Finding a great topic for a study can be challenging. Interesting biology topics need to be appealing, attention-grabbing and academically relevant. They need to deal with the recent findings and debatable questions. A great topic is a base of a scientific argument that has a valuable idea for the science. It also should provoke further discussion and lead to further coming studies.
College students have a hard time choosing the fascinating subject for their paper. That’s why these 130 biology research paper topics can give you inspiration. You can pick one for your research or use them as the base for building your own idea.
A List of Researchable Topics for Biology
A list of researchable topics for biology students starts with several interesting biological topics concerning sociological perspective and ethical issues. The most debatable subjects are abortion, human cloning, genetic researches and the new ethics that should be created to resolve these issues.
What are some good biology research topics?
One could also find good research topics related to traditional biology subfields like plant and animal biology, ecology (current global problems warrant a number of hot topics), or topics related to humans: neurobiology (and determinants of human behavior), recent discoveries on diseases and the immune system, etc.
What are some great research topics?
Truly great research topics often reveal surprising links between entities/ phenomena, bring a shift in perspective over traditional beliefs/ knowledge, or highlight/ address subjects that have not been considered before but which might hold great potential.
Read also: How can I find a trusted service to write my research paper?
Abortion, Human cloning, Genetic Researches Biology Topics:
- Presentation on Abortion Law & Society’s Perspective in the USA
- How Abortion is Related to the Feminist Ideology
- The Biological Insights of Abortion
- Human Cloning & Transplantation Possibilities
- Project on Different Types of Cloning
- DNA Structure, Genetic Disorders, and Modern Technology
- History and Development of Human Cloning Science
- Cloning: The Moral Aspect
- How Cloning Can Change Medicine
- What We Actually Know About DNA-modified Organisms
- DNA Modifications in Humans
- Can DNA Change Beat Aging?
- Genetic Grounds for Obesity
- Is Homosexuality Genetically Based?
- How Addictive Substances Affect Our Genes
- Depression & Genes
- Are Genetically Modified Foods Safe?
- Should Human Cloning Be Legal?
- The Advantages of Transgenic Crops
- Factors Contributing to Genetic Mutations
- Organ Transplantation: Is Donor’s Consent Needed?
- Ethics Behind Transplantation
- How Public Opinion Holds Back the Scientific Progress
Behaviour and Hormones Biology Research Topics:
Another huge part of biology research essay topics deals with the question of behavior and hormones. Students can share ideas on how our hormones influence mood and well-being. They can also be related to some disorders.
- Report on the Significance of Certain Hormones Concerning the Body Functioning
- Cell Structure & Antibiotic Resistance
- Hormones Influence on Mind and Behavior
- How Hormones Contribute to Depression
- Hormonal Changes During Pregnancy
- Psychological Disorders: The Biological Basis
- Biology Behind the Bipolar Disorder
- Cortisol and Testosterone Influence Risk-Taking
- Current Oxytocin Science
- Oxytocin and Fear Reaction
- Endocrine-Related Diseases
- How Hormones Affect Human Behavior
- Hormonal Control of Reproductive System
- Influence of Hormonal Therapy
- Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Hormone-Specific Psychopathic Disorders
- Melatonin in Therapy
- Steroid Hormones’ Path to Cells
- Cardio Exercise Influence Hormones
- Oxytocin in Treatment Psychopathic Disorders
- How Hormones Influence Women’s Mental Health
- Gender Specifics Related to Mental Health
Read also: 100 The Most Impressive Social Issues Topics for Essay or Paper
Immune System Biology Research Topics:
Biology topics to write about cannot be full without at least several ones dealing with the immune system. It is our main defense against different diseases, that’s why it is important to know more about it.
- Human Immune System and Its Resistance Capabilities
- How Do Immune System Agents Function?
- Discovering Diseases Caused by Immune System not Functioning Good
- Immunity & Stress
- Tolerance & Autoimmunity
- Asthma & Allergic Reactions
- Immunotherapy Influence on Human Body
- Immunology & Transplantation
- Graft Rejection Prevention
- Vaccination: Are There Any Real Benefits?
- The Society’s Perspective on Vaccination
Cell Biology Research Topics
It is a complex branch of biology that studies the smallest units and the living organisms. The focus is on the parts of the cell and the interaction of the cytoplasm and the membrane as the topic ideas below show:
- The Pros And Cons Of The Cytoskeleton System Through The Lens Of Cell Motility.
- Analysis Of Cell Division And The AI-based Methods Of Cell Cycle Control.
- The Role Of Chromatin In The Alterations Of Gene Expression.
- What Causes Cellular Metabolism In Marine Mammals.
- The Use Of Hormone Action Therapy In College Athletics.
- The Most Common Cell Infections And The Immunity Challenges.
- The Alteration Of Ribosomes And The Cell Membrane Functioning.
- The Heritage Of Robert Brown And The Nucleus.
- The Importance Of The Cork Tree Cell For Cell Biology.
- Analysis Of Multicellular Organisms And The Use Of Molecular Analysis Tools.
Molecular Biology Research Topics
The branch of Molecular Biology focuses on the analysis of composition, structure, and complex interactions related to processes taking place in the cells. Unlike basic microbiology, it studies biological processes like alteration, recreation, and maintenance.
- The Use Of Comparative Genomics Of The Human Being And The Mice.
- The Restrictions Of The DNA And Peculiarities Of The Modern Nucleic Acid Analysis.
- An Ethical Aspect Of Molecular Genetics.
- The Most Efficient Methods Of RNA Translation Into Proteins.
- What Is The Current State Of The DNA Replication And The Amplification Methods.
