It is a very odd disease, affects the joint and creates miserable pain. Impact of this disorder in both the hands and feet’s (mainly to the elder person), also causes such pain in the knee, victim thinks that they have been deficient in calcium, so they start to eat vitamins and supplements’ by themselves. If pain is not reduces, most patients in that case start to take any OTC pain antagonist. Arthritis cannot cure for ever. It needs to be treated properly for through the whole life. It is possible to remain good in spite of having arthritis if the patient can maintain a healthy life style with proper treatment. (Online Dhaka Guide, 2019)
Whatever the types of arthritis are, symptoms are almost same for all. Joint pain, irritating, swelling, fever, muscle tightening etc. It can also be a reddish skin onto the affected area. Also may feel difficult to shake hands once. Determining the type of arthritis is important for proper treatment. It is diagnosed with certain blood tests.
Causes of Arthritis
- Reduction of Cartilage.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Autoimmune disorder, which further reduce the synovium.
- Genetical. (Medicine health, 2019)2
Types of arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This type of disease is more common in younger people and is a serious form. If rheumatoid arthritis is not very necessary to be treated over time, if rheumatoid arthritis aggravates then it can be greatly damaged in body joints within a year.
- Osteoarthritis: This type of arthritis can be caused by a genetic cause. As age increases its size grows. It affects the waist, knees, and legs.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: This arthritis increases with psoriasis. The disease can be very serious if not timely and proper treatment.
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica Arthritis: This type of arthritis is more common in individuals above 5 years. The disease causes unbearable pain in the neck, shoulders and waist, and those organs have difficulty rotating. With the right treatment at the right time it is possible to reduce the pain. However, it may not be possible to recover completely.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: The disease usually occurs at the lower joints of the body. The pain is less but persistent. It is possible to cure it through treatment but with the right treatment at the right time.
- Systemic lupus arthritis This type is occurs due to an auto immune defects. Basically, while women give birth a baby, may originate this disease. It is very severe, but possible to control with proper treatment. (WebMD, 2019)3.
Symptoms of Arthritis
These symptoms below are probably the symptoms of arthritis. Therefore, if you experience these symptoms it is important to consult a doctor. Maybe we can protect ourselves from the great loss if it is not fully resolved. The symptoms of this disease are –
- At first the patient may have frequent fever.
- Pain may be felt in the muscles.
- Always feel tired, body massaged, appetite diminishes, and weight gain decreases.
- Pain in the knees, ankles, toes, fingers, hands.
- Redness around the joints, rash.
- Sometimes there is pain in the joint that causes difficulty in moving.
- Morning stiffness
- Numbness and tingling
Other early symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis:
- General weakness or a feeling of malaise.
- Dry mouth
- Dry, itchy, or inflamed eyes
- Eye discharge
- Difficulty sleeping
- Chest pain when you breathe (pleurisy)
- Hard bumps of tissue under the skin on your arms
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss (The Healthy, 2017)4
Osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are somewhat different. OA causes pain is in the waist, knees and hands. It creates knee joints which further causes more pain. In RA, relatively less pain feels in the bone. However, severe pain in RA is more common in other parts of the body, including the arm wrists.
Treatment of arthritis
Arthritis is a long-term disease. Patient has to suffer lifetime for this disease. It is said that if not treated properly, there may be fear of being paralyzed. But do not worry if you diagnose and treat the disease at the right time, you will survive the loss. Arthritis is a disease cannot go for a severe condition with a better treatment. With proper treatment, the pain can be alleviated and patient can be live well.
First, you need to know what type of arthritis you will get by consulting a doctor. Usually the doctor will start your treatment. In addition to the medicine, various types of tests like X-rays, blood tests, serology tests etc. In addition to the medication, the doctor ordered different types of home exercises. The pain of the disease can be controlled by arthritis exercises. The doctor also recommends physiotherapy to relieve the pain. Sometimes, arthritis pain can be cure through physiotherapy. But whatever you do, of course, do at doctor’s advice.
Whatever you do to reduce arthritis pain –
- You need to keep your weight under control. Do not add extra weight. Because the knee can be stressed.
- Move body parts regularly. Stay busy evolving in work.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take the medication on time so you can get rid of the pain.
- Consult a doctor from time to time.
- It’s best not to bathe in cold water. Take a bath in warm steam or warm water.
- Eat nutritious foods regularly. (WebMd,2019)5
Medicine of arthritis
Exercise, along with some physical therapies (such as, hot, cold or others.), is a major treatment for the getting a temporary relief from rheumatoid and osteo-arthritis.
There are many different types of drugs in the treatment for this disease. Physicians generally divide these drugs into first-line and second-line drugs.
