Community essays

137 samples in this category

Essay examples
Essay topics
Canada has had a long and contentious relationship with criminal law and its approach to punishment. The early Canadian societies of mostly French and English settlements evolved their notion of punishment through a predominantly religious lens. Christianity possessed a great deal of authority in the culture, and exemplary punishments were preferred. The Grand ordonnance criminelle (1670) enacted in New France codified this principle into colony law, authorizing the state’s obligation to prosecute crimes against society. The punishments contained within needed...
9 Pages 4056 Words
Citizenship is a concept of legal status which holds numbers of rights and entitlements and gives a sense of identity and belonging to the homeland country. It acquires or contains a universal desire term. Citizenship can be categories in many terms such as bad citizens, good citizens, active citizens and passive citizens. Having a citizenship is not only denoted legal status but also represents other claims, presumption and another status. Citizen is a word which is more than unselfconsciously imitative...
3 Pages 1188 Words
The global complexity in health and life of the modern population often enforces the healthcare practitioners in being health advocates for the general population. As per the definition of WHO, it is proved that advocacy can be considered as one of the critical three health promotion strategies, which can be performed by using different types of promotional channels and attributes. Based on the previous campaigning strategies, it can be stated that health advocacy is a combined approach, for gaining policy...
6 Pages 2537 Words
Human trafficking within South America is strongly pervasive and detrimental to the community and political system. 80% of the reported victims are women, from there, 51% are adults and 31% are girls under the age of eighteen. Girls are more vulnerable than boys concerning sex trafficking, and most of the victims are from South America. “Peru is the third country with the highest rate of human trafficking in America and places eighth among 167 countries,” says the Public Ministry in...
2 Pages 1080 Words
The current practice of racial profiling has been used significantly all around the world for centuries, demonstrating the need for control and monitoring to prevent and incite change. Gathering facts, statistics, and stories from the local news will further explain why racial profiling needs to be put to an end. Some issues that have occurred as a result of racial profiling would include unreasonable search and seizures, stop and frisk, and their impacts. Implementing guidelines to control racial profiling and...
4 Pages 1957 Words
Corporate citizenship is the new social identity supposing an important role in a firm’s life in the U.S. and Europe today. It is not enough for companies to generate a profit. U.S. and European citizens expect them to generate a profit and conduct themselves in an ethical and socially responsible manner. The ethical guidelines help organizations facilitate this expectation, which is vital for corporate growth and maintaining a competitive edge. Managers who deal with ethical and social responsibility problems often...
2 Pages 979 Words
Birthright Citizenship refers to the law that resulted from the fourteenth amendment to the US constitution that took place around 148 years ago. This declares all the children who are born on US soil as legal US citizens. This right is often referred as jus soli, meaning the right of soil. According to the Fourteenth amendment to US constitution and Immigration and national act “citizenship is automatically granted to the baby born within and subject to its jurisdiction of the...
3 Pages 1173 Words
This paper seeks to conscientiously analyze and interpret the contemporary social work practice environment using a contemplative analysis of society and culture to ascertain if and how different types of oppression and inequities in widespread capitalist societies causes social problems. The discussion will center more on child protection and removal, and the need for social workers to be culturally competent and to comprehend the political, social and economic effects surrounding this issue. The writer shall then conclude with a consideration...
3 Pages 1164 Words
When compared to women, men engage in more harmful behaviours such as excessive drinking, substance abuse, and participating in unsafe sexual activities (Courtenay, 2011). Although researchers suggest multiple causes underlying these differences, such as biology and access to healthcare, a significant number of studies indicate gender role socialization, which results in most men conforming to typical masculine norms (Liu & Iwamoto, 2007; O’Neil & Crasper, 2011; Locke & Mahalik, 2005). Seeking help from professional counselors would eliminate and reduce the...
7 Pages 3011 Words
Blind conformity is irrational and may even hurt others. As we have seen in the movie “ The Hunt,” Lucas is a teacher who never turns down a child’s needs. Therefore, the kindergarten children all like him pretty much. Lucas often helped one of a little girl named Clara, and Clara grew to like him. Then, Clara made little heart-shaped gifts and stuffed them into Lucas’s bag, and she also rushed up and kissed Lucas on the mouth. However, faced...
2 Pages 771 Words