- The Limitations Of The Microarray Data Analysis.
- Is It Possible To Repair The Damage Done To The Human DNA?
- The Pros And Cons Of The Aseptic Technique: Transfection Methods.
- Purification Of The DNA: How Does Protein Purification Change Over Time?
- What Are The Objectives Of The Nucleic Acid Hybridization During The Gene Cloning Process?
Plant Pathology Biology Research Topics:
Here are several interesting biology research topics concerning plant pathology:
- Natural Disease Resistance in Plants
- The Prevention Measures in Plant Pathology
- Research on Plant-Associated Microbes and Current Genomic Tools
- Literature Review on Microbial Ecology and Evolution
- Plant Diseases Management Facilitated by Modern Technology
- Plant Evolutionary Genetics
- Weedy & Invasive Plants
- Photosynthesis: Aspects & Functions
- Fertilizers’ Influence on Plants
Ecology-concerning Subjects Biology Research Topics:
Undergraduates can do a proposal on Ecology-concerning subjects. First, it is one of the most relevant scientific fields as we deal with the results of human behavior all the time. Any new cool paper can shed some light of new ideas that will contribute to making the world a better place.
- Ecological and Evolutionary Factors Influencing Animal Behavior
- Essay on Relationship Between Living Forms and Their Environment
- The Affect of Human Behavior on Animal Forms in the USA
- The Ways Animal and Plants Respond to Changing Environment
- Developmental Mechanism of Resistance in Animals
- The Environmental Change and its Involvement in the Diversity of Species
- Is Global Warming Really a Threat?
- Fast Food Industry & Tropic Forests Extinction
- Environmental Psychology
- Means of Wildlife Protection
- Impact of Rain Forests Extinction
- Rare Species Protection
- The Problem of Extinction
- Renewable Energy and Environment’s Pollution
- Climate Change and Biodiversity
- Types of Pollution in Modern World
- What is Sustainability in Biology?
- Non-human factors of Extinction of Species
- Benefits of Ecotourism
- Is Extinction of Bees Real?
- Oil Spill Effects on Ocean Wildlife
- Factors and benefits of Organic Farming
Neurobiology Research Topics:
- Visual Cortex & Models of Orientation
- Neuroscience in Robotic Technologies
- What is Visual-Motor Coordination Based On?
- Impact of Music on Human Brain
- Brain Injuries and Related Disorders
- Brain and Memory
- Brain Capabilities of Self-Repairing
- Genetic Defect That Contributes to Schizophrenia
- Factors and Causes Behind a Migraine
- Connection Between Gut Bacteria and Anxiety
- Can Gut Bacteria Contribute to Depression?
- Cognitive Neuroscience on Problem-Solving
- Genes and Proteins Responsible for Neurons functioning
Animals Biology Research Topics:
Here are fascinating biology research topics related to animals. They are quite popular among students. You can submit several papers dwelling on deep analysis of one phenomenon or species.
- Factors Concerning Animal Growth
- The Obesity in Home Pets
- Traditional Dog Diet and Modern Home Pets
- Male Pregnancy Among Animals
- Is Beauty Products Testing on Animals Ethical?
- Birds Behavioral Study
- Animal Science & Food Sustainability
- Does Veganism Actually Influence Meat Production?
- Wild Animal Projects
- Fashion Industry & Animal Abuse
- Camouflage Mechanism in Sea Animals
- Discovering Primate Language and Cognitive Function
Read also: Your personal lab report writing service - EduBirdie.com!
Topics on the History of Biology:
There also easy issues related to the history of Biology. You can dwell on the capstone of modern science or dwell on an understanding of one crucial academic term.
- The History of Genetics
- Darwin’s Theory and Biology
- Discovering Evolution Factors
- How Archeology Impacts Animal Biology?
- Natural Selection Theory: The Discovery and Its Impact
- Effects of Whale Hunting
- Dead Branches of Evolution
- Famous Biologist Antonie van Leeuwenhoek
- Edward Jenner and the History of Vaccination
- Rachel Carson’s Perspective on Environmental Safety
- Stephen Jay Gold’s Paleontology: How History and Biology are Combined
This list ends with several other fascinating research proposal topics, such as:
- Molecular and Genome Evolution
- Comparative Genomics
- The Evolutionary Biology of Infectious Diseases
- Modern Technology and Scientific Tools in Biology
- Neurobiological Explanation of Sleep
- Symbiosis in Parasites
- Metabolism & Physical Exercise
What are some topics in science?
Some of the hottest topics in science nowadays are: the perspectives of genetic engineering of humans using CRISPRs, the importance of the human microbiome in preventing many diseases (including autoimmune diseases), solutions for multi-drug resistance in bacteria, immunotherapy in cancer research (especially with genetically engineered cells), etc.
Read also: If you are paying someone to write a research paper, let professionals write it for you.
How do you choose a research topic?
When choosing a research topic, you should be considering your interests, the interests of the readers/ audience, the impact of the topic, the current state of knowledge in the field, recent advances related to the topic (e.g. perspective-changing publications), etc.
Start to Write Well-Grounded Biology Research
These Biology research paper topics were compiled for anyone from high-school and undergraduate students to anyone who has to deal with Biology for any reason. It all depends on the size and depths of your project, that is why you may need a proper research papers help. The topics concern the most relevant and appealing part of biological science. Start working on your thesis with reading academic literature and don't forget to ask for thesis writing help at EduBirdie. A proper review of recent publications will help you build up an argument. Always remember that the key to any of your projects is having fun. So choose the topic that you are passionate about, and go for it!