, quotes from related works, aphorisms and more.
- We fully disclose the topic of your essay.
- We ensure that there are no mistakes in the work: spelling, punctuation, grammatical, stylistic, semantic and actual ones. None.
- We ofa fer wide variety of services, such as scholarship essays, coursework, business plans or help with any kind of assognment.
Get academic help
Although working on reflective essays could seem like a daunting task for completion, as you are to describe how a certain experience in life has impacted you in a cohesive way, there is always an option to get some assistance in the matter. EduBirdie, which is a reflective essay writing service, has helped many students worldwide sparing them the need to spend countless hours in the library. Sign up now and get an amazing essay to make your college life a bit easier. You deserve it!