In this essay I will be evaluating co-production in relation to their strengths and limitations. I will explain how this concept promotes relationship-based and person centred in relation to social work practice. Social workers will also empower individuals and let people be independent and self-determined, living the lives they want and having control. Social workers will follow the guide of the PCF, the nine domains: professionalism, values and ethic, diversity and equality, rights, justice and economic wellbeing, knowledge, critical reflection...
4 Pages 2026 Words
Group work is an essential component of Social Work due to its nature of being a multi-disciplinary practice and using groupwork methods of intervention (Maclean, 2015). Having taken part in a group assignment on the book The Lightless Sky, I have discovered how group work impacts on my personal and professional development as a Social Worker, through contributing to my self-awareness, personal growth and ability to work co-operatively with others. Throughout my experience with group work, I have identified many...
2 Pages 853 Words
In the future I see myself working as a children’s social worker because it is very rewarding career which can help individuals or society as a whole, undoubtedly it is very stressful job with a massive workload, very time consuming and has incredibly unsociable hours, it is not one of those nine to five jobs. Fortunately, I am that kind of person who loves challenges and being under stressful situations, figuring out ways to make someone’s life better is something...
2 Pages 855 Words
Social media platforms can be deem as an open book: on their versatile interfaces which is changing all the time, people can perceive a huge number of amazing communication acts, “from mundane gestures to revolutionary ones, from intimate exchange to the rise of new global public spheres”(Langlois & Elmer, 2013, p. 1). As Facebook, Twitter and other web 2.0 platforms grew, they made efforts for enhancing our connection to the world, giving individuals the chance to make voice and be...
6 Pages 2831 Words
Social work developed as a service to the people. The International Federation of Social Workers defines social work as a practice based profession and an academic discipline that promotes social change and development, social cohesion, and the empowerment and liberation of people. Industrial social work is an area of service delivery in the industries and in addition in social work activities. Industrial social work is influenced by a number factors such as the cultural, historical and socio- economic factors. It...
3 Pages 1348 Words
Social work is one of the top choices for career options for a lot students (Humprey, 2011). Many people go into the social work profession because it “can provide job satisfaction and contribute to our sense of meaning and purpose in life” (Humprey, 2011). This what it felt like for me when I was deciding what career I wanted to pursue after high school. I want to go into social work because of my personal experience and I thought it...
3 Pages 1420 Words
Since time immemorial, dance has been recognised as a unique art form which allows for pure self- expression, generating an exchange of movement dialogue between individuals and communities (Kogan, 2013). However, through modernisation, dance has evolved into a theatrical spectacle, with audiences racing to see a perfectly presented dancer leap across the stage (Anderson, 2001). Although beautiful to watch, this then establishes a question regarding the confined notions of what it means to be classified as a dancer?. Evidently, through...
3 Pages 1530 Words
Virtual community has resulted in a cultural shift as indicated by the deconstruction of “friendship” pushing the term and its meaning to almost insignificance. In the five-week Tinder case study, the participants have progressing interactions and associations with individuals of diverse cultures. This factor is largely driven by social reconstruction which, according to Castells (2014), is a result of pursuit for people whose attributes are similar. The social platforms facilitate the tremendous and broad sharing of ideas and thoughts across...
3 Pages 1216 Words
Viewing the four recordings on the heaviness of the country truly opened my eyes and caused me to understand that heftiness is a difficult issue in our present reality. In spite of the fact that this issue appears to be greater than us, there are things we can do to help bring down the pace of corpulence. Information about well-being and sustenance is a key factor that should be accentuated so as to support the reason. When individuals recognize what...
7 Pages 3139 Words
Quality is the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind or the degree of excellence of something. As an IB learner, I often increase the accuracy and depth of my knowledge through my coursework and communication with my peers. Questioning the quality of knowledge I gained is a common practice of the process. I believe that knowledge that is accepted by the majority requires a physical/existing form of evidence to prove and validate its accuracy...
4 Pages 1731 Words
Introduction In this assignment, I will be doing a peer review on the Research interview wiki. I will be looking at what peer review is and analyzing what a research interview is. I will create enough time to understand the topic and provide feedback that would facilitate learning for me and the research group. Peer review Peer review is critically looking at a draft research wiki thereby providing praise for what I find interesting and offering constructive suggestions where necessary....