The first-line drugs:
The first-line drugs are usually tried first. These include: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and some prescription drugs. These drugs are used to treat osteo and rheumatoid arthritis. The first-line drugs are most effective in the treatment of RA (rheumatoid arthritis). In addition, steroid drugs such as prednisolone and cortisone are used. Steroids aren’t really considered the first drug of choice because of side effects. In the case of osteo-arthritis, steroid drugs are not one of them. Because steroids do not help in this case and there are many serious side effects of steroids.
The second-line drugs:
Since first line drugs are not effective in the treatment of osteo-arthritis, second-line drugs are used only in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Second-class drugs are sometimes called Disease Modifying or Disease Remedial Drugs. Because these drugs reduce many people’s symptoms. These drugs include GoldSalt, injection or tablet form; Hydroxy Chloroquine, also used in the treatment of malaria; Penicillamine, known as the anti-antibiotic brother, and methotrexate and other immunosuppressive drugs used to treat cancer.
Arthritis with CBD
According to a report published on 2017, CBD has the efficacy and capability to reduce both the arthritis pain and joint neuropathy. So, if anybody is getting confused, about the relation of CBD with arthritis, they should know, CBD is a new hope for those arthritis attacked patent, who doesn’t like to intake any NSAIDs for long duration. CBD decrease pain, as well as protect the nerves from getting severely worse in further.
Few animal studies already established the fact that CBD can cure any inflammation which originates due to arthritis. CBD can cure relent symptoms caused by osteoarthritis.
A 2016 research has established the truth that, topical implementation of CBD can reduce any inflammation and pain which relates with all types of arthritis.
Why CBD for arthritis?
We all know very well, due to arthritis, a patient has to suffer a lot. Unexplainable irritation with lots of swelling has to face by an arthritis patient. To reduce those symptoms’s, one can intake NSAIDs every time. Fact is that, continuous consumption of NSAIDs is not safe for health. These drugs are opiates, but CBDs are natural, safe and useful. By multiple effects of CBD, any inflammatory, and metabolic arthritis can treated as well.
Side effects of CBD
“If you take pure CBD, it’s pretty safe,” said Marcel Bonn-Miller, an adjunct assistant professor at the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine. However, several side effects of CBDs are showed below-
- decreased appetite
- elevated liver enzymes
- “cotton mouth” sensation or dry mouth
- uncontrollable muscle movements
- Low blood pressure
Mechanism of action of CBD to treat arthritis
Three Symptoms of arthritis are- swelling, weakness, and fever. Mainly CBD reduce the symptoms of inflammation which creates due to arthritis. CBD attach with CB receptor and gives signals to reduce pain perception.
Most important thing is that, you don’t need to see any research report or data about the activity of CBDs. Already lots of peoples are using CBDs and getting lots of benefits from CBDs. Any further human trial is not mandatory to understand how it is works. Already much research result established all these issues very clearly. With the features to response the immune system with certain cannabinoids receptors of our body, CBD decreases pain and inflammation creates due to arthritis. (Naturesbreakthrough.com, 2018)12
Arthritis can also come from genetically to you. Be careful if you have a family tend of bearing arthritis, you are easily at risk of becoming a victim of arthritis. The risk of arthritis increases as you get older. Women are more prone to this disease than men for physiological and hormonal reasons. This risk is especially high during or after menopause. Excess weight increases the risk of arthritis.
If you have any joint related disorder, then you are more likely to suffer arthritis later. In order to stay healthy it is not enough to cure once you attacked by it. You need to prepare as much as possible in advance, to avoid further risk of this disease. So be aware of this, stay good and healthy.
- Everyday Health: Trusted Medical Information, Expert Health Advice, News, Tools, and Resources. (2019, October 24). Retrieved from https://www.everydayhealth.com/.
- Experts in everyday emergencies, first aid and health information. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/hp.asp.
- Better information. Better health. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/.
- 4. Healthy Living with Expert-Backed Advice. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.thehealthy.com/.
- Better information. Better health. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/.
- 5 Of the Best Cannabis Strains for Arthritis Pain Relief. (2019). Retrieved from https://www.getnovusnow.com/
- Five Best CBD Oils For Arthritis. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.bestchoicereviews.org/
- What’s the Best CBD Dosage? (n.d.). Retrieved from https://medium.com/cbd-origin?source=post_page.
- Arthritis Foundation CBD Guidance for Adults with Arthritis. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.arthritis.org/
- What are the benefits of CBD oil? (n.d.). Retrieved from https://thecannabisradar.com/
- CBD can have side effects, albeit not threatening ones. (2018). Retrieved from https://thehempoilbenefits.com/
- Yurtoğlu, N. (2018). How CBD Goes to Work on Arthritis Pain. History Studies International Journal of History, 10(7), 241–264. Retrieved from http://naturesbreakthrough.com/