In-time submission and academic quality guaranteed.
38 samples in this category
Summing things up, we have:
- Discrimination against African Americans by police officers. Without a doubt, one of the most common occurrences of police brutality cases relates to black people. These happen because of racial prejudice. Turning to the Washington Post research, one can see that African Americans are 2.5 times more likely to be attacked by police officers compared to White Americans. Even though the black population represents only 13%, they represented 23% of those that were killed by the police officers. The worst thing is that over 90% of these cases have not led to a conviction of a crime. It forced the parents of the Black youth to teach their children how to avoid conflict, which leads to a lack of security, confidence, and trust.Even though it's a common case for police brutality essays these days, you can also focus on the social message in rap music instead to focus on a more cultural side of things. You can also explore the cases related to:
- The use of body cameras as a way to diminish and control police brutality.
- Ethical issues and the lack of a proper law enforcement system.
- Historical cases of police misconduct and the role of Sir Robert Peel.
- Civil Rights Movements in the United States.
- Police Brutality Against European Immigrants. Turning to our history, we also have police brutality cases against European Immigrants that go back to the late 1800s and up to the early 1900s. These cases include violence shown by the police during the labor strikes and the clashes with the large corporations. We have the famous Jim Crow Laws in the south and the numerous individual cases in the late 1920s that took place in Illinois. According to various sources, the majority of these conflicts have been started by police officers because one could observe conflicts with civil rights activists. As the police often turned to hose spraying and police dogs, these were quite famous brutality cases. It was only in the late 1960s that the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders has been created to investigate these police brutality cases. Since these cases are still taking place, we have social media as the voice that speaks through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to let the cases be heard and seen.The federal government is not addressing these cases and only equips the police officers with various military-grade tools like tear gas and mine-resisted armored trucks, which only leads to more violent protests in a result where violent methods lead to only more violence. Let's not forget that essays on police brutality must explore each case separately because there are many socio-cultural factors that are involved as society creates racist misconceptions and false judgments like wearing a hoodie instantly makes you a criminal and so on.
1. Get your facts straight from both sides of the camp.
2. Implement interviews and conduct research on the situation.
3. Provide statistical data and make sure that you use official reports only.
4. Good police brutality essays will include a counter-argument paragraph and will not put the blame without dealing with the facts or at least exploring the problems that we face in our society.Even when you already have a case study document with all the opinions clearly laid out, always take your time to explore things before you write. Such an approach will help you become a researcher and will teach you to think twice even when the facts seem obvious.
Fair Use Policy
EduBirdie considers academic integrity to be the essential part of the learning process and does not support any violation of the academic standards. Should you have any questions regarding our Fair Use Policy or become aware of any violations, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.