1 Page 589 Words
 Do you or anyone you know suffer from depression? It’s a line almost everyone alive has heard in their life at one time or another. A line I’ve heard many times in my life but have now seen it two different ways. At first, I’d hear the line then move past it as if it was just talking about the weather. This line now means so much more since I myself suffer from depression. Once it affects you it means...
3 Pages 1273 Words
This report is a detailed community profile of the geographical location of County Durham in the North East region of England. A community profile can be described as a ‘comprehensive description of the needs of a population … that is defined as a community, and the resources that exist within that community, carried out with the active involvement of the community’ (Hawtin, Hughes, and Percy-Smith, 1994: 5). County Durham is a large and diverse area. It is home to over...
4 Pages 1643 Words
Loss of cultural identity of the Adivasis community Mahasweta Devi's Chotti Munda and His Arrow expose the tribal history of the Munda community and others with colonial and post-colonial history. Devi attempts to highlight tribal history to emphasize their social lifestyle and their struggles for their rights and livelihood. Additionally, she also unfolds how they were treated and taken advantage of by others. Devi says in her interview with Gayatri C Spivak, “I have seen with my eyes what the Emergency...
6 Pages 2574 Words
One simply cannot discuss the cultural and national identity of music without examining the society it was created, and the contexts it is interpreted. Using both Yothu Yindi and the Gorunji Singers' performance of Wanji Wanji, I will be discussing society, context, and its effect on the cultural and national identity in music. Looking specifically at “Treaty” I analyzed the second rendition, or remix, as well as Wanji Wanji and how it expanded both in popularity and geographically. In order...
4 Pages 1934 Words
“...You’ve thrown the worst fear that can ever be hurled, fear to bring children into the world.” - “Masters of War” by Bob Dylan The Vietnam War began in November 1955 and ended in April 1975. It is the second-longest war in American history, closely behind the current war in Afghanistan which began in 2001 and is still transpiring to this day. The Vietnam War lasted eighteen years, during this time the United States saw five presidents, Dwight D. Eisenhower,...
3 Pages 1610 Words
The children’s microsystem, which is made up of the immediate family members/parents/guardians with whom they spend most of their time (Woodhouse, 2020) is the one that lays the foundation of a child’s educational journey. A child heavily relies on their parents/caregivers to communicate and learn the norms and values from, within the first years of their lives (Magnuson & Schindler, 2016). Therefore, having the parent’s trust and working with them hand in hand would ensure a positive and caring atmosphere...
2 Pages 775 Words
Communication is the process of exchanging information, thoughts, feelings, ideas, and emotions through writing, signal speech, and behavior. Communication does not only occur in humans but also in lower organisms, it is actually a key instrument for the survival of lower organisms, more human beings with larger requirements. Communication is therefore essential in human lives. There is much importance in communication, some of which will be explained in detail in the ensuing paragraphs. Firstly, proper communication enhances productivity. Productivity is...
1 Page 532 Words
Refugees are those who, are taken out of their own country forcibly before reasons such as for religious or ethnic cleansing. Bangladesh has been on the receiving end of refugees for a long time. However, in the past 2 years, the amount increased in unbelievable numbers. The government of Bangladesh displayed enough generosity in providing shelter to the Rohingya from Myanmar. Nevertheless, Myanmar showed no interest in taking back the refugees. According to Fox News, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has...
2 Pages 1021 Words
Introduction The documentary film 'Waiting for Superman' directed by Davis Guggenheim shines a spotlight on the challenges faced by the American education system. Through personal stories and compelling statistics, the film exposes the flaws within the system and highlights the urgent need for reform. This summary essay will provide an overview of the key themes and issues explored in 'Waiting for Superman', shedding light on its powerful portrayal of the educational crisis in the United States. Summary 'Waiting for Superman'...
1 Page 479 Words
price Check the price of your paper
Topic
Number of pages
Email Invalid email

By continuing, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.

Join our 150k of happy users

• Get original paper written according to your instructions
  • Save time for what matters most
Place an order

Fair Use Policy

EduBirdie considers academic integrity to be the essential part of the learning process and does not support any violation of the academic standards. Should you have any questions regarding our Fair Use Policy or become aware of any violations, please do not hesitate to contact us via support@edubirdie.com.

Check it out!