Alcohol and drug abuse is one of the biggest problems in our country. It is not only personal problem that dramatically affects the individuals’ lives, but is a major problem that affects society as whole. “Alcohol and drug abuse”, these phrases we see daily on newspaper and television. But what do they mean or what we understand by it? Most of us don’t really view drug or alcohol use a problem, if that includes our friends having few beers on Saturdays night or our parent’s consumption of alcohol during family occasions or our grandmother having two paracetamol tablets when she has a headache.
What we really mean is that some drugs or alcohol are being used by people to feel good, reduces stress, or avoid reality. But actually drug abuse means when you use legal or illegal substances in ways you shouldn’t. You might take more than the regular dose of pills or use someone else’s prescription. Drug abuse refers to use of certain chemicals for purpose of creating pleasurable effects on brain.
TYPES OF DRUGS
Alcohol is also a type of drug that causes many effects on human health.
- Tobacco chewing
REASONS FOR DRUG ABUSE
People usually take to alcohol and drug abuse in order to reduce the stress caused due to:
Many people have problems in their family. For them, alcohol abuse seems to be easy escape from the stress caused due to those problems. Youngsters, particularly try to tackle their relationship problems by way of alcohol and drug abuse.
Save your time!
We can take care of your essay
- Proper editing and formatting
- Free revision, title page, and bibliography
- Flexible prices and money-back guarantee
Pressure at Work
Pressure at work place and competition at the college and office level is another major cause of drug abuse.
The feeling of loneliness or emptiness can also force a person to turn on to drugs.
EFFECTS OF DRUG ABUSE
The major impact of drugs is on the brain functioning, which consequently affects every other important aspects of life of the person addicted to drugs. It also affects the communication system of the human brain. Almost all types of drugs use high amounts of dopamine in order to target the brain functioning system. Drugs leads to physical sickness and mentally weak. Severe or excess consumption leads to abuse of drugs. Drug addiction makes the person lose their respect and fame from the society.
MEASURES TO OVERCOME DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE
Overcoming drug and addiction can be difficult. However, it is not possible. With the help of medication, expert guidance and support from family, one can overcome this problem. Discussed below are some measures to help you overcome alcohol and drug abuse.
- Exercise. Reducing drug dosage may result in increased level of stress. You can overcome this to a large extent by indulging in physical activities such as jogging, cycling, swimming, dancing and yoga.
- Consult Doctor. It takes much more than a string will power when it comes to getting rid of drug addiction. If you have taken the plunge to get out of the dark world of drugs then it is suggested to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Eat healthy. Your physical health especially brain deteriorates because of regular intake of drugs and alcohol.it is thus advised to have food that contains all the essential nutrients.
- Talk to close friends. Instead of keeping yourself your feelings to yourself, it is suggested to vent them out. Talk to your family and friends about your issues. This is a good way to do-stress rather than relying on drugs.
Alcohol and drug abuse is a growing problem, especially among the youths. There are many reasons that lead to this problem and the impact it has is extremely damaging. It is essential to spread awareness about the negative repercussions of drugs to discourage their use. Those gripped by this problem must consult a doctor and seek help from those close to them to come out of hellish world of alcohol and drug abuse.
The sensitivity of the issue must be recognized and one must not start this practice in any case. Remember, there are better ways to handle problems such as loneliness, fear, anxiety and heart break.